[A-RP] <The Dwarven Vanguard>

Drarin tigthened his grip on his warhammer as he glared across the field to the Horde forces gathered on the other side from atop a great stone hill.

“Thus 'es ‘et Vanguard! Today! We make oor ancestors an’ oor Clans proud!”

Drarin raised his hammer, a roar of battlecries poured from the ranks of Infantry behind him in a sea of mighty resistance. The large dwarven veteran clenched his jaw, furrowing thick brown brows as he scoped out the field below. Remembering coutless battles against a common foe as his brothers and sisters. From Wildhammer, Bronzebeard, and Dark Iron alike. Stood steadfast and stalwart beside him, ready to fight. Ready to die.
“Steady Vanguard! Steady! We hold 'em here!”

The grizzled Captain turned over his shoulder, gazing back to three other Dwarves behind the frontline. A dark iron wielding a giant great-hammer of flame stepped forwards, he surveyed over the battlefield. Giving a stern nod to the Captain before another dwarf, hammer with a banner in tow. Bromas Ebonram grasped Rageborn tightly in his grasp as he strode forwards past Drarin, taking the frontline with the rest of the Vanguard. A dour gaze and a teeth clenched jaw as he glared down the Horde forces.

Odron Twinhammer rose the banner of the golden hammer high, so that the colours of the Dwarven Vanguard could be seen by all. Drarin let out a loud roar as he stepped forwards, the two Generals on either side of him as they took their place on the frontline. He beat a broad palted fist against his chest, much like dwarven heroes of old. “Vanguard! Vanguard!”
The other shield-siblings crying out, raising their weapons together as they bellowed into the skies.

“Vanguard! Vanguard!”

From over the peak emerged a glowing light, as a dwarven silhouette emerged. Wielding his warhammer in fashion with the others, Foghas Lightbeard strode up behind the lines… to take his place amongst his Kin. Much like the dwarven warriors of old, countless generations ago. He raised his hammer to the sky, light radiating from it as he bellowed out.

“Stone and foe beneath our heel,”
The other Vanguard raising to chant!
“We of Khaz with heart of steel,”
“Cold of heart we core the fray!”
“By name of beard and blood, we’ll slay!”
“For each you take, you’ll dearly pay!”

The Vanguard, all of it’s members in unison… raised their weapons and cried out.

“Each must die-- and you today!”

In-game guild name: The Dwarven Vanguard
Guild website: Dwarvenvanguard/./com
GM: Foghas
Co-GM(s): Bromas & Odron

The Dwarven Vanguard is the longest standing and active Heavy Roleplaying all Dwarven guild on Moonguard. We are seeking all able-bodied Kin to join us in service to the realms of Khaz Modan. For over eight years The Dwarven Vanguard has brought quality RP to the Dwarven community of Moon Guard, as the successor guild to the historic and decorated . Shield-siblings of the many generations past have fought, bled, and even died in almost every server-wide campaign since the guild’s founding back in Cataclysm. Once more, The Vanguard opens it’s doors to a new generation of dwarven heroes. So that the security and integrity of Khaz Modan may remain in peace and prosperity.

What is the Dwarven Vanguard?
The Dwarven Vanguard is the elite military branch of Khaz Modan and serves the Council of Three Hammers without question. We do not only defend Ironforge and the entire realm of Khaz Modan, we bring the fight to the enemy wherever they may be found. We lead the charge and bring the might of the Alliance to bear on any who defy us.

How to join:
There are only a few quick and easy steps to follow to join:

• Register on our forums (IMPORTANT: Sign up as your character’s IC or in-game name)
(Our website is currently down at the moment! Edits will occur once it is back up!)

• Read up on our Rules and Policies to learn the Do’s and Don’ts.
(See above!)

• Post a short introduction of yourself and your character on the forums.

• Whisper an officer in-game and ask about joining, then complete an IC interview with an officer!

Requirements:
• Must be at least level 20
• Must register on our website and fill in an IC/OOC background of your character (Full name, Clan, reasons for joining etc.)
• After background on character is done an officer will message you in-game where you’ll set up an IC interview and join the Vanguard!

Key things to remember:

1. RP can be created easily, don’t wait for others, make your own!
  2. Maintain our standards of RP especially in public channels
  3. Check the Calendar, always be aware of new events and respond!
  4. You represent the guild, don’t sully our name and bring down our reputation

What kind of events do you hold?
The Vanguard holds a variety of events, most commonly: D20, RP-PvP & Simple RP Events. You can read in detail about our specific D20 rules here:
(Site under maintnance!)

D20 Events:
Like your traditional table top RPGs, D20 events use a roll-based system for combat and other actions that players and NPCs use alike to interact with one another. This is one of the most common type of events we hold.

RP-PVP:
These are events held against the opposing faction – whoever is involved with our campaign at the time being.

Usually it starts out with some role play, either within our ranks or with the enemy guild(s). We then break into battle. Typically, we hold numerous rounds and whoever wins the most rounds is the victor. During the rounds, it’s a wipe-out style skirmish against the opposing team.

Simple RP Events:
These are anything from bar nights, summits, meetings, weekly training, holiday gatherings, recruitment drives & workshops – you get the idea.

When are events?
We have multiple events that happen weekly – Trainings, summits and other campaign RP events or Side-Story RP events. Many events are created by fellow guildmates and not just officers!

Guild Uniforms
(Site is down at the moment!)

As a military order, we expect all members to be in the provided uniforms for official guild RP events. You are free to wear whatever you wish while off duty, but while representing the Vanguard at events we ask that you proudly wear the red and gold!

Ranks:
Recruit
Dragoon
Warbrand
Ironguard
Mountain Guard
Lieutenant
Captain
General
Thane

Guild Structure
Our members are split into divisions based on either class/spec choices or RP decisions. The divisions exist to provide flavor and possibly benefits in d20 events! Every division is overseen by a Captain and a Lieutenant.

Infantry:
Dwarves are renowned for their sturdiness and surprising strength. A well trained Dwarven warrior is easily a match for a creature several times its size. Combining equipment of unparalleled quality with stiff discipline and unmatched skill, the Infantry of The Dwarven Vanguard are as unshakeable as the stone halls they hail from.

Medical:
Amongst the Vanguard are some of Khaz Modan’s finest paladins, priests, monks and shaman. With years of experience in healing and tending to those on the battlefield, there are simply no substitute for these vigorously trained and seasoned battle-medics.

Mountaineers:
The sturdy trappers, riflemen, hill shaman, scouts, and other frontiersmen of Ironforge have long made up the ranks of the famed Mountaineers. Now the Vanguard calls upon them, as well as the fierce warriors of the Wildhammer Clans and the spies of the Dark Iron Empire to make up the ranks of its own Mountaineer division.

Sorcerers:
The enigmatic Dwarven Magi have long studied in their sanctums deep beneath the earth. As powerful as they are secretive, the sorcerers of Ironforge and Shadowforge have lent their potent magic to the Vanguard and stand ready to unleash flame, frost, and shadow upon the enemies of Dwarf-Kind.

Mountain Guard:
Named in honor of our historic predecessor, this dwarven force is comprised of beard (or braid), muscle and above all: unwavering resolve on the battlefield, even in the face of insurmountable odds. These are the most renowned fighters The Dwarven Vanguard has to offer, showing extreme loyalty and strength. Mountain Guards are the most honoured warriors within The Dwarven Vanguard and the few warriors who attain this rank have donned custom enchanted equipment to better terrorize the enemies of Dwarf-kind.

9 Likes

I joined the Vanguard with my first real alliance character and I am so glad that I did. These guys are the pros: they know everything there is to know about real Dwarf RP. They helped me complete my backstory and flesh out my character.

I fought alongside my shield-brothers and shield-sisters in Hillsbrad and now again in Blackrock Mountain. The sense of family is palpable and the kinship is strong. Beyond that, the Vanguard is a respectable guild which has led to me forging many connections with others on the server. In a matter of weeks I’ve made more friends than I have in years on other servers.

I am proud to be a member of the Dwarven Vanguard. Join and see why.

For Thane and Mountain!

Thaugrim Anvilrage, medical division

6 Likes

I’m so very happy to see this forum post! Glad our brethren in the Vanguard have returned! supports you all! For Khaz Modan!

5 Likes

I joined the Vanguard well over 6 years ago. It is a group of amazing people and great RP. Who are extremely welcoming to Roleplayers both new and old!

3 Likes

As some who has been alongside, and fought against, the Dwarven Vanguard is one of the best groups anyone could join, newbie or veteran.

Over the 6? 7? years I’ve known them, I’ve never been disappointed in a campaign amongst the guild, or in clashing against them in RP-PVP

Just remember, you do have the right to ale rations during deployment to Alliance fronts.

3 Likes

Greetings Dwarven folk of ironforge I am wondering is the skilled exclusively dwarves or are gnomes allowed to join as they are allies of ironforge

In the first paragraph of ooc information it does state they are an all Dwarven guild. They’ve always been that way to my knowledge.

The guild Heart of the Mountain accepts both dwarf and gnome. I’ve not seen them around in great numbers for a while but that’s probably due to my own odd hours and limited play time.

Didn’t mean to derail. For Khaz Modan!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4 Likes

I’ve been playing WoW since vanilla and The Dwarven Vanguard is by far my favorite guild.

I’ve been a part of the Vanguard for just over a year and I’m proud to be part of one of the best communities in Moon Guard - one that extends beyond the Vanguard itself to include the other guilds, Horde and Alliance, that the Vanguard officers have worked to form partnerships and cross-RP events with.

For the Highlands! For Khaz Modan!

1 Like

For Khaz Modan!

1 Like

Are uniforms a thing? Or are we allowed to wear our own gear? Asking because I dont wear chest armor

For Khaz Modan, brothers n’ sisters!

Uniforms are indeed a thing! yes. Mad respect for wearing no chest armor, honestly. If I could I would too.

1 Like

These guys are awesome!

They’re currently kicking keester with us in Uldum.

1 Like

Cool people, interesting characters, and engaging to RP with!

Some of the best Dwarf RPers I’ve seen!

1 Like

Good RPers, be they the crispy dwarves or burnt dwarves.

Fer Khaz Modan!

2 Likes

Good DWARVES!! Great FRIENDS!!

2 Likes

Great friends! Me love Vanguard! <3

1 Like

I’ve made some amazing friends through this guild. Plain and simple. Just good people here.

Good people, good roleplay.

1 Like

Odron is my favorite dwarf!