A Slew of Problems in War Mode

It’s bugged lol. They can completely negate Net-o-Matic, even though that’s supposed be a direct counter to flight.

4 Likes

I think the game sees the druid as standing on the ground in a shapeshift form, instead of flying

also:
/cancelaura Flight Form
/cast Prowl

1 Like

Any other class can be standing on the ground on their flying mount, yet they can still be netted because the mount they are on is a flying mount.

Flight Form is bugged. Stag Form or Cheetah Form is supposed to be the ground mount variant of Travel Form. Flight Form is supposed to be the flying mount variant of Travel Form.

When they’re in the air you can net them just fine, but when they touch the ground, even though they’re not in Stag/Cheetah Form, the game will suddenly recognize them as a ground mount and it won’t affect them. It’s a bug that occurred when they consolidated it into one spell. It’s because the Net-o-Matic only works on flying mounts. Previous dismount items such as Salt Hardened Shell worked on both Ground and Flying mounts, so it still affected druids regardless. They need to fix Travel Form to not recognize as a ground mount if they’re in the Flight Form aura or make Net-o-Matic affect both ground and flying mounts.

That’s fine, you can’t Prowl in combat. Anyone can easily get a druid in combat while someone nets them. I’m not complaining about that lol.

1 Like

I think this is circumvented by DH not having as much leech in SL. On my hunter I rock 26% leech in my WPvP set and a mongoose bite, which is a relatively hard hitting ability, heals me for about 160k. I think DHs having like 45-50% leech in meta with such a high uptime makes leeching mobs insane for them.

Personally I hope the legacy damage mechanics that enable leeching still remains, because in the game’s current state it’s the only way for me to reliably 1v2 lesser-skilled players in open world. In WoD when I was a less experienced hunter than I am now I remember 1v2ing double melee in low MMR arenas by kiting and clever CCing.

Now even as a multi-2400 hunter I struggle IMMENSELY to 1v2 even 2 decently geared, 1400 XP melee if they aren’t completely terrible at the game. Many ranged classes simply are too pruned to outplay the most donkey of melee like they could before and have to rely on mechanics like leech to pull off these wins sadly. I think I remember showing you my little leech trick for WPvP :stuck_out_tongue:

Boosting your damage and survival by 50% could backfire, unless they start sharding people in with you once you have it. I’ve been on toons as a horde bounty where I can’t even find an alliance and end up doing something else after 10 minutes, so in those cases you would just be god mode for the random schmuck that runs into you.

Just make a currency you collect with bounty on that gives you tokens with some clever name like “Briny Ale” and use them for cosmetic things like cloaks, enchants, mounts, etc. and then some neat potions or things that get used up so you always have a reason to get the tokens.

Good post. I don’t agree with most of it but you make a good argument.

I’ve been Bounty many times. Players don’t become a Bounty for a reward nor do they deserve one. The reward was killing and ganking players. Remember when you’re a Bounty you already have an Assassin damage boost.

Players who have a Bounty are killers, murderous fiends, they deserve to be hunted down.

The way I look at it, I had my fun killing the Alliance, they deserve a reward from killing me. I also enjoy killing Alliance Bounty’s and collecting the reward. It all works out in the end.

1 Like

I understand that when you’re an Assassin you get the damage and healing boost, but you lose out on so much becoming a bounty.

You lose the ability to fly and your location is tracked, everyone in the area will swarm to you. I’m not saying bounties should be able to fly, (because then everyone would just sit in the air) but becoming a bounty is pretty much pointless after you obtain the title. You can just log the bounty off, log back in, and you still have your Assassin buff with the damage and healing bonus.

That’s what I do most of the time if I don’t want a swarm of people coming to me.

I mean, I don’t disagree with you, but if there’s nothing in it for me, nothing is stopping me from logging my bounty off. I’ll still have the Assassin buff and I can fly again. Nothing makes me want to keep my bounty so everyone loses out on getting a reward from killing me. If there was something that incentivized me to stay a bounty, I’d stay one. Currently there isn’t.

Also, mind if I ask, what part you don’t agree with? That’s fine and all but I’d love to have more open conversations and hear others opinions on the matter.

my only complaint about warmode is the bounty i wish that was never in the game nothing more irritating then having a huge mark on your head just to have 20 kids jump you at once out of no where.

Druids are annoying but lets not take away abilities. Especially ones that aren’t really a big deal.

Scaling is also annoying but I understand why Blizzard has done it taking in to consideration, WPVP and War Mode. If they didn’t have it, we would have no players to Gank. Sure, it’s harder to kill, takes longer, and you can’t underestimate anyone but you can solo players who are lower level.

There is nothing wrong with giving players a chance to at least get away.

Camo & log it, very simple. I log every bounty I get.

I’ve been saying that there needs to be a reward for being bounty for what, a year now? Increased damage and healing bonuses for the raid or perhaps buff the npc’s a bit for each bounty? Or extra conquest for the bountied person perhaps.

1 Like

Yeah i know about the log out trick but it doesn’t usually take long for it to come back anyway i used to like wpvp alot and still do but i just hate the bounty system

No one’s talking about taking away an ability though, we’re talking about fixing an ability. I don’t want Flight Form to be gone. I want it to be fixed and work properly like all of the other flying mounts.

They can still avoid being netted if they fix flight form. As someone said earlier, they can prowl in the air to avoid the Net-o-Matic and that’s completely fine. It can atleast be countered, you can put them in combat if they do that.

For this expansion, yes, I can see why they’ve done it for WPvP and War Mode. Gear acquisition from PvP is terrible, the gear you get from doing PvE is far superior. Not every PvP player wants to do PvE for their gear which is understandable.

Going into Shadowlands though, we’re getting PvP vendors back. Honor and Conquest vendors, which hopefully is comparable to PvE gear in terms of ilvl.

If this is the case, players should have no problem getting gear doing content they love, aka PvP.

My problem with scaling though currently is that it’s scaled too much. The numbers generated are fake. It’ll show you the numbers you wish to see, but in reality its scaling it down. It is really confusing to see my spells saying they are hitting for 30K, but watching the enemy only take 10K. It makes character progression feel pointless, and this is an MMORPG where character progression should mean everything.

I don’t know what this one is about. Many classes have a chance to get away. Night Elf druids can Shadowmeld flightform away. Paladins can bubble hearth, Rogues can cloak and vanish. Hunters can trap and feign death away. Warriors can stun or fear and heroic leap away and escape combat. Mages can polymorph, invis, and escape. There’s even items that can help with this such as Darkmoon Cannon. These are all fine.

I most be a masochist. Because I think the bounty system is one of my favorite features, I will literally make it my goal to become the bounty. I will than turn it into a game of cat and mouse. I can remember being out in drustvar a going back and forth between fel haven and Aorm’s.

The horde where dive bombing in left and right. It was so much fun.

Why? Just take the beating a work to earn it again. :grinning:

2 Likes

Druid flight form:

I agree this is an issue. There’s a siimple solution: make the Net-o-Matic instant cast. This would have the additional benefit of eliminating flying as an easy immunity mechanism when waiting to gank or when escaping. Flying may be appropriate for peace mode, but in war mode, easy flying just interferes with PVP. Instant cast Net-o-Matic would fix that.

Bounties:

I don’t agree this is an issue. Getting a bounty is its own reward. If you don’t like that reward, relog and it’s gone.

There are really only three key things they need to do in Shadowlands for PVP.

1. Keep the Conquest system and keep the gear competitive with a typical Normal to Heroic to early Mythic raiding pace as it was in 8.1.

2. Keep PVP assaults in the game by creating some assaults in Shadowlands.

3. Keep AOO in the game and tune it against any CTA quests so it operates like it did in 8.1.

Not saying nobody likes it just saying my personal hate towards it maybe they should make a toggle where you can decide if you want to have 1 on you or not

that way people like you that like it can keep it on and keep the dmg and heal buff etc

and the people who hate the bounty can keep it off and get nothing for it just normal pvp without having the stupid mark on your head

The longer they live the more chance they have to get away or help to arrive.

It’s your Bounty, you did all the work, you absolutely should get to decide.

People look at things differently.

1 Like

This would be horrible. If you think that the griefing that goes on in Uldum / Vale is bad now with the 5v1s or whatever; imagine if they could just park themselves on a tower and just pot shot people out of there air randomly.

This wouldn’t cater to a fun gaming experience except to those who would enjoy abusing it.

Would rather they just got rid of flying before your suggestion :slight_smile:

Because I love denying you all the plundered supplies :wink:

2 Likes

Agree with this. Becoming a bounty now is just an annoyance that isn’t worth the hassle; you get a corpse run, the enemy gets rewarded. I have no desire to be a loot pinata if there is nothing in it for me. An easy solution is to just add in an achievement on both sides of the coin; “Slay X players while you are a bounty” Reward: cosmetic weapon / “Slay x bounty players” Title reward: The Bountiful

I think War Mode is great and there is a whole host of opportunities with adding specific achievements. Like I said before, revamping For the Horde/Alliance, or killing / defending a particular city with guard outfit toys could be tons of fun.