[A/RP] <The Court of Lions> Recruitment

We've had a number of Roleplay storylines going on recently, and a few more that are in the works to get started soon. From family, to rescues, and attempted assassinations, with more to come.

If a guildie has an idea for a new storyline or idea for Roleplay, we are always interested in bringing it to life. And if you're not sure where to start, we're here to bounce ideas off each other and help each other out.

In other news, we hit Antorus tonight on Normal. We have been aiming for the first three bosses: Worldbreaker, Felhounds & Eonar, and then aim for at least a few attempts at Portal Keeper. We have the first 3 pretty well on farm, pending a slip up which does happen from time to time.

Tonight we hit a new first: we were able to down 4 bosses on our first night.
The Court of Lions has had a pretty wonderful few days.

Introducing Kastiell & Miadarrah as our newest guild officers!

Along with new officers, we have a handful of Roleplay storylines currently ongoing in game AND! Tonight we managed to finally check off the Tomb of Sargeras Guild Run Achievement!
Congrats, guys!
Just to say that tonight we ran Antorus and managed not only High Command, but then went on to one shot Imonar. The Lions are now 6/11 in Antorus.

EN N,H 7/7, ToV N/H 3/3, NH N 10/10, ToS N 9/9
Antorus N 6/11

After our Saturday night guild run, we again did a full clear with an allied guild off realm. Getting people their ilvls up and experience with the fight, all while having a relaxed attitude.
During non-progression weeks we've started doing achievement runs. We have chipped away quite a few so far toward Glory of the Legion Raider achievement, which awards the Grove Defiler mount. Since we've been running for achievements, we're going to hold off on our Monday night "In B4 Reset" raid nights.

Here's the raid schedule we're tentatively trying out:

Wednesday 6:00 - 8:30 PM
Progression I

Friday 7:30 - 10:00 PM
Progression II / Achievement Runs

Saturday 9:00ish PM - Done
Antorus Clear

Since our main raiding core has gotten decently geared and prepared, during our Friday night progression raids we'll be at least attempting Heroic to see how far we get.

During Friday night progression (especially) we'll be putting a hard limit on the ilvl requirement and preparedness. Mains or well-geared alts only, 920+ requirement, Discord necessary.
Wednesday today which means we have Part I of our Antorus Progression run starting at 6 PM (EST). Then on Friday we will have Part II starting at 7:30 PM, stepping in on Heroic before we continue on Normal.

Tomorrow (Thursday) we have the RP Pub Eventin Broken Isles Dalaran at Hero's Welcome starting at 8 PM. Hosted by <Templars of the Rose> for some casual Roleplay and a good number of the Earthen Ring RP community usually attends.

Sunday we are hosting the RP Event Evening Vespers Prayer & Hymn service. Led by High Priestess Dione Ebonlocke at the gazebo behind Stormwind Cathedral starting at 6 PM. This RP event is also open to the general Earthen Ring Roleplay community and has begun drawing more people in of late.

And always, we are recruiting any and all Roleplayers. From the brand new to the experienced, if you have an interest in Roleplay we have an interest in you! Feel free to find myself or any of our members in game for more information or joining our ranks.
Another fun week coming up in the Court of Lions!

We've got the Brawl pub on Thursday, an RP event focused around Bizmo's Brawlpub in the Deeprun Tram area.

Saturday will also be one of our Glory of the Legion Raider runs, focusing on the Nighthold this time. We've been making good progress on the meta, being around about three-quarters of the way done at this time, though we're happy to go back and fill in achievements that people may have missed out on.

We've also started doing weekly Kharazan speed runs for the Ember Wyrm mount with the aim of getting it for any and all guild members who want it!

So, if you're looking for a guild, have an interest in RP and would also like to be a part of a fun, relaxed environment for PvE content, please feel free to contact any of our officers to let us know.
We are still and always recruiting, looking for Roleplayers of any skill or level.

This week Wednesday we are hosting our 9th Annual Grand Anniversary Ball, to celebrate the founding of this guild on May 16, 2009! Full details are in a separate thread, but can also be found on our guild homepage:
https://thecourtoflions.enjin.com/

We have some longer-running storylines in the works, and plenty of ways for every member who chooses to get involved.

Monday evening we are holding our Littles Night, stomping through low level dungeons as a guild group. Come out to get your xp, have fun in Discord, and gain a few levels! This night has been quite a hit lately, especially with unlocked allied races - lots of people with alts!

We may still end up in an old tier raid to work on quests and tmog, EN, ToV, NH, ToS, generally the raid people have been asking for the most. We also with some regularity open this raid night to PUGs, so if you happen to see us in an old raid and wish to join, just send a whisper to whomever! We love new people.

Feel free to find myself in game, or /who The Court of Lions for more info or to get an invite.
Thank you to everyone who made it out to our 9th Anniversary Ball!

We had a wonderful turnout with many friends and allies in attendance to celebrate our 9th anniversary. So much has changed throughout the years, and it was wonderful to kick back and celebrate and reminisce with so many.

We're definitely heading into (or already comfortably in) the slow period for the end of the expansion. This portion of the xpac has historically been a lull for us, but we do have some exciting Storyline RP underway. A good portion of this will be spontaneous events, but expect to see some scheduled events in the days ahead.

Whether you're new to Roleplay or you're experienced, The Court of Lions has a place for you, and you are always welcome to attend any of our RP events - regardless of skill or level.

Find myself in game, send mail, or /who The Court of Lions to get in touch with any of our members for more information or to join our ranks.
This thread is entirely too positive. I am driven to redeem it for the sake of everyone's souls.

You may say to yourself that the Earthen Ring server is dead. Why should I bother joining a guild when I can comfortably curl up in a ball and mewl to myself (or in trade chat most likely) instead:

>You are correct! After many years of systematic questioning under the guidance of the Order of Light, all miscreants, deviants, heretics, persons named Phil, and overbearing vegans have been... pruned... from the population. Unfortunately, this means that all that is left now are three gold farming bots, a few tricksy GMs, myself, and you. So rejoice! You are special of enough to have been missed by the purges until now and should join a group to celebrate; not to make it easier for me to find you. No, not that.

You may say to yourself that RP is silly, demeans your masculinity/femininity/anticlimacticality/other-ility and leads to gateway drugs and Zamfir in the park.

>You are correct! The Light frowns upon persons who pretend to be other than they are simply for creating a joyful experience for them and others. Life should be a grey drudgery only broken up by hymns and dixie-slaw eating contests. The Order of Light approves of your view and recommends you join a RP guild in order to infiltrate and mimic them, and only then slowly influence their actions back to true path of pvp WAAC 111!!!1337. This of course may take a number of years - patience is a virtue.

You may say to yourself you are a gnome...

>It is a sadness that the Light loves you half as much as a human (hence your short stature). Unfortunately there is no cure for you. Buzz off shorty!

LUX VULT!
We have steadily been working at Glory of the Legion Raider achievements, and 3 people so far have gotten their Grove Defiler mount! This past weekend we were able to check off two achievements we had issue with before: Grand Opening & I've Got My Eyes On You.

Along with our Glory of the Legion Raider achievement runs, we have also been working at Glory of the Legion Hero. A good handful of people are only waiting for Festerface in Violet Hold to check off I Made a Food! And once he's around for the week, I imagine we will be doing a good handful of runs simply to get people this achieve.

Most of our guild mates who wanted the Smoldering Ember Wyrm from the Return to Karazhan speed run have gotten it, but I know there are still a couple who do not have it yet. We'll be getting an awesome screenie with everyone on their mount before too long.

And of course, we still have some wonderful Roleplay opportunity incoming as well! Plus the bi-weekly community Brawl Pub & Tavern Night Roleplay events!
This month on the 22nd we will be getting together to celebrate Summer in style with a Roleplay event, with fun and prizes to boot.

There's always something going on in The Court of Lions, and all of our members are encouraged to attend - regardless of time in guild or level or ilvl or general experience!
We are still & always recruiting! Seeking Roleplayers of any skill or level to join our ranks, from the very beginner to experienced. We currently have a couple of storyline RP plots underway, and and more in the works.

We're at the end of Legion and BfA is not too far into the future, which means at this point we are winding down our PvE. Currently we are jumping more into Roleplay and sticking to casual fun-runs for PvE and dungeons.

There is also opportunity to get involved in our next big Roleplay, our long-running guild lore storyline!

Find any of us in game by doing /who The Court of Lions, or send myself Barbro an in-game mail if you don't see me currently logged in.
Hey! I may not join the guild, but anytime you need to fill a spot somewhere for something, or are doing rp events let me know! You can find me on any toon in the guild as it's just me. Glad to see such activity on the server though!
We're happy to pug a couple people when we do raid nights, or if we have space in Mythics. A lot of our Roleplay plots and storylines are guild-centric, and we welcome allies. The best way to stay updated with any RP or PvE would be to to join our discord channel. Earthen Ring is still a small realm, but there is a good community that exists and is pretty active. It's a nice place to be, and I look forward to RPing or melting faces in game together!

Whisper me in game for our Discord info if you would like to be one of our allies for RP or PvE. We will be into Battle for Azeroth before we know it, and we are already talking about raiding and schedules. We'll be focusing on guild dungeons and achievement or fun runs starting out and then progress, which we did for Legion.

During the last few weeks before BfA drops, The Court of Lions will be focusing on our last push for Antorus on Heroic. We are still running Mythic dungeons for the Glory of the Legion Hero achievement, and several people have gotten their Leyfeather Hippogryph. Several others have gotten their Grove Defiler from the Glory of the Legion Raider meta, and we have gotten nearly everyone in guild their Smoldering Ember Wyrm.

Find myself or any one of our officers or members by doing /who The Court of Lions for more info on joining our active and growing Roleplay guild, or to ask about becoming one of our allies.
I've updated our main post in the past couple of days. We're getting closer and closer to BfA release, and we are still & always recruiting!

We have been discussing a raid schedule going into BfA as well, and it seems Friday & Saturday evenings are the most popular options. We've been trying out Friday 8 PM & Saturday 7 PM for a couple of weeks, but is definitely subject to change.
BfA has been out for a little bit now and while we now have a good handful of people already at level 120 (and many others on the way!), our very first member to make it to max level received a special prize.

During Legion we pushed hard to complete our weekly dungeon and keystone and raid challenges, often dropping over 6000 gold into our gbank weekly. After most of an expansion doing this nearly every week, along with the guildies who drop gold into the bank periodically, we had a nice surplus.

Thanks to every and every dedicated member that ran one or hundreds of dungeons, countless keystones, and killed one or all of the raid bosses. Each challenge adds up, and with our guild bank sitting nicely our leadership decided to give back. Every little bit helps, and with the help of our guildies and allies to run all of our guild dungeons and groups, we were able to give away a very nice prize...

Congratulations to Rameartog!
Our FIRST max level 120 and WINNER of a Warforged Nightmare from the store!
Raidage opens a week from today on September 4th, and The Court of Lions plans to step in ASAP. We had a slow start during Legion, but we finished strong and were able to complete all raids up to 6/11 in Antorus, with Heroic EN & ToV achievements as well.

HUGE thanks to Akyliia / Kastiell who was not only ready but more than willing to step up as Raid Lead & Main Tank during Legion with their super cool and chillaxed leading style. We are happy to announce that Akyliia will once again be leading The Court of Lions into battle to raid Uldir and beyond.

We have already started to gain interest in raiding, and have compiled a good list of interested raiders. Our core team from Legion meshed wonderfully together, with the majority looking forward to stomping raid bosses again in BfA.

As with Legion, during this expansion we will once again welcome guild allies to join us in our PvE pursuits. Dungeon running, Mythics, Keystones, and of course raiding.

Our main goal with PvE and raiding is to HAVE FUN! We're not hardcore raiders, will not be going after cutting-edge or ahead of the curves, will not be aiming for Heroic and especially not Mythic.
Are we going to die? Probably a lot, yeah. Will we make silly mistakes (over and over...)? More than likely yes. Will we call out slightly lower dps/heals or point you out for making a mistake? Certainly not. Will we try our best, help our raid team to gear and prepare for success, AND have fun while doing it? Absolutely YES!

To sign up for raiding/PvE as a guild ally, or to join our ranks as a raiding member, visit our website to sign up or speak with myself or get in touch with any of our officers. We'd love to have you along for the fun.
https://thecourtoflions.enjin.com/
The Court of Lions peeked our heads into Uldir tonight with a team of 14. Even with a handful of our members well below the required ilvl, we still managed to comfortably bring the first boss down to 20%.

We'll be banging out some Mythics in hopes of raising ilvls a bit before tomorrow night's raid, as this first boss feels within reach. I'll have my banner ready for an awesome screenie on our guild webpage should that happen tomorrow.

We're also going to be starting up a guild storyline RP in a day or so, which always adds a bit of excitement, with much of the events already set in motion.
Our guild storyline RP has started!!! It began with a murder most foul, right within the walls of Stormwind City - and so far all clues point to 2 of our very own Lions! Nothing is as it seems. Did they really murder this poor Gnome in cold blood? Or is there perhaps another explanation...

Some of our brand new Roleplayers aren't comfortable jumping right in to a RP plot, and that is fine! I always advise our newcomers who are still getting their feet wet that they are always welcome to attend and observe, but always feel free to jump right in whenever they are ready. Even when we get to RP battles and taking turns, I always leave a "turn" for those who want to observe - and more often than not we have another participant after a round or two. Do things at your own pace and when you're comfortable. We'll be here.

AND! Last night The Court of Lions hit Uldir for our 2nd attempt. Our first attempt we managed to get Taloc down to 20%, even with a good amount of people well under the gear requirement. Last night, it took us a couple of tries, but we did it!
Our first kill on Taloc we managed without a single person in our raid dying! A very nice, clean, easy kill. We had a look at the mechanics of Mother before calling it a night.
Screenie is up on our guild frontpage with our team that killed Taloc! Great job, team!!!
Our latest Roleplay storyline is on-going. Murders, disappearing acts, all rife with foul magics. This RP is starting to get good, and we welcome every guildie regardless of RP experience to join in on the fun!

We have also started with our Beginner RP class. We went over some basic terms that we feel every RPer should have a grasp of, along with some of the no-no's and why we avoid them. With our Guild RP Storyline in the works, it'll be a great time to practice some RP battle as well. Our basic, hands-on RP Battle Class will be held next time.

Last night The Court of Lions hit Uldir, and we were able to 1 shot the first 3 bosses! Taloc, MOTHER, and then our first kill on Fetid Devourer! Screenie is up on our guild page of this proud moment. We had a look at Vectis last night, and that is where we will pick up again for raid night Tonight.

If you are interested in joining The Court of Lions, or getting in on the RP or PvE fun as a guild ally, sign up on our guild website or contact any of our members for more info. You can also send in-game mail to myself GM Barbro.