A thing came up to mind with this new Warlock demons customization:

Could it, MAYBE, give warlock’s demons some “necromancer-ish” customizations?

I don’t think it will be true, but surely would be super cool, along with green fire spells. Would give some cool necromancer fantasy feels.

3 Likes

“BuT wE aLrEaDy HaVe NeCrOmAnCeRs! tHeY’rE UnHoLy dEaThkNiGhTs!!!111”

4 Likes

It’s mainly existing demons getting the customization options.

That’s plausible.

Here’s the thing that people tend to forget with Warlocks in the WarCraft franchise: they are all about seeking power at any cost. Through Demonic pacts is only one avenue - the easiest and most powerful avenue, but not the only one. Look at the members of the Black Harvest. There are those utilizing necromancy, the elements, and even draconic power. They’ll take whatever they can get.

Demons are obviously the most iconic, but they’ve never been the sole route to power.

1 Like

Since Shadowlands I thought it would be cool to have a Demonology Warlock that utilizes the devourers.

I doubt they’re ever going to do this. My guess is they’ll either expand on my necromancer lore or make it a hero class one day.

i never did understand that argument, it’s like calling Warlocks and Demon Hunters the same thing since they both use demonic power lol

1 Like

To be fair, the first generation of DKs were necromancers so I can kind of see why people say that.

But, I’ve always said that we are two different classes. Necromancers are spell casters and put my dead-raising abilities to shame. I’m more of an unholy warrior that relies on my weapon.

2 Likes

Not exactly. They were Warlock souls placed into Paladin bodies and empowered with Necrolyte (Orc Necromancer) sacrifices. Gul’dan challenged the Necrolytes to create Undead that could challenge the power gained from demons. They failed to compare, so they were simply used as fuel to empower Warlocks.

Necromancers are cool in other franchises, but they’ve always been portrayed as a stepping stone to greater powers in the WarCraft universe.

1 Like

I would hope, but not too hopeful.

You can have green fire with a quest, can’t wait to see the new demons customization, not sure if they will make new ones or just the glyph ones

Would be nice if they just added a check box while picking your spec that had different flavors like necormancer themes or race-class themes. But that probably leads to a lot of animation tweeks that Blizzard is unlikely to do.

1 Like

Could my void walker please be hot pink? I just think it would be hilarious.

:cookie:

1 Like

And I’ll name mine Giorgio, and he will only fight to Italo disco.

1 Like

idk, i main a lock but still would prefer a total separate necromancer class instead of just a warlock with illusions. that would mess with the lore of the class.

Are we going to be able to customize more than just the Imp? I usually use the Voidwalker or the Felguard but rarely the Imp.