[A-RP] Heart of the Mountain: Treasure and Tradition!

“The Halls are empty, but of course they are. No one’s stepped foot in this tomb since it was first sealed. But if the Scholars of the Third Chamber are right, the relic will be found here. The Explorers of the First Chamber work diligently, clearing away debris and making sure nothing of scholastic (or monetary) value is discarded. At the entrance and rear stand the Forgeguard of the Second Chamber, shields at the ready to defend their people. But no one is powerless. When the roar is heard, the dead dungeons comes to a new life as every person on the excavation team prepares. Scholar, explorer, and guard alike are all ready to defend this site. For themselves, but also for the knowledge it contains, and what its preservation could mean for their people. And most of them are smiling…”
– Bor Coaldust

The Mountain Heart Order was an old, secretive organization tasked with preserving and protecting Dwarven traditions. It was established shortly after the mountain of Khaz Modan was first delved by the Dwarves with the blessing of the High King, but it was promptly forgotten by mainstream society and left to its own devices. The Mountain Heart Order was fundamentally religious in its beginning, obsessed with preserving the little knowledge the Dwarves had regarding their creators the Titans and preparing Dwarven souls for the Shadowlands by the building and maintenance of underground tombs. Its beliefs were codified into the Sacrament of Stone, which reflected a deep commitment to the Titans and to the High King.

The Makers shaped the land

Reflect a vision grand

Anvilmar, heir to their vision

Leads us in our sacred mission:

Reclaim the ancient hold

Seek memories of gold

Defend what was foretold

Centuries passed, and the Order’s numbers dwindled as its adherents quietly kept their sacred charge in the shadows of the mountain. The Order was about to die a quiet death when it was fortuitously discovered by the newly established Explorer’s League. The scholars of the Explorers’ League were fascinated by the existence of such an ancient order and treated it with more respect than it probably deserved. In order to ensure its survival, the Order of the Mountain Heart was incorporated into the Explorers’ League and renamed the Mountain Heart Institute.

With this change, the organization’s shift into a more secular institution was now nearly absolute. In order to adjust with modern times, the Mountain Heart Institute has accepted an influx of new members from different clans and of different beliefs. But a few surviving members of the older Order remain and guard its secrets with fierce jealousy.

OOC Information:

The mission of <Heart of the Mountain> is to cultivate that unique sense of belonging and purpose that only Dwarf RP can create. We want to encourage members to create a shared body of lore that will serve as a foundation for many RP moments to come. We are looking for any Dwarf or Gnome with a particular interest in adventure and history. We also accept other races on a case-by-case basis if they indicate a genuine interest and/or connection to Dwarven culture. Upon joining our ranks, your character can work to join one of three chambers: the exploration chamber, the protection chamber, and the learning chamber. The three different chambers right now are mostly there just to add extra flavor to IC interactions, but we hope to eventually incorporate them into how our D20 events function mechanically.

We have three fundamental rules that define the OOC culture of our guild:

1. We accept that OOC drama will happen, we just expect it to be resolved in a controlled and civil manner.
  2. There is nothing remotely mature about pretending to be a dwarf on an online game. Embrace your inner child. Be slightly immature.
  3. People are more important than lore. While lore is still important, we are more concerned with how players engage it.

Contact Information:

GM: Thorgoin

Officers: Rhallo, Maximillas

10 Likes

Aye lads and lasses! Join us make Ironforge the place to be!

1 Like

Now this sounds interesting…

1 Like

Feel free to hit us up for questions! Discord name holywolf#8689 pm anytime!

1 Like

Currently we are trying to recover some stolen treasure. We have a suspect, but this effort may take us to every dark corner of Ironforge.

2 Likes

Bump. They got the best Adventures and Hugs.

1 Like

I’m Dunvir Frostbrand, and I approve this group!

1 Like

I have had the pleasure of joinin’ these lads on adventures and it has been a blast. Would recommend for anyone looking for some good Dwarf Fun!

1 Like

We are currently engaged in an expedition in Suramar to recover some earthen tablets that were stolen from the Hall of Explorers.

2 Likes

Our expedition into Suramar is going great but more Dwarfs make even the best expeditions better!

1 Like

I’ve had a few interactions with Thorgoin myself with our guild over the past few weeks and I can say he is a great individual to RP alongside. Which leaves me confident in the capabilities of those within his guild as well. If you have an explorer type dwarf/gnome, hit these guys up. :smiley:

2 Likes

May th’ ram nae buck ye lot!

2 Likes

Our campaign in Suramar has taken an interesting turn…as the Institute delves deep into long forgotten temples in pursuit of the cultists that stole the earthen tablets.

2 Likes

Suramar is going great as always! I cannot wait to see more faces around.

1 Like

Traditiooon puts arms in air Tradition!

I’ll uhh…will see myself out now.

1 Like

I’ve never watched the full movie or play, but I absolutely adore that song from Fiddler on the Roof! And I think that song somewhat captures the feel of our guild.

2 Likes

I was Tevye in highschool.

1 Like

The Mountain Heart Institute has recently discovered some forgotten horrors deep within the Swamp of Sorrows.

2 Likes

The Mountain Heart Institute adventures tonight! What are the secrets of the Hidden Hermit?

2 Likes

Ho there! The Mountain Heart Institute is always looking for a few good beards!

2 Likes