A New Beginning

A missive would be placed in the major cities of the Alliance and in Dalaran and even passed around to willing takers of the Alliance. The penmanship is elegant and beautiful, and seems to hold a professionalism within it.

Greetings,
My name is Ansleigh Veratrous. I am seeking to rebuild an organization that fell when Dalaran did when Archimonde was loosed upon the world during the Third War. This organization is called the Esoteric Conservatory, and it served many purposes while it stood during that time.
Its first purpose was to be a place of studying magic, sharing knowledge with other members and studying lesser known relics from around the world that were found. The second purpose was to serve as a home for those in need, if they were willing to perform duties while they were with the Conservatory. Lastly, the Conservatory had a goal to bring people of all magical skill together to learn from each other and to teach others what they learned.
While these goals remain largely the same, I have altered the rules of old. I wish to be able to accept those who cannot wield magical abilities. I also would wish to be able to locate any previously unknown relics that could pose a threat to any resident of Azeroth, research them, and either seal them away or permanently remove them so they cannot pose a threat. It would also be beneficial for us to offer our help to those who would need it.
Our numbers are very, very small currently and we operate from Dalaran. However, I hope that there are those among you who would help to rebuild this organization. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and feel free to send me a letter should you have any questions or interests.
-Ansleigh Veratrous, Grand Archivist of the Esoteric Conservatory

((If anybody has any questions or would like to chat, just send a letter to Ansleigh-Cenarion Circle. This is a new guild I am trying to put together. As such there are very, very few members at the moment. However, the hope is that this will change over time.))

3 Likes

A letter arrives on Ansleigh’s desk a couple days later, marked discreetly in an elegant, unwavering hand, with a generic Horde seal.

To Grand Archivist Ansleigh Veratrous,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. My name is Ondolemar Galebraver, and I am an ambassador of Silvermoon and advisor of the Doomguard, a Horde organization. My eyes around Dalaran took notice of your postings, and I felt it important that I extend a welcome and a sincere offer of help on behalf of the Doomguard in particular.

In the coming months and years, Horde and Alliance working together - along with our neutral brothers and sisters - will prove imperative to not only our world’s survival, as it has many times over, but its prosperity as well. The Alliance certainly has many organizations that would do a fine job in supporting you; however, my colleagues in the Doomguard seek to forge new bonds and offer what resources they can, should you need them. Research and containment of magical artifacts is a noble cause, and one they would like to aid.

If you would like to know more information about the Doomguard and what help they may be able to provide, please do not hesitate to write me or Commander Lithliana at the Horde embassy or the Doomguard barracks respectively.

I wish you luck and success in your endeavors, and may the Light shine always on the path you walk.

Sincere regards,
Amb. Ondolemar Galebraver

1 Like

((Hmmm… this Guild might be a good fit for my mage. I’ll have to chat with you about it soon.))

1 Like

((Feel free to send a letter to Ansleigh-Cenarion Circle or catch me when I get on! I would love to talk!))

–A scroll of simple parchment sealed with red wax marked with an “N”

Grand Archivist Ansleigh Veratrous,

Greetings from Stormwind, Grand Archivist. It has been written to me that you have begun re-establishing the once forgotten Esoteric Conservatory in the wondrous city of Dalaran. Such an endeavor will most assuredly be met with a unique array of challenges to which I wish you good fortunes in overcoming.

Through my assorted business partnerships it has been brought to my attention that several unknown objects - of presumably Vrykul origin - have made their way accidentally to Boralus harbor. In my, albeit limited, understanding of the Esoteric Conservatory, I do believe that the uncovering of the identity of these items is best left to the experts; in short, you.

I would like to petition the assistance of your organization with the identification of these most strange items. Once identified I would welcome your organization’s recommendation on further action to be taken regarding these relics.

If this interests you, please seek out Mr. William Cresswell in Boralus at the "Hops, Line, & Sinker Brewing Company’. Mr. Cresswell is a well-established Quartermaster aboard the ship Fog Hopper currently docked in Boralus and has a well valued history of business relations with myself.

In Peace,
Foravin Nash

((Cresswell is an alt of mine; the alt that I think would be a good fit for your guild. Feel free to add me on Btag GJKnutsen#1863))

1 Like