A Peaceful Day in Shattrath

I came across this wonderful, whimsical piece of fanart which is not only a feast for the eyes, but also provides a fun, bizarro “It’s a Wonderful Life” look into WoW and the characters we stan so hard for here at SF.

Artwork:
https://i.redd.it/y2v8tsbp06f51.jpg

Thread from reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/i4380h/a_peaceful_day_in_shattrath_city_oo%E5%A4%A7%E9%BB%84oo/

Every time I think I’ve found a favourite microcosm, I see something else that competes with it. I’m loving Nefarian, Deathwing, Ebonhorn and Bolvar rock out to ETC right now, though. That, or Maraad and Yrel looking longingly at each other across the room.

Enjoy!

12 Likes

The Jaina table is so awkward.

12 Likes

Wait. Is that bear Musha? She has risen form the dead!

Misha… is not dead? Are you thinking of the wolf from the start of the Stormsong war campaign?

3 Likes

I’m guessing the hunter getting Rexxar’s autograph is the artist’s oc, which is cute.

Also, I relate to Ysera.

4 Likes

Good lord.

I like this lol. It gives me weird nostalgic feels from the old Warcraft manga (manhwa?) that was on print back during the TBC days, where it was more slice of life of various characters in the WoW universe.

I’m also a fan of the artists use of the character designs jumping around for some reason. Like Daughter of the Sea Jaina, World Shaman Thrall, even pre-leather corset Sylvanas lol.

1 Like

This is a wonderful piece of art. You just can’t sit there and look at it without having to really study all of it. There are so many characters in there. Love it!

2 Likes

I totally missed her on the first few passes.

Another fun Where’s Waldo: WoW edition is to find Wrathion. Well, him and a host of other characters like Nazgrim, Mr. Bigglesworth etc.

Worst. Polycule. Ever.

But yes, I can sense the tension emanating from both that table, and the Malf/Tyrande/Illidan table.

Also, for those versed in paladin lore, thoughts on the paladin table?

I see everyone’s favourite Blood Knight Matron, Uther on the left, Tirion with the Ashbringer, Exarch Turalyon. Who is the regal guy in the diadem and the man next to him?

I remember this piece when it first appeared in the WoW reddit. I liked it then.

Still like it now.

2 Likes

It just embodies the spirit of Warcraft so beautifully in how charming and characterful it is. When you factor in the adherence to lore, such as putting Anduin Lothar in there faithfully like his in-game statue representation, not to mention the technical talent, it is a stunning piece.

3 Likes

Makes me feel nostalgic. Feels like it comes from better times.

Of course, it’s only at the most two years old, since Jaina, Saurfang and Nathanos are in their BfA outfits. But it still feels timeless in its charm.

Omg this is beautiful!
:exploding_head:

I could totally see this in Heroes of the Storm as a Select Screen of your Heroes (maybe by game origin?) to go into battle maybe add a few playful NPC dialogs between them. Add a bit of RPG without actually affecting the game… :star_struck:

Oh Heroes of the Storm team, please make this Nexus place happen as a selection screen! Preetty please… with cherry on top! :sweat_smile:

You need to post this in Heroes of the Storm Forums… Hmmmmm maybe in Hearth Stone too, I know devs love to do this kind of stuff if given the chance to work on it!

Its just such a cool and beautiful concepts art! Thank you for sharing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I believe the regal guy is Saidan Dathrohan, he was the one replaced by the Dreadlord Balnazzar in Strathomle as head of the Scarlet Crusade. His replacement is what sent it down the dark road it travels.

The Other one is Gavinrad the Dire.

Both of them along with Tirion, Uther, and Turalyon make up the original Knights of the Silver Hand.

With Lady Liadrin being the Blood Knight founder that is quite a table for Paladins, missing the Hand of Argus and Sunwalkers though.

Well said.

And that’s a beautiful (and fun) piece of artwork. Thanks for sharing, @Pyrano!

1 Like

Maiev strolling in like the campus cop taking her job way to seriously.

2 Likes