A Time for Innovation! - The Unofficial Tinker Class Discussion Megathread

Thanks for the shout out friend! I was very happy to help. I’ll add your thread to the megathread index I have on mine.

I’m not really interested in new classes, especially tinker, but super great work with constructing the thread and I wish you all the best. Class megathreads are a neat idea and I love creativity that goes into this stuff. Hopefully even more valuable feedback will be shared here!

4 Likes

Give this thread a nice bump.

As we inch closer to April 19th, I keep hoping we’ll get Tinkers out of this.

3 Likes

Truly a patriate Liianas haha

1 Like

The Original Tinker:

Just to add to this thread, I do believe that Tinkers are a potential class in the next expansion.

Goblins have a shared history with the Black Dragonflight. A portion of the next expansion can explore that history. Goblins helped create the original dragon soul, and it’s possible that Goblins may know the location of the Dragon Isles.

Also, Wrathion (a Black Dragon) is looking for them, and the other dragons aren’t helping him. I could see a situation where he turns to the goblins of Undermine for help.

And we simply can’t ignore the hints from BFA and Shadowlands;

1. Tinkers in Island Expeditions
  2. Mechagon
  3. Mekkatorque getting the Spark Reactor
  4. Returning to Kezan
  5. Gazlowe becoming faction leader
  6. Steamscale Incinerator (mech dragon 1)
  7. Tinkers on Exile’s Reach
  8. Gallywix hanging with the Brokers in Shadowlands
  9. Timeless Mechanical Dragonling (mech dragon 2)
  10. Save the date map with plenty of space for Undermine
3 Likes

I like to think that the April Fools joke about the “Tinker Leaker” class was directed at me.

Only I can be so unrelentingly faithful and annoying

Literally when in dungeon groups for dungeons like Grimrail, Steamvaults, or Mechagon, I will go out of my way to say:
“What do you guys think about a class that fights with Tech and Explosives like this boss?”

Maybe it’s a little vain. But that April fools joke felt aimed at me specifcally

Also, Nefarian absolutely focused on Technology over magic. He tried Cloning, Alchemy, and technology to preserve his bloodline.

4 Likes

As long as it’s not another leather class it should be good. We need another mail class.

5 Likes

And Wrathion is also a Black Dragon.

Nah, definitely Mail armor.

4 Likes

It’s gotta be.

Mail or bust!

4 Likes

Mail class, all specs use Intellect.

In WarCraft 3, Tinkers actually had higher armor than just about anything else… but only in their Mech.

I think using Intellect Mail on all specs will do fine

I want the Undermine to be a Map underneath the map we already know, with fast ways to get from continent to continent.

As in, I want undermine zones in EK, Kalimdor, Kezan, all over the world.
Use teleporters or bullet trains to get from point to point.
Maybe too ambitions, but it would be cool to have another way to travel that isn’t just Zepplin, Portal, or Boat.

3 Likes

Not sure I would call borrowing a concept used by other games in one form or another as “innovation”…

Pretty sure the “Innovation” part of the title is mostly playing some fun with the Tinker concept not specifically saying its innovating for video games as a whole.

2 Likes

I mean, every class we have in this game is “borrowed” from WC3.
But the “Time for Innovation” title is clearly because Tinkers and great minds and inventors.

Tinkers make machines to solve their problems. Sometimes those are “practical problems” :wrench:

2 Likes

Ew, robots and explosions, so boring, try being unique.

Why do something like that when you can do unique concepts like man with sword, but also spells. or shoot bow but also hit thing.

Or my personal favorite, warlock, but with dead pet instead of evil pet

Perhaps my new racial idea: “orc but with horns” will persuade you towards my very creative ideas.

2 Likes

You had me rolling.

Tinker remains so prominent as an idea because none of the classes are even close.

The most common comparison is Hunter, who is almost entirely based on Animals and Nature. It couldn’t be more different.

I would also like to add a small complaint for everyone who advocates for a battle mage.
Enhancement Shaman already exists. You infuse your weapons with Magical power, and as you hit enemies with you magical weapons, you build up power for your spells. Which you weave in and out of your melee attacks.

In what universe is that NOT a battle mage?

1 Like

Interesting how people consider the concept boring, yet view concepts we already have in the lineup like Necromancy and Shadow Archery as something exciting and unique…

2 Likes

I could not have made the facetious nature of my post any more obvious.

4 Likes

My apologies then.

1 Like

Bump.
Im Bored.

Today I’m going to Re-hash the “Exiles Reach” topic.
How every Class has a Class-related NPC on the Island, but there is also a Tinker NPC who is seemingly out of place at the moment. Thoughts?

2 Likes