A Couple Bugs on M1 Mac - Burning Crusade Classic

Hello, I just wanted to report a couple bugs that I’m noticing on my M1 MacBook for the 2.5.1.38707 Burning Crusade Classic client. I would’ve attached links to the post to show examples, but it won’t let me.

Bug Details:

• Graphical Artifacts on Character Models - There seems to be green/purple squared artifacts that are appearing on textures for clothing, character eyes, Night Elf tattoos, and even male Night Elf teeth.

• Unable to Purchase in Game’s Shop - Inside the Shop menu in the character screen, I’m not able to purchase any of the options available (Dark Portal Pass, Deluxe Edition, Character Transfer). As it stands, selecting Purchase will open the blue Battle.net popup window but then it will immediately close.

System Info:

• MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
  • Apple M1 (8 CPU cores, 8 GPU cores)
  • Memory 16GB
  • macOS Big Sur 11.3.1 (20E241)

Additional Notes:

• I’ve noticed generally lower performance from the Retail version of WoW on the ARM client lately. I wonder if its issues has been transferred over to BC Classic’s client as well?
  • To bandaid fix the graphical artifacting, I run the WoW Classic client itself via Rosetta. Interestingly enough, this gives me higher FPS than the ARM client does.
  • Vertical Sync seems to be enabled regardless if I enable/disable, but I may be missing something.
6 Likes

I’ve had the Unable to Purchase Game Shop issue on both M1 and Intel Macs. When you select Purchase it opens a “connecting to shop” pop-up window and then that switches to processing and then it disappears leaving you at the shop window.

Same shop issues for me on an M1 MacBook Air. Cannot purchase character clone. I do not have a Windows PC in the house as a workaround.

M1 Mac mini
500gb storage
16gb memory
Big Sur 11.3.1
issue occurs in:
Burning crusade Beta and Prepatch clients without add-ons.

I seem to get a livable frame rate but I notice every15 - 20 seconds the video freezes/hangs for 2-3 seconds.

Same problem for in game shop, using an Imac

BLIZZARD WE NEED A SOLUTION FOR THIS…

Blizzard help… Every time I’m in Stormwind I feel like I’m on El SD. The colored squares on certain character armor models is really really funky…

1 Like

im still getting these green/blue/purple graphical artifacts on all characters other than mine on my m1 mac mini. anyone have a fix for this yet?

try minimizing wow character screen, by using the finger gesture on the mouse, then reopen the window. That fixed it for me. But you have to do this every time lol.