A Minor Request, All Things Considered

TBCC is different from a mainstream GAS product with active new content development.

It is a recreation project design to (as closely as possible) mimic a game that already…happened and went. The idea is that since once TBC ended, we essentially lost that game forever. So everyone who loved TBC for what it was…basically lost the game they paid for.

Until now. This is why it’s important that changes are minimized to things deemed absolutely necessary and non-confrontational to the original design of TBC.

Most changes thus far fall under that wing, and the ones that don’t (arena/pvp changes) have been massively criticized for being terrible for that aspect of the game.

The pvp situation is basically our mascot for why the less changes, the better. We’ve gone down this road before.

This is a good reason to get something added to Shadowlands, but not TBCC.

1 Like

Would be strange for Draenei since hairstyle changes also change their head cosmetics as well. Although I guess you could fathom hairdresses are also performing some kind of facial reconstruction surgeries through arcane magic or something like that?

:rofl:

Because tbc is a 16 year old expansion maybe??

Huh? Explain.

So are a lot of things. That’s how we go from some changes to all changes.

Implementing a change with the justification that “it’s wanted” is an all changes philosophy because you can use that to justify any change.

Fun is subjective. Changing your race / gender might be fun for you. For others, transmog is fun. And others think LFD is fun.

So unless you can come up with better reasons, it shouldn’t and it won’t be added.

There’s a reason they’ve ignored these requests.

Nope. Because #SomeChanges.

No. It’s not.

So you argument is to list a bunch of things added to a game to make it fun and your conclusion is that they shouldn’t be added?

January 16, 2007 is when tbc came out originally. The code does not have features like name change or sex change on the client. Those things came in wrath and later. But good news, Shadowlands has it :slight_smile: and if they do add something like that they will lose more subs then they would gain. People would revolt. The players that played tbc originally don’t want things added that was not in the game… like duel spec. I know they have changed a few things in tbc but that does not mean everyone can ask for silly changes that are not needed or wanted by the majority.

You can say this until you’re blue in the face. That doesn’t mean the changes YOU want should come.

Nothing really more to say then that. If/when WotLK classic comes, there will likely be a barber shop. Until then, you are welcomed to relevel a new character with your desired appearance.

1 Like

Yup! I remember it well!

Interesting to look back at an old game and figure out how it worked, I guess, right?

Nice!

No. They’d probably enjoy another aspect the game has today that it didn’t have back in the day.

Yeah, maybe a few folks would. Then they’d keep playing. Kind of like everyone who revolted when Blizzard said they would do a boost and Rift Stalker mount, etc.

I played TBC originally. I want Dual Spec.

Looks like you’re incorrect.

Good thing the majority wants it:

It doesn’t not mean it either. Means I can spend time here doing the feedback thing as much as the next person.

So you said there’s nothing more to say than that and then you follow up by saying more? Okay, so given there is more to say I’m going to say that getting the barbershop early would fantastic and I’d love to get some cosmetic changes in TBC Classic!

#SomeChanges!

I’m absolutely sure some people left because of the boosts and store mounts. Maybe not right away, but seeing that mount all the time just breaks the nostalgia for a lot of people.

1 Like

So am I. Just as I’m absolutely sure some people left Classic WoW because they hated the lack of any changes.

i know it seems like such a purely cosmetic thing doesn’t matter, but it actually does. you made a choice to be male. you need to stick with it. choices matter in non-retail. you either accept this or go to retail

1 Like

I quit swimming because I like, totally hate water.

1 Like

I quit writing full sentences because

#somechanges != #changeeverything

And again, even though Blizzard is making changes, you still have to justify the change. “They’ve already changed x, y, z” is not sufficient justification for changes a, b, c.

1 Like

Lots of people want lots of things. This can be used to justify anything. “Fun” is quite subjective. I mean, an NPC that hands out free raid gear for zero effort might be fun to some people, but it would destroy the game.

Yup! Just like that guy who asked the Blizzard panel to remake Vanilla WoW. :money_mouth_face:

If people want things, it just means they want them. Pretty straightforward.

And…?

When did they do this?

thats called karazan

1 Like

If you could change your sex with the click of a button, it would invalidate all the neckbeard’s hard work and dedication. They thought long and hard about their character’s gender. Take that away from them, and what will they be left with? Absolutely nothing, which is surprisingly what they previously started with, but let’s ignore that fact okay?

Hopefully you will learn a valuable lesson whilst leveling for 100 hours on your new female orc. We wouldn’t want you to invalidate any of the in-game choices that no one inside or outside of the game even cares about.

Please consider others before you come up with these ideas. Unless it’s about dual spec. That’s okay.