[A] <Only Mostly Dead>

This post is mostly for those that volunteered to sign my guild charter. I originally decided to create this guild just for myself, but you all were so willing to help, I am rethinking my intentions. I didn’t really get a chance to have much of a conversation with any of you, so I will lay it all out below.

About me: I played most during TBC and WotLK last time around. I just came back a few weeks ago and haven’t quite finished leveling yet. I guess you might call me a casual raider. I did get my Kingslayer title during WotLK with a great guild and that was probably the height of my raiding career and enjoyment of the game. I intended to have this guild for all of my alts until I hit Outlands and then start looking for a guild for my main (Holy Priest). I want to be part of a guild that WANTS to progress, but doesn’t take the game so seriously that emotions run high. I’m a no drama kind of guy.

I am a multiboxer. Since they banned key broadcasting software, it is a little more tedious, but I enjoy that playstyle. I play 3 different classes/roles at the same time. Right now my “team” is a prot paladin, holy priest and fire mage. I only do this when I am playing alone/questing. I do not attempt to multibox in group content/dungeons/raids because I cannot be 100% effective with all 3 of them. My “main” in this case is my holy priest, so I will use him to do group content. Also, I don’t PvP. I just really don’t enjoy that aspect of the game and haven’t spent any effort to learn strategies for it so I am really not good at it.

Guild future: As I said, I intended for this to be for my 3 accounts and maybe a couple of family members that have their own accounts. I didn’t really intend for this guild to act like a normal guild. That said, I asked myself “Why not?” I know what I want in a guild, so there is no reason I can’t just run it myself. With that said, all of you that are in the guild now are welcome to stay as long as you like. Just know that you helped me get this started and I am forever thankful to you even if you leave for whatever reason.

I don’t promise anything from this guild. Like I said, I haven’t even finished leveling yet and it will likely be a month or two before I hit 70. The only thing I have to offer right now is friendship and a fun guild name. For the time being, I intend to run the guild like a benevolent dictatorship. I want to protect the name and existence of the guild for myself. That said, in a couple of months we will all know each other better and if we have at least a partial roster, we will need to make a decision if this becomes a raiding guild. If it does, I don’t think it is appropriate for me to remain exclusively a dictator, so the structure would likely change a bit. I will certainly listen to everyone’s input, but for now I’m focused on leveling, so I don’t want guild stuff to take up too much bandwidth.

For anyone else reading this that thinks this sounds like a great place to be, let me know. It doesn’t cost anything to invite you. We’ll see how this goes…

TL;DR - Hang around as long as you like. The rest of the story will write itself…