A few macros I've made with explanation

ROGUE
- Improved Tricks of the Trade

#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
/cast [@mouseover, help,nodead] Tricks of the Trade; [@focus, help, nodead] Tricks of the Trade; [@targettarget, help, nodead] Tricks of the Trade

Tricks of the trade will be cast on targeted mouseover if that cannot be found it will be cast on your focus and if there still is none it will be cast on your target’s target (usually the tank).

- Symbols of Thistle Tea

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod][harm,nodead,nomod] Symbols of Death
/use [mod:shift][harm,nodead,mod:shift] Thistle Tea

Symbols of Death will be the default choice with a modifier of shift to allow you to drink a Thistle Tea, both restore energy.

- Kidneyblade

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod][harm,nodead,nomod] Kidney Shot
/cast [mod:shift][harm,nodead,mod:shift] Nightblade

Self explanatory default ability is Kidney Shot with the modifier shift casting Nightblade.

WARRIOR
- Heroic Charge

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,nomod][@mouseover,harm,nodead,nomod] Charge
/cast [@cursor,mod:shift][@cursor,harm,nodead,mod:shift] Heroic Leap

One of my favorite macros, on mouseover you will charge to that target even if you already have a target that you are attacking. The modifier will Heroic Leap to your cursor for mobility or additional damage.

DEMON HUNTER
- Fel Retreat

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Fel Rush;
/cast [mod:shift] Vengeful Retreat;

Mobility macro, rush forward on standard use, press shift and hit the same button to disengage and fall back.

- Improved Metamorphosis

#showtooltip
/cast [@cursor] Metamorphosis

Leap to your cursor entirely skipping the green ability placement circle right into demon form.

MAGE
- Polymorph(Random)

#showtooltip
/castrandom Polymorph(Black Cat), Polymorph(Pig), Polymorph(Rabbit), Polymorph(Sheep),Polymorph(Turtle),Polymorph(Polar Bear Cub),Polymorph(Monkey),Polymorph(Porcupine)

Entirely dependent on if you have these unlocked already but this ability will randomly cast one of the Polymorph spells.

WARLOCK
- Improved Healthstone

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Create Healthstone;
/cast [mod:shift] Create Soulwell;

Just feels like a more fluid ability this way. Shift modifier to place a Soulwell for raid and PvP.

MISCELLANEOUS
- Horde Flag of Victory

#showtooltip
/targetlasttarget
/run SendChatMessage(SecureCmdOptionParse("[harm,exists,dead]plants the Horde Flag of Victory in the corpse of %t."),“EMOTE”)
/use Horde Flag of Victory
/use Horde’s Might Firework

Upon killing an Alliance player target as Horde, skewer them with a conditional emote that will mimic Flag of Ownership text a Horde flag and in game shop red faction firework.

- Alliance Flag of Victory

#showtooltip
/targetlasttarget
/run SendChatMessage(SecureCmdOptionParse("[harm,exists,dead]plants the Alliance Flag of Victory in the corpse of %t."),“EMOTE”)
/use Alliance Flag of Victory
/use Lion’s Pride Firework

Upon killing a Horde player target as Alliance, skewer them with a conditional emote that will mimic Flag of Ownership text an Alliance flag and in game shop blue faction firework.

1 Like

You have so much extra stuff in them that does nothing because macros evaluate left to right. Below are optimized macros.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] [@focus,help,nodead] [@targettarget,help,nodead] [] Tricks of the Trade
#showtooltip
/use [mod:shift] Thistle Tea; Symbols of Death
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Nightblade; Kidney Shot
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,@cursor] Heroic Leap; [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Charge
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Vengeful Retreat; Fel Rush
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Create Soulwell; Create Healthstone
2 Likes

I appreciate you trying to shorten my macros but for a few that you did like the warrior heroic charge changed the functionality of what my macro does removing the mouseover when out of combat.

And the tricks of the trade macro that you shared does not work the same. That is the shared broken code from Icyveins and Method that I based my code on. Unfortunately longer ugly code is required sometimes to get specific results.

I would be unable to use Signals of Death in your shortened modified version because that is an ability and needs to be /cast.

I like your healthstone and demon hunter macro.

I added a target fallback to the charge portion ya (and ToT). If you don’t want that the optimized macro would be.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,@cursor] Heroic Leap; [@mouseover] Charge
#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] [@focus,help,nodead] [@targettarget,help,nodead] Tricks of the Trade

What’s broken about it?

/use and /cast are synonymous in most situations and both can be used with spells.

I stand corrected, you were right the first time