A little explanation

Hey i’ve been pet battling for a while now and I’ve noticed something can anybody explain to me why the Npc pets or basically any pet gets to go first three times before you hit them once I’ve had several battles where the NPC pet went three times to my one hit first off it really making me frustrated thanks

It depends on the pet and what moves they use.

Each pet has a speed rating. Pet with the highest speed goes first. Flying pets have a 50% boost to their speed until their health is below 50%.

Some moves allow for multiple attacks or an extra one if they go first.

hard to give an answer because it would be a very specific case

make sure you carefully read the ability that the opponent is using
they probably have more speed than you, and/or they are stunning/interrupting your pet

When you want something explained please copy /paste the pet battle details from chat and tell us the tamer and the pets involved. We’d all be happy to look at it for you to see what is going on. There are speed differences, multi-hit moves, stuns, counters and misses that could be relevant.

As the pet battle window disappears the moment a pet battle finishes, I change the settings of another window, (I use Party,) to show pet battle details. That way I can check afterwards if something has seemed odd.

Cool thanks I’ll try and get the pics if I remember it’s just random pets that do it I was just really wondering if I was doing something wrong

There are a few pet abilities that automatically make your opponent impossible to hit for your next two attacks. For example, if they go first and throw Blinding Poison or Bubble your attack misses this round and the next. If they were slower you miss next two rounds.

I wonder if its a multi-hit ability that hits 1-3 times in a single turn that the OP is seeing and mistaking it for 3 turns.

Taralune, in Draenor comes to mind. The first pet in her line-up starts with Counterspell and follows with Cocoon Strike. Both these abilities do damage and are intended to cause the opponent pet to miss. A player unfamiliar with Taralune’s strategy will experience what the OP described, 3 hits by the enemy before landing any hit of their own. Its clever game-play, and a unique pet able to equip both counterspell and cocoon strike at the same time that explain at least partially how these things happen.

1 Like

We can get a pet of our own that makes us unhittable for three rounds as long as we’re faster. S/S Crimson Octopode can Bubble, then two rounds later Dive.

Drawback of course is that we haven’t damaged opponent at all for 2 of those 3 rounds, while they can heal or buff, and the attack Octopode could get off once is kinda wimpy.

Fast rabbits can do this with dodge and dive. They can attack while dodge is active as well.

1 Like