A plea to Blizzard for regular flying in Dragonflight

and having the option for both is 1000x better than dragonflying

15 Likes

keep telling yourself that…

actually just give druid’s flight back and the rest can sort themselves out…

1 Like

But the question is not which is better, but is it better to have JUST dragonriding, or to be allowed to have Both.

2 Likes

Well, while I am not opposed to using Dragonflight, I will say that it is completely inconvenient. I dont buy a flying mount to make it feel less effective than the original. You cant just hover and look for where you are going, nor can you explore the ground without worrying about running out of vigor or momentum. After recently buying the expansion, my wife has quit over this, and I am close to it.

I mean if the game wants to limit the number of players then that is fine. As a group of people that always was reluctant to try WoW and was enjoying the game up to Dragonflight, this totally turned us off.

Guess it is back to waiting on Throne and Liberty

3 Likes

You aren’t the only one who feels this way. :slight_smile: I feel the exact same way. Cannot wait for regular flying to be in Dragonflight. I will be far happier when I can fly around that way.

5 Likes

make it optional…
‘flight’ slower and more convenient than ‘glide’…
hovering…etc…
why not!
i see people sitting around recharging all over
the place…
maybe we could switch to the slower flight mode
as we re-charge our flight balls!

We got our pathfinder option. Is it what you were hoping for? I won’t be buying the expansion at all because of that.

2 Likes

i think flying in this expansion should be bought with gold and no pathfinder we are already flying so why the pathfinder!

4 Likes

Because they can. And they’re upset that they were forced to bring back normal flying by players they see as whiners, who should have been chosen to be born without a disability or impairments, as they did.

In my opinion they created dragonriding to force players to remain engaged and interacting at all times during the game, which would of course be inconvenient during activities like gathering and exploration. They didn’t even consider that this would be making the game less accessible. And the requirements of suggest that they think these players ought to be able to master dragonriding in order to get normal flying back.

5 Likes

That’s not how claims work. You don’t make a claim and then tell others to disprove it. Been to school ever? You have to source your claims when people ask where you got the information from. The answer is never “well provide a source my claims are false.” Especially when I never said he was saying anything false… I only asked for the source of the information so I could read it myself.

If you want to mischaracterize someone’s words… take that fallacy to reddit. If you want to have an honest conversation, I am more than happy to have that.

1 Like

Why would anyone complain about having flying and not being able to see the scenery when they still had a ground mount they could ride on and look at the scenery. That makes zero sense.

And i so can’t wait! I miss it.

1 Like

Soon we can hover once more while camping rares :blue_heart:

1 Like

Honestly there is a reason why most people prefer to drive automatic cars versus transmission.

Transmission is fun once in a while but it becomes a niche fad and the appeal goes away quickly.

TBC flying stood the test of the time and is still very popular!

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

3 Likes

I don’t know if that’s all that good an analogy, speaking as a person who mostly has driven manual transmissions.

1 Like

Is dragon riding not flying? What’s the issue?

There is no “real” issue, you’re 100% right. Dragonriding is flying and its been around in the xpac since day one of release. A small group of people have refused to use it, waiting for old school flight to be given to the xpac, however they are very upset to find they have to do a very little effort and work to earn it. The amount of time and effort they spend on the forums complaining about it, they could have already had most of the requirements done by now. But that would make way to much since.

1 Like

It feels like excluding the people with some kind of disability that can’t do it is missing a key part of the rub…

5 Likes

Gabitha " doesnt care " about pathfinder which is why he willfully ignores all the disabled people that have explained to him ( in his thousands of “”““i dont care””“” posts) how this issue affects the disabled.

Gabitha is a troll, or just some loser dude that hates the disabled for not playing “his way” and asking for regular flight to be added with equal effort to unlock it that dragonriding required ALMOST AS IF WE DISABLED WANT TO BE TREATED AS EQUALS TO THE ABLED FOR SOME SILLY REASON

5 Likes

Nope not a Troll, 20 year veteran of the game, a content creator, a person that is in 3 active guilds in WoW, plays with 100’s of other active players daily. I tend to play WoW, Diablo 3 or 4, Star Wars : The old Republic, Second Life and other games almost around 8 hours per day, every day of the week if I so desire. I consider myself a pretty hardcore player due to the time I spend playing the game. Since I am disabled in real life I can say I don’t hate disabled people, I just don’t think video games need to be made easy mode for them. Because I know many who are disabled who are playing WoW just fine in top tier raiding guilds as well as Mythic + teams. The game if easy enough as is, fact is its a little too easy in places. How ever people who do not like my opinions that I state on the forums, don’t bother me, its okay but will not stop me from voicing my opinion and stating how I feel about game play or a topic when it is brought up. So if you wish to call me a Troll because my opinion differs from yours by all means do. I could care less. As far as Pathfinder goes, I will have it 2 weeks or so after the release of 10.2 on Nov 7, thought I doubt I will use any of my old flying mounts actively in the current xpac.