A Question About Class Battle Pets

Hello:

I was wondering… if I take a character (such as this one) and boost him to level 110 (after I hit level 60), is it still possible to get the battle pet (Broot) from “The Dreamgrove” if I do all the Class Hall Quests, or is it no longer possible to get UNLESS I level my toon from scratch and work my way all the way up to level 100 and go from there.

Likewise, can I do the same thing with a Shaman… and can I level a Death Knight to get a Bloodbrood and Vilebrood Whelping as well (Just trying to figure it all out before I waste a whole lot of time)?

Thank you in advance for your response to this post.

You should be able to collect all class pets even with boosted characters. You don’t need to start from scratch.

IIRC, you might be able to use a trial character to collect the Shaman class pet. Not sure though.

This guide on collecting class pets from Legion might be helpful - https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16957

1 Like

Class pets and mounts require you to complete the achievement “Breaching the Tomb”. You should be able to start the chain on any boosted toon.

1 Like

Leveling to 60 doesn’t benefit a boosted character anymore. They no longer boost professions.

Broot and Nightmare Lasher are grown in the Druid Class hall “garden.” They do not require breaching the tomb. Just have to unlock the plots when you upgrade your class hall.

1 Like

The class pets are tied to the class halls and the campaigns. It doesn’t really matter how you leveled them.

The shaman pet you get very early on, Thrall’s wolf will offer a pet battle, beating it will award a pup. The two druid pets are with one of the class hall perks, you can pick that about 105 if I remember.

The three death knight pets can be bought once you finish the class hall mount quest. You’ll only need to do that once, but you will need all three artifact weapons, since you can only buy them one spec at a time. The monk is the same, at the end of the class mount quest line.

And finally the rogue parrot was from the extra Broken Shore follower quest line, if I remember right.

There is at least one other - monk pet after obtaining the mount. Only a few require the class order hall mounts (monk and dk) - the others can be obtained sooner - shaman - literally upon opening the order hall - druid from the hall upgrade (super rng dependent), and yeah rogue is along the quest line for the extra follower.

Isn’t there also a Warlock/Demon Hunter pet? The only tricky part of getting this pet is that (at least in the Warlock’s case), you need at least two other people to participate with you. As Legion class halls are so infrequently used now, the chances of finding two warlocks to help you are slim and none. You’d best ask your fellow guildies for help.

I think it’s a toy, Loncis - nope - you’re right - Hateful Eye from Warlock / Demon Hunter Class Hall with the appropriate Class Hall upgrade for each.

That’s why I just used my Demon Hunter. At 120, you can solo the demon. I think I got the pet on the third time in there.

Oh, okay. I wanted to get it with my Warlock (since it’s the only class pet I haven’t gotten yet), but that requires three Warlocks to summon the demon. So, Demon Hunters can summon the demon alone?

The Demon shows up every so often and the DH’s with the appropriate upgrade can go kill him once a day for loot - at 110, I’d usually call out in the Order Hall to see if anyone else wanted to join in on the kill.

They surely can. Like Neall said, though, if you’re at 110 it’d be easier to group up if you can find people.

Is there an option to do that with the Warlock, too? My lock is 120, but my DH is only 103. If there’s an option to let the lock solo it, it would be quicker than leveling my DH.

I don’t think so, but I also don’t keep up with patch notes/changes they sometimes (rarely) make post-expansion to make solo’ing old content more feasible.

Tried with 120 Warlock and 110 and 112 Warlock friends. Unfortunately from different realms. Tried to invite one of them to group and got message hadn’t seen before “cannot invite from this realm”. And all three Normal realms, and never had this problem before when inviting her. Switched group leader and invite successful but when got into the summoning room, were only two of us, third one all by herself in another. So some strangeness with all the server sharing Blizzard is doing nowadays.

Success with a Demon Hunter, probably because another 120 DH from other faction happened to click the book (mine 116 and leveling mostly through pet trainers so gear sucks). Got couple of Broken Isle buffs as drops, which a bit useless now.

T.T it took me weeks to get that pet to drop