(A-RP, 18+) The Order of Thorn and Rose - Bloodsail Buccaneers it is!

The Order of Thorn and Rose is looking to begin recruitment as an Alliance RP guild for Classic WoW players ages 18 years and older. This guild will be an In-Character (IC) entity, with their base of operations located near Three Corners, which will be RPed in Guild Chat and on Discord.

Founded by a former Silver Hand knight and her mage companion after the dissolution Silver Hand by Prince Arthas, the Order of Thorn and Rose is an organization centered around doing good in the world. They are the unofficial reinforcements Westfall, Darkshire, Redridge and beyond need in these perilous times.

There are quiet suspicions about them, held by those closest to the Order: while they uphold their Precepts in public, and they are undoubtedly a force for good, there’s a certain …playfulness… to some of them. Perhaps it is because their founders disappeared almost a year back, taking off with their best in an attempt to find King Varian Wrynn across the seas, and those left in charge are unused to laying down the law. Perhaps this has always been there, but slightly better hidden.

Nonetheless, the Order is welcomed in communities across Azeroth - publicly well behaved, artisans and musicians and storytellers, with a ready rapier or warhammer to help defend the innocent from the depravities of the wicked.

If you’re interested in the guild, let us know! Our Discord is kvU3q2P

1 Like

Great people!! And we have both sides covered! Sister guild on Horde side!

Instead of the usual bumps, we thought it might be fun to post up some beginnings. Here’s the first, and we’re hoping that when more people join, they’ll post up their beginnings, too.

“…and then tha’ Lady Rose reached down and offered me ownself a hand up. Ye kin be assured I felt honored enough already tae be in her presence! Tae be rescued by her an stare right intae that beautiful face as she lifted me up…another matter that be, aye.” Thombin Ironstache peered past his drooping eyebrows, smacking his thick lips thoughtfully. He was a stooped, aged old dwarf whose days of mining and adventuring were long past, but had nonetheless carved canyon-deep wrinkles upon his drunken countenance. Ava sat perched on the edge of the barrel she’d helped her father bring into the inn, rocking back and forth on it gently. She adored Thombin’s stories, and every time her family’s caravan reached Thelsamar, she sought out the dwarven storyteller in his corner of the inn. Her favorite stories of course centered upon the Lady Rose of the Silver Hand, a woman of unrivaled strength, beauty, and honor. Ava’s heart pounded when she had first heard of the knight. Let the boys play Uther and Mograine the Ashbringer! The Lady Rose was obviously far better! Thombin gave her a smile, the twinkle in his eyes knowing and gentle. “Ye’ll get to meet her tomorrow, won’tye?” He lifted his mug and pointed it towards her kindly. “Ye thank her again for ol’ Ironstache. I already told her all about ye. Put in a good word!” He laughed, slapping his knee with a meaty palm. “I’ll never forget the sight of you back then, girl! Pot lid an’ ladle raised up, standin’ in front of yer brother to defend him from those bullies. I told her the story, lass. Ye remind her o’ me, and she’ll remember who ye are, I promise.”

Ava nodded. Tomorrow was August 28th. Her birthday. And her parents had promised to allow her to join the Order of the Thorn and Rose on her 18th birthday. “I can’t believe it’s tomorrow. Just a Deeprun Tram ride away!” Her heart threatened to burst with joy even as the words tumbled out. “Thank you so much, Thombin.” She couldn’t keep the smile off her face. This was going to be amazing!

The Kaldorei people had many memories of the past. Wulfsong had been the Keeper of Journals for so long now she had almost forgotten to keep one herself. One day as she was dusting the shelves, she found one of her Great Grandfather, Fangorel Thornwhisper. Stopping to savor a small bit of it, she felt her eyes tear up. This was nothing more than love and emotion. Pride in what he had accomplished filled her heart. She penned an entry in her Journal, listing him as her paternal Great Grandfather:

Fangorel Thornwhisper Kaldorei Druid of the Claw

There was never a time in his long life that Fangorel would remember more than the War of the Ancients. He was there, fighting alongside the others of the Kaldorei Resistance. He was only a student of druidism at the time. Injured many times, he called on the spirit of Nature to heal both himself and his allies.

After the events of the War had played out, Fangorel went to the Emerald Dream, to recover and renew his commitment to nature and the Balance. As he worked in the Dream to aid Ysera in keeping the Dream pure and free of evil influences, he began to sense a new purpose in his life. He was called from the Dream to aid the Kaldorei on Teldrassil, where they fought demonic influences left over from the demons called into the world millenia before.

He was disgusted at the Arch Druid Fandral Staghelm for daring to suggest that the Kaldorei needed to restore their immortality after all that had been sacrificed. Never the less, he was bound by his dedication to the health of all of Azeroth. He came forth from the Dream to begin his journey as a healer and defender of all innocents. When the time was right, he set out on his journey to heal the rest of Azeroth. Knowing that he could not attempt this on his own, he sought others of like mind. He would offer unyielding support and the wisdom of the Ages to those who would fight for the good of all.

2 Likes

The Order of Thorn and Rose is shaping up pretty nicely. In addition to our in-Guild-Chat headquarters based near Three Corners (just across the river!), we’ve identified a couple taverns to serve as social RP hotspots.

Are there any places you guys would like to see an Order presence at? Any suggestions?

Character introduction for Thorek Glimmerstone.

A Throng of Dwarves stood tall, their armor far from shining but clanking in the sinister wind. The undead hordes were pushed back all the way to their cursed home, the former kingdom of Lordaeron. It was not just the Dwarves who felt it, but all members of the Grand Alliance that formed to save the world from the tyranny of death. Thorek marched in front of the Dwarven lines making sure everyone was ready, the scouts warned of another horde of Scourge were coming.

“What be the matter?” asking a young Dwarf who was visibly shaking. Shaking his head slightly at the young’un, They be sendin’ boys with less hair on their face than I got under me arms. he thinks mournfully.

“Th-there be no victory here. How canne we stop such things? We be just flesh–” the young soldier was cut off. Thorek giving him a cuff across the helm.

“Oi! I be havin’ none o’ that, not ever. We be the sons o’ Ironforge and we hold the line. I dunne care what monsters come up this hill, we be staying rioght here.” Thorek’s voice rose as he spoke. Stepping back he wanted to address the Throng.

“Listen ‘ere all of yous! If ye throw down yer arms, run, hide, and try ta save yer own beard… Ye be killin’ yer Kin in the Mountains. Yer Sons, Daughters - all will be torn apart. It falls to us, 'ere and now, ta save not only Ironforge but Stormwind and the lot! If we are ta die today; let it be with weapon in hand, courage in our hearts, Kinsmen at our shoulders, and Iron in our voices! For Azeroth!” The ranks broke out into a cheer, prepared for whatever the Scourge will throw at them.

It was the sound that came first, the confused footfalls of countless rotted feet combined with whatever other abominations march in their ranks. In what seemed like the blink of an eye the two lines smashed into each other. With the first swing of his mace Thorek awoke with a start, covered in a cold sweat. A warm hearth and soft bed reminded him where he was.

It had been years since that fateful day and every night he remembers. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes he stands. The threat of the Scourge may have been held back, but things were not safe still. Donning his heavy armor again, shield strapped to his back and axe hanging from his hip Thorek stepped out into the frozen cold of Dun Morogh. One hand closed around a slab of boar jerky, perfect breakfast for these conditions and the other a notice: Criminals are threatening Stormwind, a gang calling themselves the Defias.

“It be time to go back to work, more than just patrolling the lands surrounding Ironforge. This Order o’ Thorn and Rose…” he trails off to himself, the snow crunching under his ironshod feet. These mountains were his home, but he would travel to the Twisting Nether and back again to save them. “Maybe they be just the ones ta sign up with to do somethin’ about all this nonsense in the world today.”

We had a great time in Stress yesterday! Formed the guild, brought in new members, and can’t wait to do it again when Classic goes Live!

We’ll be on until the servers go down! We’re on Barov, and remain committed to RP-PvE when the time comes! Come join us!

I’m intersted, but I have some questions:

1. I assume the Order will oversee a RP-PvP server, right?

2. I need some help not sounding awkward as a non native english speaker. It’s easier to mask it on the Horde side but Common in an english speaking realm is just english. I thought about a Gnome that spends way too much time tinkering and doesn’t care about “speaking proper” as long as the communication is efficient. But… I want to play as a healer and in Classic gnomes don’t seem to particularly care about the well being of others.

We’re an RP-PvE guild actually! Your English (At least so far with your post!) is very good. Would not have caught it. :slight_smile:

I say embrace it. No matter what you do, you can’t mask how you speak in emotes, and the people who you’ll be playing with in our guild are there to have respectful, fun RP.

Hello Rachele!,

Myself and 3 friends are looking to change things up a bit going into Classic, seeing The Order of Thorn and Rose I think will be a wonderful fit!. We are looking to play multiple classes all being Dwarf or Gnome :sunglasses:. I cannot wait to speak with you and hopefully have the chance to “join in” when the time comes :grinning:

1 Like

Glad to have you and your friends, Coppernut!

What a great “first day” while running the “stress test”! Thank you all for the welcome and truly look forward to the times ahead!

1 Like

Hey there! Was looking around for a guild to jump back into the game with for Classic and thought this might be a good fit. Chances are I’ll be priest-healing, or warrior-tanking. Would love to chat with you guys!

1 Like

We’d love to have you! You’ll find we have a lot of priests and warriors, but we’re going to figure out how to make it work. A lot can happen between 1 and 60 after all! Join our Discord, and make sure to read #rules-and-precepts and other than that, you should be good!

Really thinking of going Hunter now, after our great sessions we have some wonderful RPers and I want to make sure I’m able to help overall, I get they are not the best in raids, but someone has to skin the hounds!

1 Like

Hey, we actually NEED DPS if we go raiding. :rofl: Hunters, Warlocks, Rogues, Mages, DPS versions of any sort, we need! (And we’re still happily accepting any tanks or healers!)

I would definitely love to see some more rpers, especially late night or Aussie rpers!! Come join me as I will be needing some help getting to Stormwind to help the guild grow. Yes I Intend on rolling a NE druid. Everyone else is on the other continent!!

I am not fussy on class, whatever the boss says we need! See you in 10 days!

Thombur Dunvalder

A distant cousin of the Dunwald clan of Wildhammer dwarves, settled in the hills of the Hinterlands after the prolonged war of Three Hammers between his kinfolk years ago. A brash and headstrong beardling, Thombur is quick to anger yet even quicker to laugh. An outdoorsman of a dwarf, he much prefers the open air and sky to the musty mountains of his Bronzebeard cousins. While never accomplished as a gryphon rider, he did display an affinity for the beasts of the wild. He was sent off the develop these skills at a young age and bring them back to the clan, in an exchange agreement with the dwarves of Khaz Modan to the south.

Thombur was initially suspicious and distrustful of the members of the alliance and the many laws and enemies they had made because of them. It took years for Thombur to speak anything but dwarvish around the other races. He now sees the Alliance as a necessary evil, and while the control they strive for and tributes they demand may be too much for the Wildhammer people as a whole, Thombur has found they are more with generous sharing their technologies and techniques for troll-killing.

Spending years acquainting himself with the climate of Dun Morough and the machinery of boomsticks, Thombur yearns to return to the Aerie. Still unconvinced of the purpose of the
Alliance, he is fascinated by the diverse peoples they attract. The mechanical genius of their gnomish neighbors had him more than interested in staying longer to learn more than just guns and bullets. Even the elves have a silent power to them and reminded him our his own clan’s storytellers and elders.

While the Wildhammers hold only a nomial place in the Alliance, Thombur relishes the opportunity to strike back at Horde rabble-rousers and trouble makers, though has been known to cavort with certain members of the Horde as well. He takes grudges with individuals rather than whole groups of people, except for trolls. They all look the same to him, better dead.

After his lengthy sojourn in Dun Morough, the dwarf has recently received news from home and abroad. News of the recent developments on the other continent, old hatred and battles have flared up in Ashenvale around the elves’ forests. News of human farmlands beginning to fall to a new form of undead, not the scourge of nightmares, but the forsaken of the fallen city of Lordareon. Even the dwarves of Dun Morough were beginning to feel the stirrings of conflict, as ambassadors and recruiters came from Southshore and Alterac to find heroes to help them drive an orcish clan away from their mountain home.

In addition, the desperate, yet numerous tribe of forest trolls, hostile neighbors in Thombur’s adopted land, have begun to lash out deeper inland towards the Aerie. Gryphons are being butchered in the woods and left as grisly warnings for Wildhammer clan scouts. The wide world is calling and the mountainous borders that upheld dwarven cultures for so many may not remain safe for long…

1 Like

Great background! I can’t wait to meet him in game! Have you dropped by the Discord yet?

Hey, sister guild! Can’t wait to see you in game!