Mythic Sire Denathrius Tuning Adjustment

With a hotfix that is now live, we’ve made the following adjustment to Sire Denathrius on Mythic difficulty:

• Phase Two now ends when Denathrius’ health reaches 37% (was 40%) or after 225 seconds (was 210 seconds) on Mythic difficulty.
    • Developers note: Our goal with this adjustment is to make Denathrius’ final phase a bit more forgiving on Mythic. We considered simply reducing his health, but felt that could be needlessly disruptive during his first two phases, so we’re instead opting for a more targeted approach.

This hotfix is live on NA and EU realms, and will be in effect for other regions after their restarts for this week have concluded.

1 Like

Cool for you mythic guilds out there.
Stretches feet in the room

1 Like

bad change don’t think this was neccessary change.

Denathrius had almost the perfect enrage timer for guilds progging on this boss, most guilds just need that one pull where nobody chimps out in P3 to get the kill.

This pretty much guts p3 This makes p3 far too forgiving. What’s wrong with the ultimate boss of the raid having a tight check for guilds?

3 Likes

In b4 “bad change”…

…damn too late.

8 Likes

Lol, they are quick.
Cackles and wiggles toes

2 Likes

Let me counter that by saying “good change”. They nerfed the fight without changing the timings massively. This helps guilds still progging as well as guilds reclearing. :+1:

4 Likes

Hopefully the next raid is a little friendlier about letting power creep making the fights easier over time.

4 Likes

They pulled the ripcord!

2 Likes

I’m gonna say its a good change, a health nerf would have actually felt really bad for P1/P2 like mentioned. But now this makes SLG the hardest boss in the raid… unsure if thats intended.

2 Likes

no it literally doesn’t.

1 Like

I don’t understand why they feel the need to continually nerf content over time. Fix the blatant issues early on and let it sit. If groups can’t finish, they can’t finish, and that’s fine.

3 Likes

lol no it doesn’t.

1 Like

Video games are for fun. The guilds who have cleared it already got their glory. I don’t see any harm in giving those who are struggling a helpful hand. It’s not like it matters all that much.
Wiggles toes

5 Likes

Video games are for fun, and if you’re participating in that sort of high-end content, “progression” is the fun part. It’s not progression if it’s handed to you as a consolation prize for taking too long.

3 Likes

Yes this. And if people really want to do it for it’s own sake, then they can do it in 9.1 with a higher ilvl. Leave it alone. Mythic raiding is for the challenge, make people earn it.

2 Likes

Well, I use to be a mythic raider and I don’t care if others had an easier time than I. Still had fun and excitement when we dropped bosses.

1 Like

well… we’re still progging on danny, had our fingers crossed for a kill this week.

would have been nice to get him pre-this-nerf, but it will still feel good getting him. hopefully this week. maybe.

6 Likes

Shhh, nobody tell them that normally by this time in the expansion we already were quite a few weeks deep in the next tier and progression on this boss would be irrelevant.

Chances are, 99.9% of those who could kill it pre-nerf already have.

Disagree, killing a boss after nerfs when you were so close doesnt feel good. After getting insanely close on SLG and they dropped all those massive nerfs on them, we killed it in 6 pulls first night of nerf. Felt so lame.

1 Like

Wouldn’t the preferred diminutive be “Denny,” perhaps stylized “denny,” as a slight to his bourgeoise status by using lower-case?

:upside_down_face: