A Returning Players Viewpoint

Warning this is a bit ranty and I know blizzard wont read but I had to vent it to them anyways…

Why is there more questing and gating after level 60 than to get to level 60? I recently decided to come back and try the game again after 9.2.5 and I have to say I completely regret it so far. I decided to level a new one of my alt characters this time and I have spent more time doing mandatory fetch and kill quest post level 60 than I did to level. I am going to be honest, I don’t care about the story, and I actually think it’s quite bad to the point where I can’t ever care about it again. I don’t know if it’s an attempt to appeal to a broader base with other story heavy mmos on the market these days but I doubt most wow players care at this point because the dev’s have butchered the lore so much at this point. I don’t remember outside of maybe attunements in the earlier xpacs and games having so much arbitrary post level cap stuff to do before you can start the level cap stuff. Can we just go back to putting flying behind a pay wall and minimal amounts of story quest. There is only so many times I can rewatch movies doing fetch quest for you to somehow expect me to believe I have helping my covenant in the grand struggle, the jailer could have never been stopped without me killing those 15 creatures in that specific area.

If you’re not going to change this going forward at least consider after say x.1.5 or x.2 patch introducing a skip mechanic for these 100 quest questlines for content that isn’t relevant anymore expect from a lore aspect. you have exp squishes for leveling, maybe add some quest squishes or skips because I am struggling to not uninstall right now

Unfortunately, you’re right but for the wrong reason.

Returning Player is a 100% player to player sub forum for asking and answering of questions. :slight_smile:

Blizzard doesn’t visit this forum (outside of forum mods for reports, but they’re not devs) and we’re mostly left to our own devices here. In order for your rant to be seen by blue eyes, it would need to be posted in a community forum such as General Discussion or Quests. You can also provide feedback by using the in game suggestions tool in the help menu.

All of these are ways that the devs have come on record as a way to convey your ideas to them. Returning player on the other hand is yelling into the void. At best, you’ll hear an echo. :wink:

Best of luck in your journeys!

1 Like