No more CMs? What next?

Guess we can say or do what ever now as the last one was fired. What ever happened to Lore saw him post like once ever on some pvp thread. Miss when he did Tank Spot at least he didn’t seem dead inside.

Really sucks that all the CMs are gone rip wow forums.

8 Likes

Apparently, based on a recent blog posted on fanbyte, they not only got rid of some CM’s but also some game masters, and likely moderators, who knows exactly, but all would fit their targeted layoff demographic of non-developers/administrative types.

Things could devolve into the wild west here on GD, a total dog eat dog ecosystem where only the strongest survive.

Let me know how that turns out. I’ll be lounging in my fishing chair and sipping strawberry daiquiris along the streams of Grizzly Hills.

/moo :cow:

3 Likes

In game is going to have issues too I think.

I don’t believe we have confirmation that every CM was laid off (would seem to be super unwise)

It does seem like some of the more active CMs were axed though which is a little confusing

2 Likes

That a gamble you want to make? :wink: I think you would end up quite surprised.

I know he streams GTA RP or something in his free time, I honestly do not know really when it comes to community interaction outside of far and few between posts when the planets align. A lot of his work is off of the forums though I honestly also don’t know details on what he does. I am wondering whats going to come of WoW community interaction moving forward with the restructuring. For all we know we may end up seeing a lot more lore moving forward or maybe even faces we are unfamiliar with normally :slight_smile:

Bornakk is still around :slight_smile: While I have no idea what is going to come of the restructuring in Blizzard I am sure he will start posting more. I mean, at the end of the day no one will ever be able to truly replace our glorious Overyak and this is honestly extremely heartbreaking. I really looked up to Ythisens quite a bit so today has been pretty heartbreaking :<

11 Likes

Lore is still around also.

Me thinks the OP is exaggerating a bit. Understandable considering today’s news but lets not take it to the extreme.

Byucknah, I hope you are right.

I will miss Ythisens, but at the same time I would be remiss if I didnt say that communication here still needs work.

In some areas…a lot more.

I just hope this doesnt result in longer silence…thats not a good outcome.

4 Likes

They got rid of the best CM as far as at least showing presence that they have had in years…I doubt things will get better in that department.

3 Likes

It really does :confused:

You are not the only one worrying about that, trust me. Personally I am keeping a positive outlook but lets be frank… the future is uncertain in so many ways so its kinda hard not to worry or feel uneasy.

4 Likes

The mighty tree Bashiok was sad to see him go in WoD. Also it was more of a joke just sad to see good people advocating for the players gone.

They didn’t listen to any Beta feedback at all. No one wants a game where we push 4 buttons also, things all still b open like guild permissions etc. The CMs used to actually send feedback but that back and forth seems dead.

Edit 2.8k replies on the broken guild permissions nisnt enough to get a real Blues attention… Even though 2.8k people’s guilds could have dozens of members

1 Like

These forums are now as empty as WoWs content. Let anarchy reign

3 Likes

Ive already written some things off, anyway :anguished:

Even I know not to tilt at windmills anymore.

Byucknah…its been a fun ride…but my sub ends in May. Unless I see some changes…shrug

1 Like

looks left an right, than tackles the nearest person

GIVE ME YER JACKET!

2 Likes

/glances around

Huh, I didn’t realize the forums were that lively and packed full of content… but if you say so.

FLIP ALL THE TABLES AND TILT ALL THE PICTURES ON THE WALLS!

Er, wait, don’t do any of that actually. That’s actually probably a really, really, really bad idea.

1 Like

steals byucknah’s jacket

2 Likes

Maybe they could spice things up with a selfie cam. Beats anything in game atm

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together , mass hysteria !

2 Likes

Greens are the Free Blues they don’t have to pay? Really it would be nice to see a weekly water cooler discussion about $h!t that needs to be worked on. They used to have the Dev Water Cooler insight and I haven’t seen one in years. For being so massive etc their communication is so slow and so out of touch it’s astounding. I know they don’t want to knee jerk but 2 months+ is far too long for some feedback and fixes. If we were that slow at my job I would be with the laid off crew.

/asphyxiate

Mine!!

/takesalljackets

i was so close to ruling the universe!

1 Like