A forgotten topic on the CC forums, concept of an alt, alt friendly gameplay

IMO, Devs should provide a good blue post with their concept of Alts, a lot of threads here about this is alt friendly or isn’t regarding systems, it’s because players doesn’t know their concept and among the player base there’s mixing ideas.

During Blizzcon Ion told us that SL will be alt friendly, maybe for Devs it’s alt friendly, from my POV it wasn’t even spec friendly at the start with the mix between covenant power and activities like M+, Raid, PvP that require different powers and those needed to be like talents without any friction to change.

Some concepts from the forums are like:

• players think that alts should be equal to mains without equal work

• players think that alt should have any system unlock, questlines that main does, only gear and leveling required.

At least for me, I would like the second option even for systems like the cipher, why? because the cipher even with not timers for alts, it’s just boring to grind, specially with Blizzard only adding like 7-8 possible dailies to Firim, doing the same content on alts will make the content monotonous and it’s not fun like doing a M+ or pvp with a different class, at least IMO doing WQ, Dailies doesn’t represent that change of class that Alts provide.

IMO, Blizzard is now competing against other games that don’t use Alts , the same character can do everything or there’s a account gameplay focus.

Without a clear vision of what’s the expected from Alts, players will continue this endless pointless discussion, I miss WoD/MoP times on which only legendary questline were required per character and then gear :upside_down_face:

1 Like