A thread in support of addons

There is a difference from standing along your opinion to being in game harassed. Like calling people cowards for example is against TOS

I’ve never received any hate mail or death threats and it’s actually annoying considering how much of a big deal these people claim it is

I’m very openly a jerk and antagonistic towards people with garbage opinions, and have yet to make anyone angry enough to send me in-game mail

Sorry all I hear is

Anyone who hides behind alts is a coward and their words are worthless to me

(Some exceptions may apply)

2 Likes

I use them, but I’d prefer every thing I need to be in the default UI, so that I Do not need them :paw_prints:

1 Like

You mean people with opinions other than your own.

2 Likes

Nope, exclusively garbage opinions

We can disagree on foods/movies/musics/etc

But some opinions are just garbage, like the people who have them

2 Likes

I apologize for it being so long but I wanted to cover a lot of the rhetoric and give a lot of examples of how things are useful.

I’m more inclined to write a Ph.D. thesis on the behavior and patterns of people with covert narcissistic personality disorder or after doing a mass longitudinal study on the behavioral health, level of function, and grades of students at colleges and universities and see how time changes affect people.

3 Likes

if you think you need add-ons for pve your just bad… (none of us are world first raiders trying to squeeze out every 1 dps)

plenty of indicators with default UI, and many add-ons change it up visually.

what I hate is bad players who think you need add-ons to raid because they don’t know how to not stand in fire without a BIG TEXT telling them what to do.

only add-ons i think are needed is for PVP like BG targets/enemies for RBG’s, which blizzard could solve by adding themselves.

also most of the add-on hate is specifically DPS meters/parsers which is is also the BIG NO NO add-on in FF14.

it’s a great tool but abused BY TOOLS who like to min/max the fun out of the game and say anything not perfectly optimal is bad.

3 Likes

An addon I can’t play without is ‘Livestock’. Let’s you have favourite pets and mounts linked per character and not all account. One button for mount/dismount which also differs between indoors, flying or ground whenever possible, has druid options and so on.

it’s amazing that there are people that actively are out there that want to make the game worse for most people and straight up ruin the game for roleplayers like myself just because they can’t figure out how to download a couple addons. i know damn well if addons get removed the RP community will never get anything like they haven’t for the past 17 years.

1 Like

I post on my main? I love it when people send me in-game hate mail. I have copies saved of every one in my bank to look back on and giggle when times are hard.

3 Likes

Good thing thats not what OP was talking about

Captain’s log: 6/27/22

I fear I may never make it to the bottom. I have been reading for days and still can see nothing but blackness. I’ve started hearing voices from the void. We are almost out of oxygen and used the last of our food and water supply 2 nights ago. This… could be the end.

4 Likes

don’t worry blizzard will add a pg-13 version to the game lol

Some of us love you for it.

Lots of us love you as well.

I’m disabled. I need addons for raiding because of my disabilities.

It’s hilarious that someone with less than 200 Io who hasn’t even fully cleared normal is calling someone who has disabilities yet still manages to get AotC and KSM bad.

I couldn’t care any less about why they’re trying to make decisions for everyone based on their limited perspectives.

If they want final fantasy then they can play final fantasy.

PS: People use meters on final fantasy. They just don’t talk about it in game.

2 Likes

I see as kind of a straight forward concept. High end players SHOULDNT need addon BECAUSE they are high end players. Its low to mid level players that need to be carried by addons.

The only addon ons I usually use are a healing addon on (Blizz should have fixed default healing a LONG time ago), a transmog addon, sometimes a mission table addon and decursive.

I could do without almost all of them.

• No Vuhdo or Healbot = no healing from me. I just wouldnt do it in WoW.
  • Ill deal with no transmog stuff but I wil lplay less as that gives me a reason to continue running old content.
  • No mission table addon mean I dont do mission tables because what Blizz thinks is fun, I dont
  • Dont really need Decursive but its a nice simple thing I have been using since it came out.
1 Like

If your addons don’t need addons

you’re doing it wrong.

1 Like

alt’s/altoholic - no real guild atm - soo glad you could judge me based of a useless number that tells you nothing about me… i have done plenty of +15’s… done all normal/heroic bosses this expansion besides SOTFO which i have done all on normal and most on heroic
(excluding jailor since pugs usually not doing him)

and then you act like you being disable and me not is a insult? I have known plenty of disable play this game at a high level.

Then you should have opted NOT to start a new post about it rather than replying to the countless other ones you have just admitted to seeing.

As someone who mained a healer from late vanilla to legion, this. This a million times.

Addonception.

If you lack the fortitude to put your main’s name on your opinion, your opinions are going to be judged based on what you have done with that alt. Sorry, them’s the works.

Also, you don’t use an apostrophe to pluralize.

2 Likes

I can’t even give you a main because I don’t really have one, every patch it’s been different. This expansion has sucked for me guild wise, I been in many different guilds since my last one had a falling out when classic came out because everyone wanted something different.

but your proving my point on why people are not liking parser/dps add-ons because people use it to judge people on INACCURATE NUMBERS and assume someone fully dedicates to one main only ever. and everything about said character means everything about said persons worth.

some are jacks of all trades which is why I know how to tank/heal/dps most/all content at normal raiding level and usually two of the 3 roles at heroic raiding. and have hated what mythic + has become and what parse chasers are gatekeeping content that your more then viable for because it goes back to ONLY PERFECTION is allowed.

If i tried joining a +4 as a dps on this mage it take a hour because why invite me when someone else has higher item lvl/rating? even though I vastly out gear it and have done it at a vastly higher key lvl. my dps usually only get KEYs done within a guild and that’s been spotty this expansion for me personally.

don’t have time to do that on all my characters.

which is why most of my mythic + has been done on a class that cna heal for pugs