[A] Sword and Rose Tavern -- Join Us on March 31st!

Over the years the Alliance settlement of Westguard Keep continued to maintain its vigil in the Howling Fjord; though, as time has passed and circumstances have conspired, the money and army that sustained it dwindled as new threats arose in Azeroth and now beyond. While the military maintains the garrison there, the families that uprooted their lives to move there to serve and maintain the settlement have mostly been forgotten. A stranger came by shortly after the military departure from Northrend and offered to help sustain the keep and buildings that had been built; though, even their donations couldn’t finish the forgotten statues or continue to maintain the walls and other structures that had been only half-built when the campaign was done. Still, the inhabitants of the Keep decided to remain there, and over time, the Westguard Inn became known as the Sword and Rose Tavern by the locals.

Recently the stranger sent new management to oversee and invigorate the local tavern, and with their help, they are ready to invite outsiders into their little piece of Northrend once again.

The Sword and Rose Tavern would like to invite you to join them on March 31st around 10 pm for an hour or so, to enjoy some special cuisine and drinks and remember the days of yore while considering the future to come. You’ll be greeted there by the new managers, Channyn and Cerril Silverleaf, and get a chance to know them and those who are looking to reinvigorate the area in light of many recent events transpiring in Northrend. Previous managers, innkeeper Celeste Goodhutch and bartender Jason Goodhutch, will also be on hand to serve more of the local cuisine for which Westguard Keep is known.

How to Get Here

The Alliance Icebreaker “Northspear” sets sail from Menethil Harbor to Valgarde Keep. From there, follow the road north out of town past Utgarde Keep and take a left at the fork in the road. From there just follow the signposts until you reach Westguard Keep.

Or you can fly down from Dalaran to land at Greer Orehammer’s gryphon roost in Westguard Keep itself.

The tavern itself isn’t hard to find; just look for entrance right across from the local keep.

The Tavern Special

A Classic Pairing of Lobster Stew and Badlands Bourbon
(Quantities are limited; so, first come, first served.)

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!

Overview

What: Alliance Sword and Rose Tavern event
When: March 31st at 10 pm server (CST)
Where: The Sword and Rose Tavern (Westguard Inn)
Evening’s Special: Lobster Stew and Badlands Bourbon

OOC:

Hey everyone! This will be the Sword and Rose’s first event here on Moon Guard, and while we’re still a small and growing guild, we wanted to take the opportunity to provide a space somewhere out-of-the-way to meet and do a bit of casual RP. We’re excited to be able to offer this along with our Behind the Bar (BtB) services to the Moon Guard community as a whole. If you want to know more about that, you can find our BtB post here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/a-h-swords-and-roses-tavern-behind-the-bar/898725

I’ve included a map below of Howling Fjord for you to get your bearings. If you’re looking for Westguard Keep you can find it on the west coast about midway down on the map. The directions above should be adequate, but if you have any questions on how to get there or need some help, please don’t hesitate to ask us.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d6/9b/01/d69b017d3ba1e6c8b445ebf4aa3875f5.jpg

Can I Donate to the Event?

We’d be happy to have your donations for this event and future ones. The next event we’ll be holding will be a Horde event followed by a neutral event for both factions. We’ll be hosting these once a month and hope that you’ll be able to join us, as we’ll do our best to post them far enough in advance for you to clear some time in your schedule. But even if you can’t join us, we’d be happy to accept donations for our events to save us some time and gold in acquiring items for them.

So what do we accept?
Anything from food to drinks to items to oddities. The oddities and items we’ll raffle off on a future date, and the food and drink items we’ll use to supply our specialty dishes for the nights when we’re staffing the tavern.

But where do I send stuff?
We’ve got two lovely characters to whom you can send your donations. For the Alliance side of our tavern, we have Gnymsy the Gnumbers Gnome (in-game: Gnymsy.) And for our Horde tavern, Jelirra our Hoarding Vulpera (in-game: Jelirra) will be happy to receive your items.

Should you be willing to donate items, your efforts will be recognized in a special thank you post following our event and listed on our “Hall of Sponsors” plaque located Behind the Bar. You are also welcome to send items for a monetary return, though please be advised that we reserve the right to deny those donations if we’re unable to use them or cannot afford them.

When sending your items, please include in the message the name you want posted to our plaques. If the name is offensive or fails to abide by the RP Server Naming Guidelines, we reserve the right not to include it.

Can I Help Out?

We could definitely use help, and if you’re able and willing to be around on March 31st a little before the event starts, we’ll get you settled with the help we need. Or you can contact us any time before the event and let us know what you’re willing and able to do, and we’ll work out something with you. In particular we’re looking for a bard, some mages willing to offer portal services to Dalaran from Stormwind and Oribos as well as be announcers for the event. We’re hoping to get everyone into a raid group, but if there happen to be too many people for one group we’ll start another. All helpers will be given assist on the evening of the event.

The NPC’s Are Noisy! Help!

If you’re having trouble keeping up with the conversation during the event due to too much NPC chatter, I’ve written up a helpful little guide to turning their conversations off.

How to turn off NPC chatter:

• Click the tab where you’ll be monitoring chat (General is the default.)
  • Move your cursor down to Settings and click it.
  • Click on the “Other” tab.
  • Uncheck boxes in the “Creature Messages” area that correspond to the text you no longer want to see. (For this event, I’d recommend unchecking say, emote, and yell.)

Questions, Concerns, Pickles you want to throw at us?

Please feel free to contact Channyn in-game (Channyn) or poke her at either of the following places:
Battletag: Argentrose#1553
Discord: Argentrose#1799

Or you can poke Cerril in-game (Cerril) who will inevitably poke Channyn. Or also reach him here:
Battletag: Cyril#1635
Discord: Cerril#7028

1 Like

With over a week to go, we’re gearing up for our event and would love to have you join us.

We are still looking for people willing to help us with the event; so, if you’re available and able, please do contact me!

Until then, stay safe and happy, Moon Guard!

1 Like

Hey, there, Moon Guardians!

We’re looking forward to seeing you all this Wednesday out in Howling Fjord!

If anyone can offer their help for this event, we’d sure appreciate it. Please see the first message for details on what we need.

If you have questions or thoughts, please feel free to poke me on Battlenet: Argentrose#1553 or on Discord: Argentrose#1799.

Can’t wait to see you there at 10pm (RST)!

1 Like

Bumpie bump for nice folks!

1 Like

It’s tonight! It’s tonight! Please come join us all tonight!

We can’t wait to see you out in Westguard Keep for a (hopefully) relaxing inaugural opening of our Sword and Rose Tavern. There will be lobster! There will be bourbon! And of course, the local cuisine!

We hope you’ll join us tonight at 10 pm (RST–that’s Central DST for those of you wondering,) for a fun, relaxing evening up in Northrend!

See you there tonight!

Thank you to everyone who stopped by, especially those from the Rose Garden Tavern! It was very kind and gracious of you, and I look forward to the day when we can return the favor! I meant to grab some pictures, but I kind of forgot. >.<

It was just so fun getting a chance to tend a tavern again, and I hope to see more of you at our next event!

Until then, THANK YOU! Getting to serve you all was truly a pleasure.

1 Like