[A] [PVE] Silver Lions - Social Guild for Older players

Anyone who was following the "Older player looking to create guild in classic" topic in this forum knows that there was an interest in creating a guild for the older players on this realm and I am happy to announce that we answered the call and created the Silver Lions guild! Currently there is close to 20 of us older players that are lower levels and enjoy the social aspect of chatting with likeminded individuals. It is a no-pressure environment where we help each other out and together enjoy all that Classic WoW has to offer. As we level up through the content we do plan to do dungeon runs together and helping each other out with various tasks and quests.

Every alliance race, sex, appearance and class is welcome! (Since this is classic we don’t have to worry about politely turning down pandarens…)

VOICE REQUIREMENTS
Yes, we have a Discord server however unlike most guilds, we do NOT support voice chat in this guild. No member should feel like they need to be in a voice room chatting away to feel welcome here. On the contrary, anyone who ever was uncomfortable in a setting where they felt that voice chat was required should not feel that way here. Discord has lots of neat voice features, one of them being the ability to have private voice chats. Use this feature if you want to talk directly to another member but never try to force anyone to join in! If we decide to do Guild Dungeon runs, our Veteran members have the ability to use voice and drag over members to the voice room so that they can listen or participate - after receiving their consent.

AGE REQUIREMENT
We will try to keep the guild casual but very mature - basically a place for us older folks to hang out and ask questions. I am 50+ btw. Like a couple of other mature on-line gaming communities that I visit, you will need to be at least 25 years old to join. While I know that age and maturity don’t always corelate (my 22 year old son would be a good fit for example while some 30 year olds would not), we need to draw the line somewhere. An exception will be made for member’s real-life friends or family.

There are tons of guilds out there. We will not try to cater to the hard-core gamers or the voice-chat friendly crowd. If you think the guild is a good fit then contact me or one of our officers in game. We just started but there has already been a strong interest in the concept.

Contact Ryona for invite.

8 Likes

At 61 I guess I meet the age requirements, tennyrate.

Maybe your new guild’s the place for me to try the Alliance for my cherry time…

1 Like

Couple of our members have horde alts on this server. We have no issue with that. Our members are laid back and there has thus far been zero drama. There’s a lot of helping each other with tough quests and helping those who want to do some dungeon runs. A lot have kids and real life requirements. A lot like taking their time and just enjoying a slower pace in the game. We’ve been helping each other out with professions and helpful drops. Every alliance race, class, level, and spec is welcome. We aren’t in the business of telling folks how they should play.

Yarma has done a great job organizing the guild. So if you’re at all looking for a low drama group of older players to have your back give us a yell.

1 Like

is the guild active at all during PST/PDT? I’m on the west coast, but this is the only classic RP realm, so here I am…

Your guild does sound very appealing!

2 Likes

After a week we have more than 30 members and growing. Free cookies are on order. Come on over and say “hi”!

2 Likes

What time are you all usually on, i looked for you all last night? What time are your officers on for one to reach out to them?

Ha! I’m around all kinds of different times. Ask Val. He laughin at me this morning trying to solo deadmines at 6am on my 26 lock. If I’m not on this toon or the lock, Ivylichen, I am often alt hopping and pop in every now and then to see what’s going on.

I will be on-line this evening (Wednesday) after 9-ish (EDT). Feel free to ping me or my alt (Jedra).

Just in time for a fun time in stocks! I was in charred vale when you IM’d. You may know the quest from your warrior. The fire hardened mail. Still a bit steep to do alone. Now there’s more than one of us. maybe we can get er done.

Were all good Valaen, I’m on there with you now… And thanks for the Invite!.. That level 42 Paladin is a great great guy, just saying. LOL

1 Like

Very intriguing! I’ve always rolled Horde, but I’ve been looking for a group of older casual players now that Classic is out. Over the years I’ve usually mained a mage or Druid and recently played with a priest. Is the guild heavy on any role? Leaning toward Druid for the lore, but I’m afraid they’ve become a FOTM. LOL

Love the guild!

We now have over 60 members and growing. Join us for some friendly, casual interaction, the occasional dungeon run and never ending help when needed. We are running short on cookies - better hurry!

I’m definitely interested in this, I will try to contact someone in game this evening on the new character I created here last night.

Jeffyman, this is Ryona from above in the thread, one of my 2 horde toons. One of our members in Lions invited me to this guild. If you prefer horde, may want to check them out. They seem like a good bunch though I haven’t played on this one much yet. And of course, it would be great to have you in Lions as well on Alli side. Tough choices though when tarren MIll and Southshore go at it

Hey! Do ya have room for a sneaky rogue? I am on at late night to early morning hours. Hoping to find some west coast or Aussies or Oceanic folks to play with.

Hey Jordon. Plenty of room! Catch Yarma, Jedra, Dace, Valaen or Ryona on-line at any time! (Fresh batch of cookies on order!)

Yum, cookies… No RNG on those cookies right?

Very fun guild with lots of active friendly people. It’s nice for us older folks to have a place to go!

See ya

1 Like

I made a “Looking for guild” post earlier today, but I missed this post and I think you guys might be what I’m looking for, if you’ll have me. :slight_smile: The “voice is not a requirement” thing is a big turn on. I don’t mind voicing for some things, but otherwise, too much chatter can drive me nuts when I play, lol.

Here’s a link to the post I made if you want to see what I’m about: Click Here For My Post

I’ll keep an eye out for the names listed in game.

~ Nyxe/Viridia