A serious problem going into Wrath Classic

OK 1st off class balance has never been better in wrath 2nd of all just because they’re faster at leveling doesn’t mean they’re overpowered you’re only looking at them from a dungeon and leveling perspective you’re not considering raids in wrath at all.

And realistically for most of the player base that’s going to be the content that matters secondly if you played any other version of World of Warcraft you would know that overall wrath has the best balance and I sure hate the one to go back to classic where Warriors are completely broken and Lee broken and everybody else sucks.

Or tvc where your stacking hunters and warlocks And the only good a wee tanks are paladins no wrath balance is fine they do not need to touch it leave it alone.

Is wrath everyone’s favorite expac because it’s just so obscenely easy?

Like have you guys all just been waiting to play classic style wow with cheat codes enabled for the past 2 expansions?

It has absolutely nothing to do with that. You can pull entire rooms as an appropriately leveled group. You couldn’t pull entire rooms with a group of 64s in something like BF before prepatch.

The question is why would you want that?

You guys really tryina play an extremely easy game for the next year and a half? Is this why they’re called wrath babies?

Entire room(s)? Maybe not, but BF had several premium AOE pulls if your comp could handle it, and people were moving on to SP at like 61 when they hit Thrallmar/HH honored.

Honestly I was super disappointed by the lack of difficulty in the TBCC normals but pleasantly surprised by their difficulty in heroic.

This is with Naxx gear though.

My point being that in prepatch you can do it with the trash boostie players and their trash boostie gear, so the strength is coming from the class changes, not from some increase in player knowledge.

For example, my prof alts I was leveling to 65 before the prepatch now do an extra 200-300 DPS immediately following the class changes.

Classic has been easy since it launched

Yeah but that’s the point. Blizzard wants players to be able to wrap up all their TBC goals in time for Wrath. Guilds that were hard stuck on Kalecgos were able to clear Sunwell if not the week of 3.0, then the following week.

Then in Wrath the game got challenging again… generally.

Naxx was a notoriously easy T1 raid.

If prepatch is any indication of how Wrath plays, then easy doesn’t cut it. If Classic up to here has been easy, this is child’s play.

Regardless, who cares if Classic has been easy for you so far. Are you guys looking forward to it getting even easier, and if so, why?

2 Likes

Seems we’re talking about different things here.

its begins at rfc…i remember why i never played wotlk alternatives

faceroll pve to max lvl = retail

If you can’t understand it, maybe Wrath isn’t for you, and that should be ok.

what is even the point of this post? do an overhaul class change because you think they are OP or change player behavior because you the didn’t chit chat with you? in both cases it sounds like a “ you” problem

This is across the board really. I did Mara and ST with pretty much 4 people because one afk on one run but we finished faster than ever. 50 mins in Mara. Classes being better all around just makes things easier.
Hoping it gets harder later on but I heard LK is easy too.

This… we play it to relax. Wrath is my retirement home… :wink:

What a poor attempt at an answer. What’s the point of replying at all?

I suppose this answers that you do in fact want a mindlessly easy game. Fortunately with changes like the ilvl squish incoming, Blizzard doesn’t share your opinion, and theirs is the one that matters.

Yes dungeons tuned around certain abilities and things will be made easier after they pre patch change classes and tuning on classes. Your argument doesn’t really make much sense until you apply it to the new content that was designed with specs and abilities they way they are. ALSO, they nerfed most everything in the pre patch to make it just that, easier.

Oh man. You said the quiet part out loud.

1 Like

I really sympathize with the OP. I basically lived in dungeons during Vanilla/Classic Era and TBC.

But this is exactly what happened when OG Wrath was released (sadly, IMO). Dungeons (especially Heroic) went from strategic CC and coordination to face-roll AOE-fests in a day after Wrath came out.

I still remember my first Wrath dungeon when the DK ran in and AOE’d everything until the end, everyone just blew up everything in 20 minutes. That was par for the course for all dungeons, basically from then until present day in Retail. (Blizzard tried to make dungeons challenging again at the start of Cata but people protested and the dungeons were made easy again - and they’ve been AOE face-rolls ever since.)

My suggestion would be to reconsider returning to Classic Era and find a guild. I was pleased to discover there are still many active guilds to choose from. They were at various phases, even. Some restarting from the ground up and beginning MC and others farming Naxx. But all seemed focused on honing their craft and enjoying being in the World of Warcraft - rather than face-rolling through it, as the Zoomers and the cool kids are bent on doing today - even in Classic lol.

LOL, I know I sound old saying this. But I can’t believe I have to state the fact that this is an old, old game that hundreds of millions of people have already played. And one of the main reasons people asked for Classic to begin with was to return to WoW to enjoy it - especially after so many face-roll, soul-less Retail expacs. But now, here we are, face-rolling our way through an old game as fast as possible with 50% XP boosts and Characters boots galore. But I digress.

Anyway, you can look around (on the mega-servers, like Pagle/Makrik/etc.) and see which guilds are popular and join their Discord. (There is little activity in the LFG channel.) But with a guild, you can still do dungeons the old fashioned way. You’ll have to settle for raiding in Classic though for better or worse. Raiding used to be only one aspect to this game, contrary to popular belief. (When I played Vanilla, only the minority of players I knew actually raided). Classic Era is tragically a different place now as you probably know. But while it is sparsely populated, I was surprised to discover you can still find active guilds and Discords that compete with the same number of members as today in Classic Wrath/Progression. (I just finished researching the active guilds on Pagle). They will do dungeons with you. And during peak raid times, Stormwind was pretty busy. Best of all, the PvE is essentially the same: coordination/communication/strategy. It’s so much more interesting than the AOE face-rolls, I would agree. I hope they offer TBC again for these reasons.

My only hope for Wrath is to jump in and run like everyone else a million miles per hour through the face-roll dungeons and maybe find that the end-game raiding in Wrath (which I never did) will present some challenge like TBC did. But, maybe I’m just being naive.

1 Like

I 1000% understand what you’re saying and see the issue. The problem isn’t however that the content has changed in difficulty, which is has, but not the issue. The issue is this is a 15 year old game that has been solved. Everyone knows the min-max way of doing literally everything. From spec to rotation, from raid encounter to dungeons. Nothing is hard anymore. This is only further made worse by toons becoming more powerful as each expansion goes on. But that’s to be expected; when you were in TBC, Classic dungeons were faceroll too, just like in wrath, tbc dungeons are faceroll.

You have not only all the min-maxers but new spells and abilities, existing spells and abilities do things different now, and the addition of glyphs just made things that much more easy. That’s what happens when you have a solved 15 year old game, and a meta following community. Times have changed.