[A-RP] **The Kindred Hearth** Recruitment

The Kindred Hearth is a small Alliance guild looking to grow on Wyrmrest Accord. We’re working adults with families and jobs who also love to roleplay in WoW when real-life permits. We started up during Battle for Azeroth with a couple of real life friends and now we’d like to expand during Shadowlands!

Our overarching goal:

To provide a relaxed, safe, and fun roleplaying environment for our members. While RP is our main focus, we also enjoy some PvE activities, like Mythic dungeons, and would love to push more into this area during Shadowlands as gear, time, and skill allow.

Who We Are:

Renan and Kaneka are our leaders. We are, at present, a very small guild with a literal handful of members throughout the world.

When We Play:

We’re a late evening guild (8pm server time or later) in terms of in-game activity (again, work and family come first for us) and we’re on Discord throughout the day as time permits. If you’re looking for people to play with in-game during the daytime, we might not be the best fit. If you’re the type of player looking for persistent, in-game, roleplay, again, we might not be the best fit.

Roleplay Environment:

Our roleplay is centered on the Rebellos estate, located in the northern Eastern Kingdom, on the shores of Lake Lordamere. Our Discord server reflects this environment and offers roleplay channels representing various areas of the estate for characters to explore and interact with. There are also channels for other areas of the world for players to share their adventures when not present in-character on the estate.

While we RP a lot on Discord, it is convenient and easily accessible for multiple participants regardless of their time zone, we also occasionally run in-game events! For example, his year we helped one of our worgen companions tame her inner beast and we investigated a troll massacre.

Any member of the guild can be the “game master” and set up an event, either in-game or in Discord. Some of our members enjoy doing a homebrew twist and roll dice to determine outcomes, others prefer more of a narrative back and forth to shape events. Whatever works best for you! We’re all here to have fun and share each other’s stories!

What to Expect in Roleplay with the Kindred Hearth:

Our roleplay tends to lean more “slice of life” and share smaller moments for our characters as opposed to large-scale adventures (e.g. military campaigns). Which isn’t to say we don’t enjoy adventure, or won’t take on the occasional villain! But, if you’re a player looking for a dedicated military-style guild, or formal ranking system where your character can advance in title, we may not be the best fit for you.

What Types of Characters are Welcome In the Kindred Hearth:

We don’t have any restrictions with regards to race or class when it comes to our roleplay. However, our style tends to lean towards cooperation and companionship as opposed to adversarial. If you’re looking to play a villain who wants to torment people, or a character always spoiling for a fight, we may not be a good fit for you. That’s not to say scoundrels, or morally grey characters are not welcome, mind you. We enjoy a good rascal or two to keep the mix lively, just not outright villainy outside of NPCs.

Rules:

As stated above, we want to create a safe, welcoming, community for our players. While it would be nice to simply say, “don’t be a jerk,” and have that understood, we find it best to spell out our expectations of members.

Racist, homophobic, transphobic, anti-semitic, islamophobic, and xenophobic remarks are not acceptable and have no place in our Discord, or guild chat. This is one of our main tenants as a guild and no exceptions will be made for those who violate this rule.

Be considerate of each other and each other’s time. While this seems common sense, it is nonetheless worth restating. We all are here to have fun. If no one is available to RP, or participate in an in-game activity (e.g. dungeons), do not take it personally. We’re all working adults, some of us have children, and other demands on our time outside of the game.

Keep IC drama IC. One of the joys of roleplay is character interaction! Some characters become great friends, form romantic attachments, or even butt heads from time to time. If you have concerns about an in-character interaction, please make an effort to talk to the player in question out-of-character. Misunderstandings happen quite easily, but they can also be resolved equally as fast.

How to Join:

We have an application website! Please have a look!

In-game, feel free to whisper Renan or Kaneka to inquire about joining, or apply via our post in the server looking for guild application! If no one is online, drop an in-game mail and Ren or Kan will respond as soon as they are able!

You will be asked to do a light IC and OOC interview. The purpose of this is just to get to know you, and your character, a bit, not to be a full-fledged interrogation. We don’t bite, promise!

Thank you for your interest in the Kindred Hearth! We hope to hear from you soon!

19 Likes

This is such a beautifully simple concept. I love it. I wish you all the best for your guild.

I’m still working on unlocking my Kul Tiran, and then begins the long level grind, but I hope to one day find myself a guild like this, when I am RP ready!

2 Likes

We would love to have you! :smile:

1 Like

Okay lets stop trying to recruit a certain “S. Windrunner” She all ready has a job!

1 Like

Morally grey dear…not physically. :wink:

3 Likes

A gentle bump! We took on Operation: Mechagon yesterday as a guild. While results were not ideal–we cleared the first three bosses, to include the wretched Trixie and Naeno–we learned a lot and had fun!

2 Likes

A long-weekend bump, for those who are fortunate enough to have one! Hope everyone is well and looking forward to chatting with folks in -game!

1 Like

Weekend bump! We knocked out two more Mechagon bosses before real-life stole folks away! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think we’re doing pretty darn good!!

I am planning to return to WoW and your guild caught my attention. Your guild is exactly what I’ve been searching for ever since I started playing WoW: a late night roleplaying guild without strict IC guidelines.

I’ll definitely look out for your group once I begin BfA.

Hello, I normally play Horde but your guild seems like a place I’d like to try if you wouldn’t mind accepting me. I could just faction change something or re-roll. I’ll check this for a response periodically. =)

Kendrick & Gronnscream

We’d love to have both of you! When you’re ready, reach out to Renan or Kaneka and they’ll help you out!

Looking forward to, hopefully, chatting with you both soon! :slight_smile:

Okay, I’m on now and went ahead and just made a druid. I’ll keep checking to see if you guys are online so we can chat further.

Weekly bump! After much effort, and more than a few deaths. we finally cleared Operation: Mechagon! Thanks to everyone involved and the time and effort they put into the runs!

1 Like

I’ve been away from the game for most of the summer, just now returning. I’m a long time MG player, but have looking at WrA for awhile as a new start. This guild sounds like just the ticket! Do you accept newly made characters?

I would be interested in joining your guild!

Hey folks!

Ludivina - Not sure if you reached out to Kaneka and Renan yet, but, if you haven’t, we do accept newly made characters!

Hope to see you, and Astyx, in-game sometime!

Time for our weekly bump! Hope everyone had a great week!

I dropped a letter in game, but I’m certainly interested in this guild.

1 Like

Weekly bump! Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends!