[A] <Carte Blanche> is looking for Convicts and Handlers!

(A)

IC Story/Theme: An off the books division of SI:7 made up primarily of convicted criminals forced to do dangerous tasks for The Alliance. These prisoners are caught between the carrot of a shorter sentence and the pointy sticks of the handlers. The unit is compelled to carry out only the most dangerous of missions where expendable is a beneficial trait.

OOC Information: The idea borrows heavily from DC’s Suicide Squad in premise. The guild will be RP-focused but I very much want to do heroics and small raids both IC and OOC as a guild. Roleplay around the dynamic of differently aligned characters forced to work together should make things interesting.

Almost any character can fit into this guild story wise. Anything from a disgraced military officer demoted into this dangerous and difficult role, to a falsely convicted hero forced to fight alongside hardened criminals.

Your character might even be something like a twisted and powerful warlock, but if you wish to join with any kind of Evil or Chaotic type characters it needs to be from an OOC understanding that some cooperation will be required. A long-term plot where your character breaks free of handler control is absolutely on the table but some OOC communication is required ahead of time.

Convict characters are not going to be treated horribly IC or anything like that. I want them to have freedom and autonomy between these deadly missions they’re obligated (ICly not OOCly!) to join. That doesn’t mean handlers are not watching and trying to keep them from committing other heinous acts in the meantime!

Rules:

1. Keep IC/OOC separate
  2. No power-gaming/godmoding
  3. No meta-gaming
  4. Prioritize cooperatively telling a good story over “winning”
  5. Don’t be a jerk

Feel free to reply here, whisper me in game.

1 Like

A really interesting concept! Looking forward to meeting your guild in game!