A respectful letter to Blizzard Entertainment

Sees 5 hour queue Well good gosh golly it’s just so dang POPULAR. Clicks transfer button and sips M’ountain Dew*

1 Like

Jamaal
Benediction (US)
Warrior

You’re just asking to get suspended off forum with a post like that.

I would hope though that they clean up this mess that is the realm populations by the time burning crusade gets here.

I feel like it would be good to have a mix of possibilities. If we consider the number of players who play WoW… or at least the number who play Classic… actually I do not know how many that is, but I recall a number of 1 million being mentioned around launch.

Let’s assume that there are 1 million Classic players, then for any given 1 in a million chance at a preference, that preference may well exist in the community (of course, it might actually not, but the point is that we have a very diverse group of people in our community).

If we have some servers that are labeled, and it is known that they may experience queue times, but nothing will ever be done about that, and we have other servers that will be locked if queue times happen, then we allow for individual choice.

That would be my personal preference. I actually very much dislike that transfers have been disabled to my server, and very much dislike that new character creation for those who have no character on my server has been disabled.

1 Like

GD ZUG DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS? They are trying to tell me that is not a complete sentence

Posting from personal experience, Trust me.

It takes way more than THIS to get forum banned…

Do whatever as long as I can play on a server where the common sense move of locking a server with a Q is done. I am willing to be reasonable. Maybe if it hits a 5 minute Q it goes on lockdown til no Qs for x time? MEET ME HALFWAY BLIZZARD?!?!

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. Long queue times are benefiting nobody.

1 Like

They did this around christmas or so…

It lasted a day or two…then phase 2 officially dropped.

That was pretty tame, and I don’t even think blizzard can say how they have serviced wow servers isn’t objectively complete trash. Not if they have any integrity anyway.

Respectful?

Wow…

From my personal experience (5 silences on this account alone), it takes a LOT LESS. But they have seem to become extremely lax since then. Back during all my silences, they ruled this place with an iron fist, basically V for Vendetta. Now they don’t seem to do practically anything.

I imagine you’re ret?

Well, hot damn. First major thing I agree with outta all of your posts.

Root of the issue is, there are no blizz employees working in blizz HQ currently anyways. Anyone “working from home” wont have server access to the backend for situations like this.

Of course, not including the mole people they most certainly have working in their server farm depths…but they wont care and prolly dont read these posts.

The issue is, no blizz around to fix it. Hell, I would venture a guess that they furloughed half or nearly all the staff in light of the “very uncertain times”…

Getting rid of the staff on their payroll is very much like Acti-Blizz as of late, anyways.

That is how it should be. Constructive criticism as long as it is RESPECTFUL such as mine is a valuable tool for Blizzard Entertainment. It lets them know there is a problem that should be looked into, silencing your critics just proves them right. If you disagree with the criticism just refute it with data on how they are wrong and 2-3 hour qs are actually very good for a player and why or fix the problem.

1 Like

I want to play also OP, but that is no right be a jerk about it. Blizzard has made some bad choices, but if you haven’t noticed, we’re in the middle of health crisis right now.

I think I’d offer a more respectable term than trash, to make it at least somewhat appealing to accept. However, the sentiment is difficult to disagree with.

I would point out that the success (or popularity, whatever) of Classic is a good thing for those of us who like it, and maybe only not surprising to those of us who like it…

It’s surprising to me, and I wasn’t actually expecting to play Classic. I suspect that the private server community is not surprised. I also suspect that that is smaller than 10% of the Classic community (pure speculation, btw).

The popularity of Classic would have been pretty well known 6 months after its release though, right? Yes.

Not really anybody (ok, maybe Bill Gates, or a few other people, but… ) would have predicted the pandemic quarantine situation we find ourselves in right now.

For any software company that has millions or 10s of millions of concurrent users to be impacted so drastically by such an unusual event, the ability to adjust and iterate within days and weeks is pretty phenomenal (note: phenomenal, not “good” or “not bad” but utterly phenomenal), though I’ve heard that Zara reduced their factory efficiency to around 80% to be able to re-align on their fashion goals, and have new iterations of current fashion in their stores within an approximately 2 week period.

But to Blizz-China, that is their speciality.

Especially since they just caved to the whole “No RPG games, no animal crossing, no depictions of zombies or plague spreading (renaming the death knights to Fade Knights and removing most of the unholy tree) and more”…all because of the whole animal crossing hong kong protest thing.

That argument would of been fine if they weren’t making weird changes in the middle of said crisis. How hard is it to implement if a server sees Qs of greater than 5 minutes at any point its locked for xfers/new chars?

This was in 2008, or prior (well not prior - since that’s when Wrath launched, but Undead models were already different, as were crypt depictions, etc. It’s a cultural thing - we could discuss that more, but it doesn’t seem relevant here).

I’m not familiar with the animal crossing hong kong protest thing. When was that?