A Simple Ticket request

Why is it so hard to ask to have a simple ticket request. I go through the rabbit hole of trying to get my answer across, only to get my final answer is “Go to the forums to get an answer”. I would like to just be like “Yeah I know the answer isn’t in your archive and I know the forums didn’t help, so let me just ticket it!”. I know I sound hypocritical, but still it pains me that just putting in a ticket (whether it is important or not) is lost over the ages.

There are limits to what GMs are allowed to do. It’s not that they don’t want to help, but they have to answer to the Powers That Be. If it’s difficult and it puts you in circles, then it’s likely to be one of those situations that a GM cannot assist with.

That said, what was your issue? People here are more than happy to help, provided it’s not something in the wheelhouse of needing specific account actions. And if it’s not something we here know an answer to, folks here can get you going in the right direction to hopefully find that answer.

7 Likes

The ticket system is meant to help triage your issue. This thread created by one of the moderators might answer why,

If you do need gm help, perhaps describing the most recent issue you are experiencing, and your fellow posters can help point you in a direction to get the help.

Keep in mind GM staff ultimately do not give game hints, do not fix bugs or program the game systems.

Keep in mind in the past players would often put in tickets simply stating “please help”, but not give any details about what they need help with leading to often week long wait times.

6 Likes

Most of the time if you get that when trying to file a ticket what you want is not something a GM can help with. If you can give an idea of what you need a GM for we may be able to tell you if a GM can address it and how to make a ticket for it.

3 Likes

As the others mentioned, Chuungus, in most situations like that, there isn’t an option to submit a ticket because our staff is unable to help with it. You are referred to the forums or other sources because your fellow players are often the best source of information for game related topics.

That said, if you can give us an idea of what you are looking for, perhaps we can better direct you. :slight_smile:

5 Likes