[A-RP] Commoner First Party - “We need a House of Commons!”

A radio broadcast airs over your console as you tune in. A man’s voice can be heard, amid static interference (to serve as an in-character introduction, a YouTube video of the broadcast.)

Commoner First Party

An Alliance-based guild that is a political, populist, and anti-nobility. The organization is dedicated to fighting for the rights of the commoner, ending the aristocracy, and establishing institutions for the commoner. Led by the controversial Adrian Engles, the recently elected City Councilor, the party rallies the commonfolk of the kingdom against the landed establishment — plastering the city with posters, airing broadcasts against the nobility, and even investigating their past and present misdeeds to use against them. The party remains fixed on the commoner, seeking to provide aid, remedying their troubles and grievances, and giving them a voice where they had none before.

In the shadows of the party, unbeknownst to the public and their enemies, high-ranking party members plan assassinations, abductions, and kangaroo court-style trials of the nobility for their crimes against commoner, aiming soon to agitate and foment uprisings and revolts in the countryside. However, even further beneath the surface, in the darkest underbellies of the organization, hidden from the public and even some of the most prominent party members, dark machinations are at play that harken back to a time in another land.

Role-play a politician, a labor organizer, or activist? Then this is the right guild for you! Role-play a disgruntled, disenfranchised commoner, or an individual who sounds like they could get behind “dark machinations”? Also the right guild! If you’re interested, please visit our website, cfp . carrd . co (spaces removed) and fill out an application – or if you want more details about the darker aspects of the guild, send me a message in-game or on Discord, where I’m usually available during the day. My Discord handle is Plagueheart#4091.

18 Likes

I’m interested~.

1 Like

I like it!

1 Like

Honestly this is bloody amazing.

ICly have an emote.

Ava would wake up hearing her communicator of all things wake her up. “Gah, dang it!” (can’t curse on forums). She listens and starts to deadpan. “Hello!? WHO IS THIS!” There is no response as the message ends. “How did these people get my communicator number… Ah’ grew up a street rat, guttertrash. Ah’ve worked ta’ where ah’ve gotten ta’ now… Do ah’ risk it all and literally let my inner rage out for tha’ nobles… Or do ah’ continue to grind against the stone… This happened once when the Masons went ta’ Westfall and became tha’ Defias…Least tha’ is what library books tell me.” If, and only if there could be sounds heard on the other end. The sound of a hearth being lit could be heard along with a pop of a cork. It was her trademark moonshine that she keeps to herself for the most part. “…Great, na’ goin’ back to bed now…” She takes a heavy swig and starts eating some leftover ramen from Om Nom Noodles from the prior night since it is Tuesday. :heart:

tldr; irl I’m interested but ICly I’d be so conflicted.

2 Likes

Vile upstarts!

We will get you for this. Double-- no, QUADRUPLE TAX RATES!

6 Likes

Ava receives a bill for quadruple tax rates starting next month or so. She burns it within her hand with shadowflame. She heads back into her house and opens her closet. “OH GEE, WHICH ONE SHOULD AH’ GRAB TA’DAY!” She pulls out the WoW version of a Barret Fifty Caliber sniper rifle and loads it with one round. She kicks the door open and grunts. “A’ight Someone is dyin’ ta night.”

Ava literally climbs onto the top of the Pig and Whistle and waits patiently. “Guess ah’ can take a few others out with this nonsense tax and blame it on them…” She grabs a full clip and slams it into the rifle. She grins wickedly. “OOooooohhhh, poor Kat… She is suppose to take care of this District yet cannot lemme get back. Ah’ reap what ah’ sow.”

She notices familiar faces and turns on the red dot and points it into the first man’s head. She pulls the trigger as the large caliber bullet tears through his brain. She turns to her left lightly the second still in Cutthroat Alley. She snickers and suddenly flicks a switch on the rifle. This one… Seemed holy now for some reason. This one merely slams into the Knight’s chest.

NO I AM NOT ICLY ALIGNED I JUST LIKE TO RP.

:heart:

Also this is freakin’ OOC. I wish I could be capable of this I respect people too much.

2 Likes

As a union member and organizer irl, I offer my support. My priest would be a good fit for this, but he’s an alt x4.

4 Likes

If you don’t think you can devote the time, you could always join our discord server in order to, if nothing else, follow along! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I remember the friendly protest outside the keep. Was fun to see something different!!

I’m just kind of sad that no one liked my three paragraphs.

Problem is I’m really hesitant to letting people get that close to me. But… I can make an exception and rules are meant to be broken.

Delirium you probably seen me around Stormwind cause I know I’ve seen you.

Now that I think about it. After probably some events and watching stuff go down I might back you lot up. I’m not sure I like character development and storytelling over… Freelancing.

-Ever so slowly looking up from a book in a cozy chair an old man stares blankly at his… totally legally acquired radio and scowls. Taking a moment to reach out to his table for a drink of tea and plunk it back down, book in his lap.- “Good chance nunofum got a fekin clue how t’bloody run a damn thing, Wonderon how quickin’ theys gana turn on thems fer ownin a wee stead nay lookin’ like piss? Light save im glad I aint livin in tha’ :poop: of a city…” with a grumble and an eye of the clock hed raise his book back up again, back to reading.

Definitely cant join in due to a lack of a sub but boy thissle be fun to watch on the sidelines. Also when is that auto-expletive bleeper going to kick in? Getting mighty tired of using emoji’s as funny as they are

2 Likes

After having a brief OOC convo with the OP.

I like him. He is willing to let people even show up to events to watch. I’d give this thing a fair shake honestly.

Bearing the seal of the Commoner First Party and “From the Office of Councilman Adrian Engles,” the following would be nailed to bulletin boards throughout the city:

My fellow commoners,

I write to you as the witness of an act of corruption and abuse of power. Yesterday afternoon, Councilman Adrian Engles was arrested by agents of the nobility, under threat of injury. Without warrant or just cause, they arrested the Councilman and spirited him away to parts unknown.

Yesterday’s injustice perpetrated by the nobility represents a blatant attempt to silence the only voice the commoner of this kingdom has had for some time. He spoke up against their injustices, their corruption, and their lies. For it, they’ve arrested him. They’ll claim it is a “protective custody” - more of the same from the nobility, hiding behind their euphemisms.

I will not sit meekly and let this happen, and neither should you. Demand with me that Adrian Engles, your Councilman, be released! They may have stolen his voice, but they haven’t stolen ours. Refuse them your labor, your taxes! Do not sit idly and let this happen any longer! They’ve tried so many ways to stop this movement; none of them have worked and neither will this! Free Engles for a free Stormwind!

Commoner first,

Dr. Amonar Edel

4 Likes

Ava opens her mailbox after warning. What a long day, plus she rarely sleeps anyway. Surprising she got any to begin with today. She opens the mailbox and pulls out a letter and scans it quickly not caring.

Then she slows down and re-reads it front top to bottom. “M.F” (again can’t curse) “This is who probably broke into my communicator? Guess ah’ll show up and watch the show fer a while…”

1 Like

A news article, titled “NOBLE ABDUCTED,” ran in the Stormwind Daily Bugle:

Sammaril Meridia, the Duchess of Korcari and member of the House of Nobles, was abducted late evening on June 24th, 632 K.C. A dockworker claims he saw the Duchess, unconscious, being carried off by a couple individuals. Another dockworker claims the men who carried the Duchess off looked rough and patched together, a pair of brigands with weapons.

Lady Meridia, the last surviving member of House Meridia, is known for her volunteer work at Stormwind’s Cathedral.

Investigators currently have no leads regarding the location of the Duchess or the identities of the abductors. However, investigators found a small device, likely a radio communicator, that had been smashed to pieces aboard a nearby merchant vessel. Nearby are signs of a struggle, scuff marks and smashed crates. There has been no contact regarding ransom and the motive for her abduction remains unclear.

2 Likes

Ava sips from her tea in the morning as the Postmaster knocks on the door. “Miss! Newspaper!” She opens the door as she takes the paper, giving him a gold coin. “Thank ya’ darlin’.” She sits down and opens it up. She clicks her tongue a couple of times. “Poor Sam.” Her miscolored eyes continue to scan the black ink.

“Investigators are trash… So are Private Eyes… Ah’ve had tha’ pleasure of warnin’ a few ‘bout snoopin’ and pokin’ at information they shouldn’t be lookin’ fer… Though with my most recent incident… Perhaps ah’ve been to harsh on them…” Ava exhales a sigh and scrolls up to the middle of the paper. “…Never heard’a this c----person before (wish this was in-game). So, oh well, ah’ dun’ care…” She folds the newspaper up lightly and leaves it on the table.

“Old Town shall burn… This City is gonna start goin’ up if tha’ Guard and Army don’ get their crap ta’gether…”

1 Like

Adrian Engles addressed Stormwind following his release. Amid static, he took to the airwaves, addressing the issue of Dalaran, Ms. Meridia’s rescue, and the need for political change.

https://youtu.be/94qSjOAy_h0

4 Likes

I’m special and can actually show videos.

Ava grunts lightly as she is woken up again for the second time as her communicator is hacked into. “WHO THE ------” She grunts and remains silent, calming herself.

“Promising… Very promising.”

These posts when my communicator or broadcast is heard?

It is IC.

1 Like

It’s flexible. I imagine it would be rebroadcast a few times.

2 Likes

/throws communicator at table.

“AH’M TIRED OF HEARIN’ THIS!”

:heart: “Fack even insomniacs need naps.”