[A & H Casual Guilds] Sword(s) and Rose(s) Tavern

We’ve spent a long time wandering the lands of Azeroth. Our journeys have taken us far both inside and outside of the game, and at the end of the day, sometimes it’s just nice to have somewhere to call home–a place where people know who you are and respect you for the words you’ve shared and the things you’ve accomplished, no matter how great or small. Here at the Sword(s) and Rose(s) Tavern, we’re ready to welcome you with open arms; we invite you to become a part of our family, and to take your seat at the bar, or the back table, or the nook under the stairs and enjoy the camaraderie that only those who have wandered far and journeyed long can truly understand and appreciate.

Who We Are:

We’re a couple in our 40’s who are still enjoying World of Warcraft. We’ve been playing since the game was in beta, and we cemented our relationship a few years after the game’s release. At one point in time, we raided, roleplayed, and PvP’d with the best of them, but as time has gone on, we’ve had other things in our lives that have taken priority away from our game time. We still push our limits at the start of new expansions and realize what we really enjoy as the slog sets in. But we’re not elite; we play to have fun.

We are on the West Coast and consider ourselves progressives; we do not tolerate bigotry, and we are not here to argue with you about the finer points of American politics (though we’re happy to discuss them.)

We both thought it would be nice to create a space for older gamers, like us, or gamers who are on the West Coast or play during later times than the usual Moon Guard crowd. We’ve got two guilds–one Alliance (Sword and Rose Tavern,) and one Horde (Swords and Roses Tavern) for people to join.

In essence, we envision our guild (and perhaps IC tavern, once we have the time,) as being like the old sitcom show Cheers. In practical gaming terms though, we’re casual-friendly in every aspect of the game. Would we like to do M+ dungeons? Sure. Do we care if we time them? Not really. Will we get mad if we invite you to do something and you decline? Nope. Do we want you to feel welcome to join us or to ask for help if you need it? Absolutely. Will we pause and banter ICly with you if we see you out in the game world? Probably. Do we care if you return the gesture? Only if you want to. We do ask that you respect that this is a roleplaying server, however, and ask that you don’t have ridiculous names or start chatting about the game or movie you’re watching at home in the public channels. It can really break others’ immersion in the game world, and that is counter to our aim as a guild.

All in all, we’re pretty laid back and are here to have fun, be good to one another, and be a safe place for people to have a guild tag without needing to worry about all the requirements that most guilds desire from their members.

What We Ask of You:

When you join us, you’ll be considered a Newcomer–not that unexpected. You’re welcome to invite your alts, and they’ll join us as Newcomer alts. Please add your most main character to the names of your alts though, so we can know who you are.

Once you’ve been around for about a month, done a thing or two (contributed to the bank, or helped with a guild achievement or two, chatted in guild chat, helped a guild member or two, run a dungeon or three, or grouped up with others for some gaming fun,) you’ll join us as one of the tavern’s Patrons. And if that’s all you want out of your gaming experience, that’s where you’ll stay until you’ve been with us a while and become one of the Oldtimers. Oldtimers are those people who’ve been with the tavern a while, are known to others, and probably have a stool at the bar that everyone will tell you is theirs if you happen to accidentally sit in it. However, if you’re ambitious, or find yourself with a lot of time on your hands such that you want to create events for the guild, then there’s a place waiting for you with the tavern Staff.

The Staff are asked only to contribute one event a month to retain their employment. This can be as simple as creating a “Guild Mage Portal Day” in Oribos, to as silly as a “Mount Parade” through Stormwind. It doesn’t have to be big or long; it just has to embody the joy and fun of the game in some way and involve the guild.

There’s only one another requirement for the Taverns, and that is that you at least stop by once every four months or so. Should your main or alts lapse for longer than that time, we’ll bid you adieu until we see you again. You are always welcome to return, however, and we’ll be happy to see you!

Ranks:

Caretaker: Channyn -A/Amarys -H
Caretaker: Cerril -A/Vinceer -H
Staff
Staff alts
Oldtimer
Oldtimer alts
Patron
Patron alts
Newcomer
Newcomer alts

How Do I Join:

Feel free to contact any member of the guild for an invite, or if you’d like to discuss your involvement first or if you have more questions, contact Channyn/Amarys in-game (Btag: Argentrose#1553 ) and she will be happy to answer them.

One Last Thing:

We do have a Discord channel for anyone that wants to join us there, but it’s not required.
Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/F5C9HfdH9s
We also have a Community dedicated to the same principles as our guild, which anyone, regardless of guild or server affiliation is welcome to join. Again, not required.
Community Invite: https://blizzard.com/invite/zjBWw23Tv2x

THANK YOU! We look forward to seeing you in Azeroth and the many worlds beyond!

3 Likes

Bumpie bump for fun ideas!

1 Like

Thank you, Alice! I’m looking forward to working with you in the coming weeks as we bring the tavern vision alive for an end-of-the-month Alliance event. Hopefully next month we’ll put together a Horde tavern night!

We are still looking for members; so, if you’re interested, drop me a line here, or at any of the other mentioned places. We’d love to have you join us.

I know I haven’t been around as much this week as I’d like, but the SO started up Persona 4 Golden, and we’re slogging through it together. laughing So if you don’t see as much of me in-game, that’s why. I am still about, though, and I can’t wait to hopefully see some of you at the tavern night. More details will be coming soon!

1 Like

There’s a new Behind the Bar today! You can check out the post here:

1 Like

Hey there, everyone!

We’re getting closer to our inaugural event, and we hope you’ll join us! You can find out more about it here:

We’ll also hopefully be available this Sunday for the Job Fair in Stormwind if you’d like to check us out. (Pending availability. Apparently there is bacon to be had and lunch to be treated to; so, we’ll see if we manage to make it back in time.)

If not, though, please feel free to contact me here on the forums, via battletag, or in-game if you catch me there. We hope you’ll consider joining us, and we look forward to working with you all here on Moon Guard!

1 Like

Just three days until our first event!

If you’d like to know more, please check out our event post here:

In the meantime, we’ve been busy behind the scenes with RL and doing our best to hop in-game every now and again when we can. We were out at the Alliance Job Faire last Sunday and met a lot of great people. We’ll definitely be doing that again in the future.

Looking ahead to April, we’ll be helping out the Merchant’s League in Booty Bay on April 11th, and the Swords and Roses Tavern will be having their inaugural opening for the Horde! More details on that coming shortly!

Until then, stay safe; stay healthy, and be kind to one another. :rose:

2 Likes

There’s a new Behind the Bar up!

1 Like