A Pandaren Heritage subversion that the devs probably don't have the guts to try

If that’s what they wanted then they wouldn’t have left in the first place.

1 Like

God i hope, i really really wish to have some conflict and an exclusive alliance armor.
After all, the horde pandas helped Sylvanas on everything.

disgusting!
there’s a world of adventures out there, the turtle is too small for the alliance pandas!

2 Likes

And we’d do it all again too!

1 Like

Oh i know!
That’s why the tushui pandaren need to stop the dirty red pandas (and kick Firepaw on his nuts, just cuz)

1 Like

Ji: You know, I had the Horde figured all wrong. After we kicked out Garrosh it’s been nothing but cool, calculating elves and Forsaken and harmonious tauren. Where’s the passion? Where’s the fire?
Aysa: Tell me about it. Varian, Genn, Tyrande, all of these Alliance leaders keep charging in head-first, getting all worked up about their family and people. Don’t they ever think before they do things?
Both: …hey, do you want to trade places?

4 Likes

Perhaps. But not everyone is born with the conviction to reject the choice and walk a neutral path. Some may arrive at serenity by a longer, more winding path.

1 Like

yeah that’s cool and all, but you should join the glorious alliance!
and help us in our fight against the dirty horde!

1 Like

i was laughing for a good 5 minutes lol!

1 Like

I’ve spent the past 4 hours thinking about this.
Hell could Garrosh himself even be considered Huojin? He was a man of action sure, but he was rarely straightforward or impatient in his strategies. Garrosh loved setting traps and playing the long game. If anything he got most of his wins by baiting Varian’s impulsiveness. Varian himself admits this.

But he was also prone towards taking risks when a window of opportunity presented itself. Like the Twilight Highlands intro. Garrosh was actually fairly balanced between Huojin and Tushui which is probably what made him so terrifyingly effective.

3 Likes

You sure we’re talking about the same Garrosh? Guy couldn’t win a war against a kindergarden without Saurfang.

1 Like

The dude spent two full expansions dabbing on the Alliance.

1 Like

They should consider getting a new turtle.

Let the current turtle retire.

1 Like

Yeah and Pandarens can finally be truly neutral.

1 Like

I wager got at least 30,000 more years before he’s ready to retire

tfw Jaina was one spell away to turn Orgrimmar into a alliance only pool park

now i remember why i hate Anduin

1 Like

Bet she was feeling real validated after Teldrassil

100% durning Legion when Varian died

You know you are right about the bad writing, but I’m going to claim that for a different reason.

Yes, Horde can walk through the new Night Elf city. Because from my perspective as a Horde main player that city wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for the Horde.

I main a Troll hunter that was Nightfae for the entirety of Shadowlands.

From my perspective:

1. It was me as Horde who saved Tyrande from blowing up because of the Night Warrior power.

2. It was me as Horde that brought all the Night Elf souls out of the Maw.

3. It was me as Horde that brought Tyrande to the Winter Queen to speek with Elune and create the seed that grew the tree.

4. It was me as Horde that worked throughout Dragonflight to protect and plant the seed.

5. It was me as Horde in the Emerald Dream that fought off Fyrakk’s forces so that the tree could make the shift to the mortal plane.

So yeah, from my perspective as a Horde player we have earned, if not forgiveness, at least tolerance.

But even a step farther than that I think it’s bad writing that this tree is even becoming a Night Elf city. It shoukd be a World Tree for all the races, not just Nelfs, but the other Alliance and Horde races that made it possible.

The Nelves should have been rebuilding Hyjal since freaking Cataclysm as their new capital. They should never have been refugees in Stormwind. Hell, Darnassus should have been a secondary minor city by the time BfA happened.

Amirdrassil’s story should never have been about the Nelves finding a new home, they should have already had a new home in the city that was their home for 10k years. It should have been about the Nelves healing and showing all the races of Azeroth how to come together in unity to protect something bigger than any one race.

Sorry for the rant, this frustration has been building in me for a while.

2 Likes

I didn’t really think of this before but yeah that’s actually way more reasonable. Also yeah why ISN’T Nordrassil the new Nelf capital? They were already living there pre-Teldrassil and the Shadow’s Rising novel confirmed that they had moved there.

Old Gods and the Void are kind of linked. The creators of the Old Gods are called Void Lords, or were, it may have changed. Though at the start it was Arcane, then they decided because Old Gods were popular to just associate them with a bunch of lore that had plausible deniability when it came to the specifics.