A couple ideas to fix underperforming hunter runes

I’ve been playing hunter through the phases, and had a few ideas to make more rune choices viable, some of these would be fairly niche or only useful in pvp/ solo play, but could be fun changes regardless, and make me feel better for getting every rune. (except nature specialization, why would I ever need that)

Head: I actually think all of the head runes are fine as is, and regularly use all of them (catlike for solo play/ pvp, rapid killing for rag because landing traps for L&L is impossible) I think a nerf targetting lock and load is inevitable, and if it does need one, may I recommend having it only trigger off of fire traps?

Back:
Hit and Run: revert it to 15% speed bonus from raptor strike, but also make that speed bonus stack with aspect of the cheetah, and cause ONLY ASPECT OF THE CHEETAH to not daze the hunter when hit (we don’t need aspect of the pack shenanigans)
Improved Volley: I think the inbound change is great, and make this the correct AoE rune (if L&L gets nerfed, still too strong)
Resourcefulness: no notes

Chest: Honestly, I could see all of these runes seeing play next phase (if Lock and Load eats a nerf) except for cobra strikes. I can’t think of a single universe where Cobra Strikes beats out Beast Mastery. (maybe move CS to back?) Master Marksman should probably get a slight buff so it competes a bit more, as I think a ranged non-BM build with a pet could be good (W/ L&L nerf)

Wrist: All good as is, honestly
Focus Fire: I’d love to see this ability remade a bit, either to make more abilities trigger it, or to make abilities that currently trigger it generate additional charges based on focus cost, I’ve already written way more about focus fire than can fit here, so I’ll just link that post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/1espq95/sod_a_simple_way_to_increase_hunter_pet_variety/

Hands: I actually really like the new setup for hands, we melee single, melee AoE, ranged single, ranged AoE. I think carve could use a bit of a boost (maybe hit it with the dual wield spec treatment) but other than that, this slot is great.

Waist: expose weakness is a bit boring, and steady shot is literally worthless in comparison, but that’s not news

Legs: I use all of these runes regularly other than kill shot, which I’m led to believe is great in PVP, so this slot is also probably fine

Feet: All good options, this slot could probably eat a ranged rune from another position if Lock and Load is to be nerfed, as I dont believe Trap Launcher will be useful in the future (RIP T.N.T.) Maybe move steady shot here to fill the space where you were previously launching trap?