[A-RP] Starfall Sentinels

From the journal of Astrea Evermoon:

Quel’Asta, 25, 33

The situation in Darkshore doesn’t seem to be improving. The forces gathered put up a decent fight but this efforts seem to only result in stasis. I wonder if I should take a more active role; an important place of business could be lost soon, then again it’s not as I’m not entirely sure if I’d call it a great personal loss. As much as Darnassus means for the Kaldorei I hardly feel welcome there. Certainly things have improved since the first year of the Shen’drelar’s return but that improvement feels negligible. In part I would have thought all that time around species with upstanding arcanists would have left them more accommodating than this, then again I also find difficulty in holding this failure against them fully.

Regardless the fact remains that the Kaldorei are simply too stubborn for their own good collectively. Many think of the arcane and see only negatives, turning blind to beneficial knowledge because of a powerful example of the worst kind of practitioners. There is a level of hypocrisy in it all but dwelling upon it helps little here. It is clear to me that the best way of inspiring change is by example. To that end I have done what I can here and there, but the events in Darkshore have me both concerned and intrigued. I wonder if they could have gained mastery over the conflict with mages at home, or mages at all.

It is clear that, whatever the outcome, there will be more fighting. That is how the game is played; there is rarely a swift end to the strife. But this means more than a needless string of pain. Many value the glory that these conflicts produce. With glory comes stories from the masses, passed along like coin in the market. Some even earn a place in history. I am rarely one to chase such a thing myself, however I cannot deny how valuable it may be at this time. Elven arcanists, as heroes of the Kaldorei, may inspire more now than in the years before. Loath as I am to involve myself in these kinds of conflicts I feel it may be my best chance to see the change I have longed for. Thankfully I believe my sister understands this as well. That her cadre has welcomed my input is proof enough. Perhaps in time this group will grow into more than a small, minority led, warband. Regardless I will remain until it’s end or until I have seen what I wished.

Starfall Sentinels is seeking new blood. We are a Kaldorei Military RP guild focused on story and character development. We’re relatively new but we have decent amount of folks and a consistent stream of events.

IC we a part of the Sentinel Army, distinguished by a primary interest in utilizing Kaldorei arcanists alongside more traditional units. If you’re a Night Elf Mage wanting to work the Sentinels, or a Sentinel (or something similar) interested in scenarios involving collaboration with the arcanists among your people this may be the place for you.

Currently we’re seeking female characters only. We accept Night Elves of all classes, however Monks, Death Knights and Demon Hunters are only considered as OOC classes. Due to previous poor experiences we require applicants to be at or over 18 irl. Additionally we highly prefer the use of TRP 3.

Our activities include rp events on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday along with old school instance runs on Sunday.

Lastly we make heavy use of Discord for scheduling and announcements, among other things. As such it is required for members to have.

You can learn more about us or apply through our Tumblr page:

starfall-wra.tumblr.

We also have a proper website again:

starfallsentinels.com= (= not part of the url)

You can otherwise contact the following folks along with myself in game:

Maeisha

Élanâ

Sohul

I’m also willing to field questions here as best I can.

6 Likes

I’m attempting to take advantage of the system to bump the thread by telling you all that we’ve switched our site’s location to Tumblr.

2 Likes

I probably should’ve done this earlier but…not much can be done about that now…

So relatively recently the guild has undergone some slight changes in theme. Unfortunately this has included the exclusion of Druids from our roster. A shame but on the bright side it’s not as if Night Elf Druids are starving for choice.

…Still accepting Mages, though. unsubtle wink

Temporary note: I will likely amend the op at a later date.

1 Like

Might want to try to find a way to differentiate yourself from the other night elf military guilds out there, since they seem to be more well established.

Like, maybe talk about some specifics about what your guild’s events, RP storyline, and In-character goals are?

I have on an off been considering a means of doing so that isn’t too wordy. A myriad of setbacks, both within and out of my control, have slowed things however. Thankfully I may be able to resolve this issue soon.

1 Like

Things have been slowing down a lot lately. Thankfully it’s given me the time to give this sorry excuse for an ad some needed flavor and clarity; the perfect distraction from freezing my azure butt off.

I don’t have anything important to say in the bump so I’ll just post a video about a gun with an awesome name.

All is well yet I still have little of significance to justify this recent bump. As such I’ll just post a legend about the Yuki-Onna…

In Niigata, an elderly man operated an inn on a mountain trail with his wife. One snowy night, the inn was visited by a young lady who was traveling alone. She warmed herself by the fire and ate together with the innkeeper and his wife. She was sweet and charming and extremely beautiful. In the middle of the night, during a fierce blizzard, she stood up and made to leave the inn. The innkeeper begged her not to go outside, and took her hand to hold her back. It was as cold as ice, and merely touching it sucked all the warmth from the innkeeper’s body, causing him to shiver violently. As he tried to keep her in the house, her entire body turned into a fine icy mist, and shot up the chimney and out into the night.

So recently we’ve been preparing to launch a new campaign in Darkshore; better late than never, huh?

1 Like

Out of curiosity, why? Looks like this guild as an interest in having the Highborne as a bit of a focus or at least a pillar of the guild. Why exclude male characters? I mean, the Highborne themselves are led by Mordent Evenshade, a male Kaldorei.

2 Likes

The gender exclusivity is in accordance to our wish to maintain the aesthetic of the Sentinel Army. Certainly there may be men serving in that capacity as well but one can consider our cadre small ic as well as ooc and so more likely to be dominantly or exclusively women.

With that said its not as if we’d outright refuse to interact with male characters, we simply have a certain vision we want to adhere to.

Fair enough. I imagine with the exclusion of Druids that becomes even more of a thing, though male sentinels do also exist. I mean, Jarod Shadowsong was a leader of all Kaldorei forces at one point. Either way, you folks do things your way. I don’t know how many Night Elf guilds are gender exclusive anymore, so it probably helps you stand out.

Merry patch day folks. I’d love to join you but I only see black at the moment.

1 Like

It’s almost 6:30 A.M and I’m still awake with a lot of energy and little that I can confidently do with it so take this bump.

And while I’m here, though it is rather late…

I addressed that in my initial response.

1 Like

We’re in Silithus now, tracking corrupted comrades.

More news as events develop.

1 Like

Belated happy Byltan, folks!

1 Like

Old Gods are screwing with our girls! Thankfully we’re in the process of resolving the issue.

More news at 11! or rather when I have more say!

1 Like

Recently I’ve updated the OP to include some updates to our officer roster. I probably should’ve done it sooner. Better late than never, I suppose.

I figured it would be a good time to pull this thread back up so…there ya go.

Recently got a proper website again. OP’s been updated.