[A-RP] The <Stormwind City Watch> Wants You!

A poster on the Hero’s Call board reads as follows:

The City Watch Wants You! *

Enlist today for:

ACTION! **
ADVENTURE! **
The possibility of payment in the future!**
ADVANTAGEOUS ACCESS TO FREE COFFEE!
A POTENTIAL CHANCE TO SHOOT SOMEONE WITHOUT BEING ARRESTED! **
A SHINY UNIFORM!
THE ADMIRATION OF YOUR PEERS! **

If interested, mail your resume to an officer. Candidates must have a pulse*** and be able to prove, beyond the shadow of a reasonable doubt, that they are not a cabbage or some such.

*In the case, ‘you’ applies only to a select group of candidates who possess at least a modest amount of intelligence, can obey orders, and look absolutely dashing in blue. Exceptions may apply. The Stormwind City Watch reserves the right to (literally) boot any unwelcome candidates out of the building, and potentially into the canals.

**Not guaranteed.

***Not required.

“A good constable walks a fine line. He has to run fast enough to appear to be trying to catch a lawbreaker, but not too fast as to actually catch him.” - Dugald Taggart-Galina

Testimonials

“Look at these goobers.” --A Street Thug, seconds away from eviscerating a small puppy.

“I was thinking of committing a crime, but then I saw [A WATCHMAN] crying and I think I’ve really reconsidered my life choices.” --The Very Same Street Thug, having elected to not eviscerate the aforementioned puppy.

“Who authorized this?” – The late, King Varian Wrynn.

Recruitment Contacts & Testimonial Submission:

Xavieros
Volke
Adriéth
Jorngen

OOC Information:

• Character must be at least level 15 to be considered!
  • Technically, anyone could be accepted, but the reasoning for a Demon Hunter (for example) to sidle up to such an organization with the intention of guarding a Human city will certainly raise more than a few eyebrows, and might result in being pelted with frosted, pink-sprinkled doughnuts.
  • As a disclaimer, this guild places an emphasis on the performative and non-combat aspects of this sort of roleplay- with a particularly deep nod to Pratchett in regards to theme. For the more traditional guard experience, we would point you towards the < Stormwind City Guard > or similar organizations.
5 Likes

Was gonna join this guild, but Xavieros laid an egg in the middle of the interview.