[A] Possible Transfers to ED

I would like to close the thread, but leave it up for search

1. How is the Warmode balance? On MG, we are overwhelmingly alliance in most questing zones and fairly even in Uldum, panda zone. I was on Dalaran for BFA launch and it was so bad i could not quest in WM in BFA. I personally am very pvp oriented and cant turn WM off due to stubborn principles.

From what I’ve seen WM balance skews more horde with WM on than Alliance, but there are folks who go WM on and PVP. Sharding doesn’t help us in that regard. I haven’t had an issue in questing zones with WM on or off in regards to an overwhelming amount of folks even at launch.

1. Are there any decent Mythic+ guilds/players? Some of us are really into M+ and would love a guild that we can group with.

There are quite a few guilds that push M+ content and open to grouping with other ED folks!

1. how is the alliance population? Since ED seems to be a more 50/50 A to H ratio, it will inherently have slightly less players per faction than a 90% one sided faction dominated server.

I’ll let other folks give their opinions here but it seems pretty balanced to Horde with the exception of being a little light in WM.

1. How is random RP? On MG, there is always somewhere in SW you can stumble upon an inn meeting, wedding, or just people in character.

ED RP is pretty different from WRA and MG. We have a much smaller community (of great RPers!) and the majority of RP is through guilds and scheduled events and very little walkup RP. We have a weekly bar night for the server for each faction and we have a great discord server for planning and advertising ED RP and PVP events. A lot of guilds on both sides have been participating in a server wide RP-PVP campaign which has been a lot of fun.

I hope this helps and I would be happy to answer any questions you might have especially on the RP side of things. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m very curious on the state of Warmode on ED. It’s very drull here and I think I may come back, I ended up leaving when WM dropped because it made me feel like ED was pointless and alot of guilds of old had xferred off server. But if the WPvP atmosphere is even like 20 percent of what old ED was it’d be better than here.

So if any one else wants to give it good reviews, please do.

Neilthegreat,

I’m only offering my opinion as a casual WoW player. I’m not a fan of ED and have been on the server since 2014.

1. I see more ED players with WM off than on. You’ll never have trouble finding a fight, but the Horde has more players with WM on, so you’ll often be out numbered.

2. I’m not a Mythic or Raid gamer, so I cannot offer any opinions.

3. I would say there is a nice 50/50 ratio, but the Horde has always dominated the server with larger, zerg guilds in terms of wpvp. You’ll lose more as an Alliance member in open world pvp and in BGs.

4. Random RP is terrible, awful, and really bad on the ED server. That is probably my biggest regret about selecting ED. It isn’t an RP server with the exception of guilds holding private RP events. You won’t stumble upon RP on this server. ED is wpvp bro server that was long ago won by the Horde as evident by the Alliance always getting the WM on bonus.

I know my opinions are relatively negative, but I’d stay away from ED.

1 Like

Only thing I can say is the random RP on WRA while it may exist is rarely of quality. But yeah, I am always wary to consider ED’s guild based RP a positive, it’s sort of a propaganda piece at this point.

1 Like

I feel you Garvun. Ultimately, I’d offer the opinion that ED isn’t an RP-PVP server, but just a PVP server with a lot of Alliance players selecting to keep WM off.

I certainly understand it’s not for everyone and I definitely lay it out for folks considering transferring here, but I’ve had great experiences in the quality of RP with other folks in the community, as someone whose primary focus is RP and has actual recent experience.

2 Likes

ED for RP and RP/PVP is dead my man. Don’t let the holdouts fool ya.

But is PvP dead? Even if it is with PvP bros. RP is dead every where, honestly I suspect it doesn’t go with age very well. Lol.

WPvP is alive and well. RPPvP campaign has been poppin recently.

3 Likes

If I were you I’d just come on the server and mess around a bit. We’re in a lull atm, but you can def still find fights.

RP is picking up.

Would take every opinion you get here with a grain of salt, because some of the loudest voices on these forums are those that are the least involved with anything in the game…

Come see for yourself.