[A] Kiwi/Aus guild recruiting

Hi folks

I’m recruiting ahead of the release of Classic, to try and build a bit of a crew that can support each other as we level and head towards end-game dungeons and raiding.

The levelling experience in vanilla is rooted in the genre of WoW being massively multiplayer. Many more people ran dungeons as they levelled and made a whole lot of friends along the way. The world was huge with lots to experience and that experience was magnified if you were part of a guild that supported and helped each other out as you progressed.

If you are looking for a guild where you can just hang out and chat, ask for help, discuss game mechanics and the experience overall, and expect to delve into the Molten Core and Onyxia’s Lair at level 60, then read on.

Are you a progression guild?
No, we won’t be a progression guild. This is for people who work full-time and have families but still want to play Classic and enjoy everything that Level 60 has to offer. Just at a slower pace than guilds that have members who can put in hour after hour.

What are the requirements?
I ask just a few things:

• Be open and willing to accept all different kinds of players, with different levels of experience and different real-life commitments
  • Have a good attitude to the game in general and towards your guildmates, regardless of how they choose to play; be willing to help others where needed, albeit dungeon runs, supporting alts or helping people with group quests
  • Be willing, as you approach level 60, to work towards reasonable gear for raiding
  • Be free two nights a week for three hours of dedicated raiding progression
  • Be communicative. Let me or the other guild officers know if you can’t play for a bit, or if RL gets in the way of your own progression and commitment. This is about community and helping each other enjoy the game; but understanding that sometimes life itself prevents you from doing everything you may want to do in Azeroth.

Is this guild only for Kiwis/Aussies?
We will be raiding according to NZ times (9 p.m. to 12 a.m. NZST two nights a week), but anyone can join the guild. I live in New Zealand and during my time in WoW I found it difficult to find other Kiwis who played. I always ended up in Australian guilds and had to raid according to their times. Which meant an earlier start but usually a finishing time that wasn’t super late.

I’d love to have a guild made up entirely of Kiwis with the odd Australian thrown in, but chances are it won’t work out like that; Australia’s population is five times ours, and I figure not a lot of Kiwis trawl these forums. If you can make intended raiding times or are looking for a guild that is most active during NZ or Aus peak times, this could be for you.

Do I have to have played vanilla WoW?
No. But I suspect many people who are going to jump into Classic experienced vanilla WoW to some degree. There may be a few dabblers or people who started in TBC or Wrath, but I predict that the majority of those who stick around will be veterans coming into this with a nostalgic view.

I hope that other players won’t be prejudiced against you if you want to be part of a friendly, semi-casual guild but don’t have the street cred of having played during vanilla WoW. This guild is a place of acceptance, where anyone with the right attitude and willingness to learn and improve can find a home.

If you didn’t play in vanilla, you may be disappointed at how different the game was back then. I wouldn’t be surprised if a large percentage of dabblers give up on Classic. I’m looking for people with dedication, who are willing to level to 60 and enjoy playing with like-minded people as part of a supportive community – this will likely be a majority of oldschool players.

What is your guild called?
This is the real question, isn’t it? I have a few names in mind, but I’m going to put the guild name to a vote once the game goes live, for two reasons:

• If I name the guild now, there’s no guarantee that the name will be available when we get the guild charter up
  • Collective or at least majority agreement on the name will give people more investment into the guild

I understand that some people may not want to commit until they know what the name of the guild is. If you apply to be part of the guild and you don’t like what it ends up being called, I won’t hold it against you if you don’t want to stick around. We will have many weeks if not months ahead of levelling to 60 and recruitment, so I don’t expect a full 40-man raid of committed members when Classic goes live.

That said, I am hoping that those who are happy with the choice of name when the time comes will be willing to pitch in and help pay for the guild charter. If I remember, it costs 10g to purchase a guild charter. As silver is hard enough to come by in the early stages of the game, the more people who pitch in, the sooner we will be able to secure the name that we agree on.

If you are accepted to the guild pre-release, I will share with you some of my ideas for names – and we can even have a robust discussion around what to call ourselves before putting the top few to a vote.

How do I apply?
Hop on Discord and come say hi. I’d love to see what sort of interest there is from my Kiwi brothers and sisters, as well as our cousins from across the ditch. If you know anyone that may be looking for an NZ/Aus guild, point them towards Discord as well.

Discord suffix: pPN32VG – Remember to add Discord.gg/ to the front.

If you have any further questions, message me on Discord: Lokhor#2882.

1 Like

So basically you hate Australians?

Hey, Im keen! Australian and those times suit.

I’m planning on being a maim tank on a Warrior if that is suitable for you.

When I’m home I will message on discord.

2 Likes

I’ll be playing horde, but it sounds like you have the right idea and I hope you get a good group of people around you. Bonus for the aussies is they’ll all get to have a laugh every time fishing comes up!

You didn’t mention if you’d be on a pvp or pve server though - that might be useful for people who are considering.

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking whichever server type people preferred. Personally, I like the safety of PvE, but if enough people were keen on the thrill and challenge of levelling on a PvP server I’d consider it.

@Tugis I look forward to hearing from you.

Alliance {OCE} Oceanic PVP Server Kiwi/Ausy Guild

New Zealand raiding guild 7-10.30 pm NZT Wed/Thursday optional Sunday for semi hard core players. Pocketbacon#1282

So thats 5-8.30 AEST or Ausy Time

DISCORD LINK HERE https:// discord.gg/VgESjhG ( Remove the SPACE BEFORE THE D)

We have many keen PVPers lead by a classic High Warlord we want to dominate PVE and PVP.

We have several Mythic raid leaders from hard core prog guilds (Frostmorne Alliance) , Also NSFW Guild jokes and adult content are required:) 18+

Looking to Level Semi Fast 4-8 weeks on average. Casual Players Welcome.
Also Anyone that was in the Guild ArtofWar on Jubi Thos in Vanilla shout out to your GM Arcon orc Shaman (was Hord)

We have several Mythic raid leaders from hard core prog guilds (Frostmorne Alliance) , Also Supper NSFW Guild have fun.

Loot will most likely be loot council with a monitoring system.

Looking to Level Semi Fast 4-8 weeks on average…