šŸ¼[A/H Pandaren Event] The Festival of Lights(Updated Post) 6/30/19

So it has come to my attention that there is a large two day Midsummer Event going on during the originally planned event time. Would anyone be opposed to me pushing it back a week so that I donā€™t attempt to compete with a rather large event?

Not going to lie. I had our Dance of the Earthmother event moved to Friday so we could go to this event. I will have to check this to see what is decided.

So it would be Saturday the 29th? Iā€™m committed to the Troll Run on that day (run start 6 pm PDT)

I agree in principle with avoiding doubling up with other major events. OTOH sooner or later there are going to be overlaps.

EDIT: & considering you posted over a month ago, while they only announced less than two weeks ago, Iā€™m not convinced you should be the one to shift dates.

I canā€™t really give an opinion, but if you diiid move it back, Iā€™d be able to attend since Iā€™d be back by then! Itā€™d be a shame to inconvenience others for that, though. A shame that event had to be scheduled at the exact same time as yours. Hopefully there wonā€™t be too much overlap if they both remain on the same day.

Oof >< I didnā€™t know people were moving around other events for this one.

Yeah, first post was like in April? Did that to give more people and avoid things like this. But I doubt they would change it if I asked. There event goes from 4-7 so it will overlap mine by two hours. I donā€™t know how popular it is just responding to a heads up someone gave me about it. Next time around I will make sure to keep the date of the event in the topic title to help remedy situations like this.

I might just bite the bullet and keep it the same date. If I change it people who arenā€™t actively watching the thread might end up not getting the information. But it is up to everyone else. I can do it Sunday, the 23rd or push it back a week to the 29th/30th(Tho I now also realize Shadowbringers early access so that might also be a hindrance.)

Youā€™re holding it in Mistfall, correct? The second teahouse for this month is on the 30th. Wouldnā€™t mind having something to double or triple the potential customers. :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously though. 30th would be fine with me - just include teahouse on the vendor list :smiley:

I think I will go ahead and push it back then since we got two people going for it. Also gives me more time to prepare.

The one good thing about it being pushed back (rather than forward) is that at least if someone shows up to the original date and asks around, they can still take note and schedule time to come for the actual, later date, since itā€™s not like they missed it already. If it helps Iā€™ll try to spread the news in whatever Pandaren groups Iā€™m a part of. 0-:

Apparently I am supposed to work on the 22nd (even tho this period Sat/Sun are my days off) So it is good I did move it to the 30th or I would of had to call in lol

As you see Taran, things have a way of working out.

Iā€™m with Jinseon. Iā€™ll spread the word through both Pandaren & non-Pandaren channels. IC & OOC :slight_smile:

Quilen & Cloud Teahouse ( on the 30th folded into this event) normally leaves Mistfall as a group between 10 & 10:30 PM to visit the Wanderers Festival on Turtle Beach. Festival of Lights is scheduled to end at 10 PM. Since Wanderers Festival includes floating lanterns, fireworks & bonfires it seems like an appropriate excuse for an afterparty.

So we invite any who havenā€™t had enough celebrating by 10 to join us there & bask in the afterglow of the Festival of Lights.

Just so itā€™s clear, Sunday is actually the 30th. The festival would be on the 29th then, right?

Yep! It will be Sunday on the 30th I just realized my mistake when editing the main post thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Sunday! Got it. I shall be there regardless of what day it will be on. Looking forward to it.

Itā€™s a good thing I logged in to check the thread. Been working a lot, so I forget to check the forums and stay on top of things. Anyways, I posted the new date on our guild calendar!

Got my mog on for Chi-Ji. Got my mog on for the auction.

Updated the Post! I am unfortunately having problems linking the map. I do not know if the forums are acting up or if I lost my trust level 3. I will try later tonight after work.

Worse comes to worst put the ā€œpreformattedā€ marks ( </> on the menu) around it. The we can CnP it. :slight_smile:

Yeah looks like I have to. Going to be salty if I lost my Trust lvl 3 I grinded high elf threads for hours for that lol

Had to change forum characters but giving this a bump! Since today is the day! I will be around an hour before the event for any questions.

Canā€™t wait!

If Iā€™m on early, Iā€™ll open the teahouse. If that happens, will announce it here, community channels & in-game.