[A-RP] The Black Rams are recruiting!

Greetings Buccaneers! I’m a newcomer to the server looking to start up a fresh dwarf only guild in the form of the The Black Rams, a mercenary crew run by your truly, Bjornan Broadhearth. In hopes of creating a solid core, and more realistic style mercenary band, it’s my plan to keep the guild on the smaller side of things, being between 15 and 30 players. This ensures everyone is in some form of the spotlight, and we’re still able to accomplish every activity within the game, whilst having a few extra bodies for unexpected occurrences! Before we dig into the nitty-gritty, the only request I want to ensure is known (beyond obviously being a dwarf) is that every member will be required to have installed either TRP or MRP to ensure they signify the RP nature of the guild!

So, let’s break it down a little… What are The Black Rams expecting to offer it’s members?

First and foremost, obviously, is RP! It is my ideal to keep roleplay at the core of everything the guild provides or attends. The beauty of a mercenary company is it’s simplicity in needing a reason to be anywhere or do anything. Raids, PvP, professions… All forms of game content will be considered to some degree as an in character activity!

Secondly, it is my hope to form a 10 or 25 man raid team within the guild for active, and past, content! It’s been done since the beginning of Classic on other realms, and I believe we should continue the tradition of a solid dwarven team banding together in the face of adversity to strike down the heart of our foes!

Thirdly, while we are a mercenary band, The Black Rams are proud sons and daughters of Khaz Modan, and as such we are staunch members of the Alliance. We’ll provide events of the RP-PvP variety as we raid Horde settlements by performing traditional hit and run tactics. This can also extend to premade RP battlegrounds, and of course RPing in the warzone of Wintergrasp!

And lastly, I’m hoping to offer a friendly and welcoming community that brings an extra layer of the life to the server of Bloodsail, accomplished by ensuring what we do is steeped in dwarven flair and tradition. Members will be introduced to the guild through a series of small RP events, called “The Rites of Determination” to ensure they’re automatically included and feel like part of the family.

And that, I believe, sums up the majority of information that most of you would be curious about! The guild is currently in charter form and requiring signatures! If interested in joining, or for further questions and details… Please feel free to reach out in-game via whisper or mail to Bjornan, or DM directly through Discord at Kannash#4369! Thanks for taking the time to read this through, and we’ll see you in the world of Azeroth!

FOR KHAZ MODAN!

3 Likes

You say nothing of booze. It may benefit your recruitment efforts considering you’re looking for Dwarves. I know that offering a stack of Capt. Rumsey’s Lager will get my guildy to do all sorts of things. His ability to do those things can be questionable after the stack of drink, but he tries.

Best of luck in your endeavor and welcome to BSB!

5 Likes

Ah, you’re correct, it must of slipped my mind since it is second nature for us dwarves to keep ale on hand. Fret not, for the Black Rams will ensure that beer flows freely, pipes kept packed for smoke, and we’re always willing to roll the bones with our fellows!

2 Likes

Sounds great! Let me cook up a good name, figure out my class and I’ll join you!

3 Likes

Sounds good to me, and it’s excellent timing because we just formed up this evening officially! Thanks to all those who signed, can’t wait to get into the thick of things!

3 Likes

Sweet! Any class overly covered so far?

1 Like

As we just formed, things are pretty evenly spread at the moment. Paladin/Priest seems to be the most abundant (or most offered of people wishing to put new characters in) but even that only consists of two or three each.

2 Likes

Would fosterlings (non dwarves wholly or partly raised by dwarves) be considered for inclusion in the mercenary company (either as members or ‘auxiliaries’)? I am thinking I would like to reprise my gnome ‘shaman’ Leoffcwen Doyle née Lamplighter that I made in Classic but never got to roleplay with. Cwen desperately wants to follow in her Wildhammer foster mother’s bootsteps and become a shaman. Unfortunately her totems all sort of fizzle and … fall over. Cwen is certain if she just reads enough about shamanistic traditions that she’ll be in tune with Azeroth in no time! I mean after all, she already has mastered a bit of minor ‘communing’ with fire and water … even if those dumb ol’ totems keep fallin over …

2 Likes

You know, my initial intention was for it to be purely dwarf only due to wanting to really create our own form of traditional type dwarf RP with customs and rites and phrases and such… but you bring up a very valid point I hadn’t considered about other race who could have been raised by dwarves, or insert themselves into that culture.

Honestly, I’ll take some time to think it over, if you don’t mind me getting back to you sometime soon over it? I want to finish setting up the initial part of the guild and our Discord server, and get some opinions of those already involved, if you don’t mind. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds good!

1 Like

Rolled a Dwarf Hunter just so I could be a part of this. I’ve always loved Dwarven Architecture and lore so this sounds super fun!

4 Likes

Awesome to hear! I’ve seen your posts about looking for an RP guild recently, and was sorely tempted to recommend making a dwarf, but you had mentioned wanting to main your Death Knight or Paladin…

Glad it turned out either way! lol

3 Likes

Boosting <3

1 Like

After some deliberation, I’ve decided that we will open our arms in rare cases to some non-dwarves who fit the concept of fosterlings. Dwarves are known to bestow honorary titles upon those who earn them, so I feel justified in making that exception for some.

You are amazing. Thank you so much for all the help you’ve given as we’ve started up in the community. <3

3 Likes

We all grow together, seeing new guilds succeed is what we all want, especially new rp guilds for diversity!

2 Likes

There’s never been a better time to join Bloodsail’s new (and possibly only?) heavy RP dwarf themed guild. The Black Rams are settling into a rhythm as we’ve recently promoted our first officer, and have our first scheduled RP event coming up on Wednesday!

Seek one of our members out today and get yourself in to enjoy a multitude of activities with a lively cast of rambunctious characters.

2 Likes

The first RP event of the Black Rams was a resounding success! Thanks to everyone who showed up, guildie and non-guildie alike! Seeing the tavern so packed was really fun.

Next we’re onto planning the first official undergoing of the Rites of Determination! All those fresh recruits who were introduced ICly to the Rams will have to be tested of their mettle and worthiness to be an official member.

If at all interested, we’re open to alts, so feel free to join in on the fun!

2 Likes

This sounds like fun! I’ve been chewing on a few dwarf character ideas. I’m trying to decide between Hunter, rogue or priest, I’ve rough character concepts for each class just not certain which one to go with…you guys looking for something specific as far as class goes?

1 Like

We’re not looking for any specifics in regards to class, though I will say having another priest is great for content in the future if that’s something you would want to consider (as well as if you are interested in healing). All in all it’s up to whatever you would find the most fun, though, both IC and OOC!

If you have concepts and ideas for each then just pick whichever you think you’ll have to most fun/easiest time playing, so you’ll be more enticed to spend time on them with us. ;D

Awesome! I’ll give it a bit more thought. I’ve joined the RP discord for the server and saw you guys there. I’ll shoot you a msg in game or discord. Thanks for the reply!

2 Likes