<A-RP> Magus Senate of Dalaran

The first Senate Session of the new year is tomorrow at 8! Looking foreward to seeing everyone there!

1 Like

We’ve updated our domain name! You can now find us at kirintor . org.

1 Like

The Senate has entered into the next chapter of its story: financial bankruptcy! Yes, in the most government-style story we’ve made yet, the Magocracy of Dalaran is broke. After many years of war, including the Legion war, Dalaran’s coffers have run dry after a certain scheming once-temp accountant made deals with foreign powers, including the Bilgewater cartel, to fund Dalaran’s adventures while embezzling money to line his own pockets. Inter-ministry competitions, politicking, and the ever-present looming threat will test the Senate as it determines its funding priorities, and which, in turn, will determine how effective it is at facing its challenges. Exciting times!

2 Likes

The Senate are a group of lovely people and are definitely not extorting me for financial and/or reputational gain in the form of this message.

<3

4 Likes

Pre-patch is around the corner! Death approaches, Sylvanas is on the loose, and the Senate is going to its old (temporary) stomping grounds: Northrend. With Dalaran knowing firsthand the threat of the Scourge, and the undead promising to rampage again in the Dead Scare, the only question we have is: Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Cult of the Damned?

It has been a while since the pre-patch has dropped, but we can confirm that we are still floating in the abyss somewhere.

All these years later, the Guild is still using those words I wrote up for our first website and recruiting post at the top of the page <3

1 Like

Good bunch of people with a lot of really good resources for Mage/Wizard/Witch w/e mancer roleplay!

Still with them, still great! Added another weekly class for your Apprentice or Mage seeking to expand their host of spells! Come and join the fun even if you’re in a guild! The classes are open to all 7pm ST in Ambermill Mon/Wed!

My friend and I came across one of your mages in Stormwind and did a walk-up and randomly asked for help with locating an item. Her magi RP was great and we had a really good experience. She took the random interaction with us like a champ and just rolled with the punches! - metaphorically… I promise no harm was done to the mage in question :smile:

2 Likes

The Senate has several events coming up including How to Train your Dragonhawk with the Ministry of Defense and the retrieval of artifacts and books from an undead Archmage who has been addled. Also classes at the Antonidas Academy of Alchemical and Arcane Sciences are starting up again this weekend! See this thread for information on our beyond the tag program Beyond the Tag

3 Likes

The members of the Senate have been publishing various scholarly works for the public!

From the Runeweaver Center of International Studies a paper on the Goblins of Dalaran.

From the Drenden Institute for Applied Strategic Magic a paper on Defensive Divination by Chancellor Demes.

Several apprentices from the Atonidas Academy have published their own research. From Apprentice Isabelle Darklight, The Teory of Metamagic (And Other Variants) and from Apprentice Khemrel, Sigils and Symbols: An Apprentice’s Notes on the Science of Symbology.

And of course Cylus Baultery’s A Manual For Spellcraft. Available now in bookstores near you!

Check out these and more works compiled in the Grand Library in Dalaran and other libraries throughout Azeroth. (You can check out our website Kirintor . org and click Grand Library at the top)

waves Glad to see the Senate still going strong! Best Mage guild around.

1 Like

I’ve run into these guys a couple of times and been to some of their events. Seems like a decent group :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kul Tiras has always been an ally of Dalaran! For all your finger-wiggling, spell slinging needs! MSoD is the way to go!

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re doing but it doesn’t look like you’re in the Magus Senate.

Fix yourself. Join the Battlemage Corps, oorah.

1 Like

MSOD is definitely worth the time and energy, highly recommend them to anyone craving some fun Mage RP!

Love,
Your Favorite Warcrime Warlock <3

1 Like

Still here. Still doing wizard stuff. Still floating around somewhere.

2 Likes

Away from the glistening spires of Dalaran, magic takes many different forms. Outside of the strict and rudimentary lies the wonder of the eclectic – the knowledge of magic passed down from parent to child, village elder to citizen, and from a dusty tome to the attentive reader. Come, one and all, to learn about the magic away from the spires. You haven’t made a wrong turn – you’re at the Eclecti-Con.

Date: February 12, 7PM Server

it is open to anyone who wishes to come and learn. We will have a handful of lecturers given presentations on their magic!

1 Like

The Senate will be meeting on Sunday March 13 in the Portrait Chamber in Legion Dalaran. As always these meetings are open for the public to observe.