A modernized LFG

If classic TBC needs any changes it’s a LFG tool that is modernized. This version of wow requires so many dungeon groups because of reputation needs it will be impossible for casual/everyday players to continue playing if not incorporated in some way.

I don’t believe no changes is out the window with a store mount or drum changes, I literally could care less. This issue however is something that will create dead servers if not changed

Agreed.
Boosts, GDKP, and gatekeeping are all killing servers. A good LFG tool can cut some of that.

2 Likes

I swore I read somewhere that they will be updating the LFG tool for TBC(think more user friendly as in the LFG tool in retail). It’s not, however, going to be retail’s dungeon/raid finder that auto finds you a group and teleports you into the instance.

Yes they will be using an updated interface and no unfortunately there wont be a matchmaking system as far as we know.

Yes, talk of a LFG tool has been in the news but nothing confirmed. I’m glad I haven’t been completely flamed here, proves we do indeed have some grown ups on the forums these days :smiley:

vulpera death knights

1 Like

I think the appetite for a retail like dungeon finder tool is very very low.

It’s very rarely mentioned, what most people ask for is an updated version of the dungeon queue tool in game that just lets you see what other people want for a group etc, which is something I believe Blizz are adding in TBC Classic.

It would be a nice feature as long as it didn’t teleport people to the instance. An LFG tool that just finds a tank/healer/3dps for X dungeon and puts the group together would be fine

2 Likes

I guess taking a flight path to a dungeon is pretty important huh?

It’s more a disgust than a lack of appetite. If they added a retail dungeon finder I’d never log in again. There’s a reason I haven’t played retail in years.

1 Like

I mean yeah, I was just being nice haha.

The dungeon finder is the exact opposite of the design principles of Vanilla and TBC.

I would enjoy a bulletin board type LFG tool where people post what they are looking for or offering and people can then apply/communicate based on that.

I am opposed to automated group formation and teleportation.

Investment in the group increases people’s commitment and social niceties.

Ea while in retail you got people bailing 5 minutes into the dungeon because it is quicker to bail and reque after 10 more minutes than to stay and finish. Calculus changes when it takes 20-30 minutes to actually form the group and constantly bailing will lead to less invites.

I like the idea of people being able to search for what they’re looking for but not providing a teleport to the instance, just like bgs. My only 2 concerns is how do we avoid a flood of leveling boost posts and the “pst achieve/gearscore” requirements

If you’d stop playing because of an optional feature added in the game then good. The community would be better off without somebody like that.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.