[A] Lightbringer! Do you have what I'm looking for?

Hello, Lightbringer!

/wave
/bow

My name is Oopsydaisy, and I am back! I used to be on LB, back in 2014. But I had swapped realms after my guild died. I even spent some time on the Horde. What I’ve come to realize, is that there are usually a ton more social/casual guilds on Ally side. Not too many on Horde. I’m not sure why that is? But Horde guilds I’ve found usually tend to be super into hardcore raiding, and not the social aspect of WoW.

So, here I am, again! Back on LB, looking for a social/casual guild! Now, what I’m looking for is pretty specific. I dream of an ally guild that does guild events together, weather it be old t-mog farming/old mount runs, guild PvP, or fun games such as WoW Darts, or a scavenger hunt! I also want to join a guild where their discord is active. My favorite is when the members get into disc anytime, to talk, not just when there is an event going on.

So, basically… I don’t care if you raid, just know that I am not interested in that part. I’m pretty willing to do other things. My favorite thing to do in a guild is get to know the members, chat in disc with them, and do stuff together!

I don’t really care how big or little your guild is. I feel like well established guilds are sometimes hard to become a part of. Everyone knows one another, sometimes there are even cliques.

If you’re a smaller guild, and perhaps newer… I want to let you know that I can help (if you’d like me to). No, I won’t try to take your guild over. I just like being helpful. I am also a pretty decent recruiter, when given that task. I love talking/meeting new people, and I usually don’t have any trouble talking to new folks.

A bit about me: I am 36/EST. I have been playing WoW since The Burning Crusade. My sleeping schedule is usually pretty messed up. Currently I’ve been staying up past 4am (EST) every night. So, I’m usually available to chat with. Currently, I am playing a bm hunter. I am also considering moving my Frost DK and Ele Shaman from Horde to here, but it is SUPER pricey, so I’m sticking with Hunter so far. I also have a few friends that might want to join as well.

Anyway, if you could tell me a bit about your guild, please post your recruitment spam, here on this post. If you need to get ahold of me in game, go ahead and give it a whirrel! I am also available to be contacted on either Disc or B.tag.

My info:
Disc: boxcarbinny#6587
B.tag: boxcarbinny#11991

Looking forward to hearing from y’all!
:heart: / Oopsy

2 Likes

Hi Oopsy,

The Watch is a casual guild on LB, and we are currently looking to add some new members going into SL, but we are more concerned with personality and how well people get along than raiding skill. We do raid and run M+ and some like to PvP, but we tend to jump on discord when we can, and we are more active in the evenings as we are mostly working adults (20s to 50s) with families and dogs, etc…

We do also get together on Disc for other games like FFXIV and a group of us play pen and paper Pathfinder over Disc using Roll20, so we are definitely into the social aspects, but I can’t promise a full Disc server every night. We have a raid coming up this Thursday; if you would like to join us and check it out I would be happy to send an invitation. You can also reach me online at Dralnor#1462 if you would like to chat.

Thanks,
Dralnor

I’m on the same boat as the OP, however it’s been a while since I’ve actually played. WoTLK was my last actual playing experience, and have just finished leveling my toon to 120 and primarily looking for people to talk with and if I get back into it, a role raiding. Currently apart of The Watch community, but it seems to not have any action. Is there more upon the discord server you speak of here? Prior to making a move to a server, looking to actually enjoy the people I may be playing with.

We just created the community and are working on getting members to join. I will be online on thursday, i can provide the discord information for you if online or any member of the watch. We realized transfering toons is an expensive endeavor and do not want people who are unable to transfer be included in the guild.

Hi Hornybynatur, I’ll be online this evening and would be happy to talk to you about the guild. If you are interested in getting to know the people more, you could roll a new toon on Lightbringer that we could invite to the guild, that would give you more visibility on the people and if it may work for you. Try before you buy a transfer.

I would add that the Community system in WoW is ok, but it is sometimes difficult to type in both guild chat and the community chat, and while our members are getting used to the community, it isn’t yet instinctive to chat in /4 vs /g. So perhaps joining on a temporary/low level toon to meet the team may have a better result.

Still on the look out for a casual/social guild!

2 Likes