[A] Any small or medium-sized active adventure guilds out there recruiting?

Hey WRA!

I was wondering if there are any active (at least semi-mature) adventure RP guilds out there anymore? They’re getting hard to find when you’re not looking for something big (or not looking for anything that does mass invites/no interview or anything) when they used to be pretty common it seemed.

I’m looking for something preferably that leans towards monster/witch hunting, magical artifacts, anomalies or something generally DnDish, though things like treasure hunting and just general adventure guild stuff is good too (so long as there’s some IC excitement involved - combat/recon/research/etc). Not looking for anything military, noble, trade, blatantly evil/cult or super race/class based (diversity in characters is the spice of RP!). Strongly prefer something small or medium sized - nothing where individuals just blend into the crowd unless they’re one of the ‘main characters.’

Are there any guilds like this out there anymore?

3 Likes

Picks and Pints

1 Like

Monster/Witch-hunting you say?

Me and my new group, Darkwood, are taking on the challenge of mixing the werewolf with the witchhunter. Pitting the greatest fantasy predators against the strangest of supernatural prey. Heavily inspired by The Witcher 3, Van Helsing, Drustvar, and The Witchwood hearthstone expansion.

There’s eleven of us at the moment, and we’re worgen only so far. Even so there’s grown a diversity in the array of player characters, from Kaldorei-worgen to Gilneans, and from warriors to warlocks.

I plan to introduce an affiliation with duskwood’s “Wolf Cult”, so as to give the worgen that mystery and secrecy at the heart of the shifter werewolf genre. That is, admittedly, cultish, but not blatant as a Fel or Twilights Hammer guild. For now I’ve been focusing on the witch-hunters aspect, hosting monster hunt d20 events when I have the time.

If the monster/witch hunt adventure peeks your interest, and you’d be comfortable playing/becoming a worgen (kaldorei and human toons are fine too, as their alternate form), then you’re welcome to join in on the hunt.

https:// us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769767618
https:// discord.gg/wk34ZsB

This is exactly the kind of thing we do (though on Moon Guard, so…limited utility). That said, we also have a small and highly curated community for people elsr-server, and I post RP events to both guild and community. I’m getting ready to start our next artifact acquisition run in January, if you’re interested. Ping me on Bnet, Shinnorah#1801, if you want to find out more. Otherwise, best of luck in your guild search!

I got beaten to the punch for advertising my own guild, I’m an awful GM.

But nah, PnP fits the latter description of what you like. Though we do dabble a little bit in trade RP, the vast majority of what we do revolves around treasure hunting, exploration, and magical artifacts. Everything from fighting the monsters that defend them, to discovering magical curses, to beating rival treasure hunters in a race to the artifact… And we’re a smaller sized guild (though with a lot of alts so our actual number shown is inflated) with a focus on giving every character an opportunity to shine.

Treasure hunting dwarves? I’m a mining Dark Iron with a pick and often a pint! How does a dwarf find more info on this guild?

1 Like

Fanciest we get is this here forum thread. Otherwise, just grab an officer in-game and we can chat!