[A-RP] <The Court of Lions> Recruitment Thread

TODAY IS THE DAY!

Expac drops around 6PM realm time for us. HYPE HYPE HYPE! It’s a big day for peeps in Warcraft, but we are still and always recruiting. Looking for Roleplayers interested in a chill, laid back social Roleplay guild. Brand new, playing since launch, never tried RP etc we have room for you!

Our guild has long held the idea that you can Roleplay at any level and anywhere. My guild is a friendly and welcoming place, members who are kind and caring and glad to lend a hand, and Noooo drama llamas welcomed.

To join find us in game by doing /who the court of lions or try /who barb as I have quite a few Barb-named alts. You can also put in an app through the in-game guild finder by searching for RP guilds.

We look forward to seeing you in game!

We’re almost 2 weeks into Shadowlands and we have a good number of guildies already level 60. We also have a good handful trying hard to make ilvl to start raiding, or have already surpassed and are running Heroics and Mythics. We also have a pretty comfortable looking raid roster, but of course there is always room for more.

Looking for:
Backup tank
Healer/Off Heals
Melee DPS
DPS in general

With so many people still actively playing new content, there has not been much Roleplay aside from the regular weekly Thursday tavern nights. We have an In-Character RP Guild meeting coming up on the 13th. We all amass at our HQ for news, information, announcements, events planning, and of course Promotions!

Whether you’re new to the game or to Roleplay or PvE, The Court of Lions is a fun and welcoming environment. We all mess up, we all have to start somewhere, but it’s nice to have some friends to help along the way. Mostly PG guildchat, casual and chill PvE, Light progression, plus Discord.

Find us in game if you are interested in joining! We’re under Roleplay in the in-game guildfinder if you would like to submit an application.

Good luck and have fun!

The Court of Lions is still actively recruiting members. We’re a social Roleplay guild that likes to keep things fun and light-hearted in game, along with a bit of endgame PvE like Mythics+ and Light Progression raiding.

Currently & specifically we are looking for another healer or 2 to join our ranks for raiding and general PvE and awesomeness. We are looking at beginning raiding Castle Nathria after the New Year and Holidays. Most of our PvE members have already gotten their ilvl where it needs to be, or beyond.

For RP right now we are holding a Fishing Contest in game. A point each for Iridescent Amberjack, Pocked Bonefish, and Elysian Thade. The winner gets 50,000 Gold in game and a mount of their choosing. There is more info plus rules in our Discord and on our guild Facebook.

Currently the Thursday evening Tavern Nights hosted by our allies at Templars of the Rose is on hold until after the New Year, but that is usually at 8:00 PM Realm Time (EST). Do /join courtoftherose in game to find out the happenings.

Everyone have a wonderful holiday season and a SAFE, happy & prosperous New Year!

The Court of Lions still and always seeks more to join our ranks. We’re a social Roleplay guild, mostly mature, chill PvE, and light progression.

This week The Court of Lions stepped into Castle Nathria raid for the first time. We got Shriekwing down to 24% after a few attempts. Mind you we were down a healer to start! We’re planning to down him next week and then hit Huntsman Altimor.

PvE team seeking:
backup off tank
Healer and Off heals
DPS of any kind
Roleplayers and new friends!

Tavern Night roleplay has started again as well, on Thursdays at 8:00 PM EST (realm time). It’s hosted by our good friends & allies at Templars of the Rose, led by the wonderful Arialynn.
do /join CourtoftheRose in game to find out where the RP is at.

We’re also trying to get the Earthen Ring Roleplay Alliance up and running in-game through the Guild & Communities feature. We’re hoping to bring together Roleplayers near and far to join us on Earthen Ring. If you’re a Roleplayer, join us!

I hope everyone playing has been enjoying the new expac. Hope to see you and RP in game with you!

1 Like

I meant to drop the Earthen Ring Roleplay Alliance community link:
https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/9bVpPVzFa9n?region=US&faction=Alliance

/bump

Amazing people, happy to be server neighbors. Check them out!

1 Like

We love our Templar friends! I believe our Tavern Night Roleplay event on Thursdays at 8:00 PM EST (Realm Time) hosted by Templars of the Rose has begun again. To get the current happenings, do /join CourtoftheRose in game to join our RPers chat.

In current news, today we announce the winner of our month-long gathering contest our guild held for February. The winner has the choice of several mounts, most rare is the Terrified Pack Mule. We regularly hold contests and giveaways like this. Plus it helps to buff up our guild bank with flasks/potions/feasts/etc for raid night.

This last week Tuesday for our raid night The Court of Lions managed to 1-shot the first 3 bosses of Castle Nathria, and put a good dent on Lady Inerva Darkvein for our 1st look. It might sometimes take us a good handful of tries on a boss fight, but once we have it, we have it down!

We could still use another healer or two, and a backup Off Tank plus any DPS ranged/melee.

And as always, we are still and always recruiting new Roleplayers to our ranks. From the total beginner just beginning to learn, to the RP vets that have been RPing longer than some of us have been alive! We have a bit of everyone within our guild, and that just adds to the wonderfulness.

1 Like

Been a minute since update, there’s a lot of people taking a break until 9.1 so things are a little quiet in-game. We are still raiding though! Currently we’re 9/10 in Normal Castle Nathria, and we were so close last week!

We are always open to new guildies, and even guild allies to join us whenever we raid, or PvE, or PvP, or RP, or anything/everything we do.

Raid-wise we could use another healer, a backup off tank, and any DPS.
We are light progression, as in we are doing progression but pretty casually.

For the first time in a while, maybe ever, The Court of Lions cleared a current raid before the next tier comes out! Woot we killed Sire, and then went on to kill the first two bosses on Heroic before taking a break for next patch.

Patch 9.1 comes out on the 29th, just 5 more days! We’ll be seeing more and more people and guildies return for patch day, and then we will likely pick up Dungeons and Raid nights again. We are super chill when it comes to PvE, we don’t yell or call out or stare at DPS meters. We mess up too.

We have our next gathering contest soon to be announced, which will end on July 25th, our Roleplay Summer Picnic to celebrate our 12th year anniversary! The winner of the gathering contest can choose from 12 different mounts! 12 mounts for 12 years!

For our 12th annual party, we’ll have mounts, pets, gold, and a store item for giveaway! We try and do this every year, and then finish off with a spectacular fireworks display! For more info, or to join, whisper me on any of my Barb- characters, or you can send mail right to Barbro on Earthen Ring. Any of our members can put you in touch with an officer for an invite too!

Good luck and have fun! I hope to see you and RP with you soon!

So patch has been out for a few weeks now and a lot of people have gotten their flying. Finally we can fly! And mount in the Maw!

Right now as far as raiding goes, things have been quiet for PvE so for now we are just doing Mythic dungeons and Keystones. I expect to begin raiding again once the final wing of Sanctum of Domination opens up in LFR. This gives everyone to experience the fights and learn some mechanics if they choose. This also gives us ample time to work on gearing people up. Looking at ilvl 215 to raid this round.

Raiding Needs:
backup OT
1-2 Healers
Any DPS

And now to address the elephant in the room: the recent news of the lawsuit filed against Acivision Blizzard vs State of California. The charges are damning, and it has left many players wondering where they stand. Many have quit the game entirely, or taken part of in-game sit-ins, or mass log-outs. Some people have continued on as if nothing has happened. All of these are okay, but as a guild we support the women in the lawsuit, and hope to see heads roll and big changes made before long. We also respect each other’s decisions whether to stay or go, to take part in in-game protests, or protest another way. So things have been quiet, adding this on top of an already lackluster expansion.

We will be here, I will be here. I plan to stay in the game, to support the women who still continue to work at Blizzard, and their former female employees. I am also glad that it has raised this topic of conversation, as likely every single woman has experienced this to some degree.
Sexism and other -isms are not welcome in my guild. Our guildies are accepting, friendly, helpful, and to ALL guildies. That’s my 2 cents.

If you’re interested in joining, find Barbro or -barb toons in game or send mail directly to Barbro. You may also apply thru the in-game guild finder, or just whisper a member and someone will toss you an invite!

Hello. Checked here and your site but couldn’t find what days/times your raids are. I’m sure I missed but plz post.

Hello there! We raid on Tuesdays from 730-10, but currently we are not raiding (yet!). We are hoping to get back into it once the final wing has opened up in LFR to give everyone a chance to see the fights.

Just an update to let everyone know we are still here and have started actively recruiting on Moon Guard! We’re implementing a cross-realm guild chat for our guilds on Earthen Ring, Moon Guard, and eventually Wyrmrest Accord.

We had our monthly In Character guild meeting last night at our HQ Westbrook Garrison in Elwynn Forest, and we discussed the state of our guild and the state of the game. Guildies are excited to potentially be “pulled in” for RP on actually populated realms.

A reminder that we have a BIG Hallow’s End Masquerade party in Duskwood on the 23rd of October. Originally it was supposed to just be our guild, and then it grew to include everyone from the realm Earthen Ring, and now we have our guild on Moon Guard and will be inviting everyone here as well!

There will be tricks and treats, costume contest, rune reading, scary stories, haunted riddles, mind reading, games, and of course PRIZES! Keep your eyes peeled for our Hallow’s End bash! It’s going to be a great time and nobody will go home empty handed!

Hallow’s End has come and now gone. Our Masquerade event in Darkshire this year went great, and we had a big turnout from players on Moon Guard. Sadly I don’t think there were any ER players outside the guild. We did trick or treating and telling scary jokes, scary riddles, and reading runes and minds. It was a fun event, and we’re hoping next year is even BIGGER!

I won’t lie, it has been incredibly hard to recruit new and returning players to the guild on Earthen Ring, being that it’s a dead dead realm that’s only dying. Somehow our numbers stay relatively the same and seem to be growing if only a tiny bit at a time. Personally I have mostly been on Moon Guard on my warrior Barbro, and have been relying on a cross-realm guild chat using the groups & communities feature. So far it has worked out great to pull guildies in for RP and events and to keep touch with our OG guild here on Earthen Ring.

In short, The Court of Lions remains on Earthen Ring, and even flourishes now on Moon Guard. We do Guild PvE on Tuesdays, a Recruitment event followed by Tavern Night on Thursdays, and then most of our Guild Roleplay and Storylines on Friday or Sunday evenings. We are currently in the midst of a plot, which is only just beginning to unfold. At this point, anything could happen!

Cross-replying with the response I put in the Guild Recruitment forum post:

Hey hey! I am a member on Bloodsail in Classic (though wasn’t super active), just coming back to blue side and looking for an RP guild. Are you all mostly still on Earthen Ring, or are you transferring to MG?

Hello there!

Our guild on Earthen Ring still remains and is still relatively active for it being such a dead dead realm. I personally have been focusing on our Moon Guard branch as that seems the most promising.

Just catch one of us online, or you can always find us in the in-game Guild Finder and get an invite either way!

1 Like

After plenty of thought and consideration and consulting with my Co Leads, we have made the decision to transfer off Earthen Ring and go to Moon Guard.

In the meantime, I will be changing the current guild on Moon Guard to our Guild Bank. Many people have already made the move, and if you’re at all considering it, currently transfers are $17.50, until the 3rd maybe.

In any note, we are still here. For now.

When we move to Moon Guard, expect to find the same Barbro and The Court of Lions.