9.2 priest tier set bonuses

Absolutely hate the 4-set bonus for Disc, it’s trash in raid, no one is gonna cast penance between 2 PW:R while ramping.

Makes u wonder if it counts the 4 piece proc since it’s kinda a dot. Or transfusion.

It’s written as 15/3 in spell data. So 5% per main shadow dot, same as dark thoughts currently is.

The PTR should be launching this coming week so we’ll have to see what else they have lined up for class changes.

I like the sound of Shadow 4 piece bonus, but the 2 piece just seems boring

I also worry it’ll make the spec feel to spammy, like a mage spec using price all the time. I don’t want that

Hoping they change it but I doubt it

I though it will give the dot tick they own chance to proc DT, but it seems that it will just increased the % of fly, we still need to channel MF, I do really miss the way it was before specially on PVP . :cry:

I would love to see some sort of tier set that has a interaction with PoH, potent enough that we could have a viable non FC lego play style again. Being punished for pressing anything but 2 spells the majority of the time feels really bad, and not rewarding. Holy Priest has one of the most diverse healing spell layouts, with spells similar to almost every other healers “niche” spell. This diversity should be rewarded and encouraged to be used. Its alarming to me the lack of feedback on the Holy Priest class, especially in comparison to Shadow Priest and Disc.

3 Likes

They could make somehting similar to what they’re trying to do with Resto shaman and Chain Heal.
Our tier set bonus could empower our next PoH 100% increased healing, instant cast and free.
idk something like that. If it is undertuned numbers can change, but I see having random procs of those PoH were more entertaining than just more CDR no our holy words.

I’m holding back feedback on the Holy set until I can actually test it on the PTR and figure out exactly how it’s going to fit in on different scenarios. Should hopefully be Thursday.

Something very simple for a 2pc could be that if your 3 HW are on cooldown, your healing and damage is increased by X%.

But this is boring :confused: It doesn’t change playstyle or add something new to the rotation. It’s just an increase on healing and that’s it. Kinda like a shard of domination but a tier bonus.

I think tier sets should either open up a new way for your spells to interact, or amply reward a player for doing what they already do well. Going for the second option isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it’s much harder for holy when the typical obvious reward of ‘More healing’ doesn’t solve any of the specs problems.

A tier set bonus won’t fix Holys on-going lack of representation on high-end raiding. If you combine MW Monk, Holy Priest, and Resto Druid together they’re only 20% of the healers that have killed Mythic Sylvanas. It’s not a lack of HPS, but community perception, and the ongoing damage absorb/mitigation meta.

They’d have to basically completely butcher disc to the ground to make holy appear viable again, but that’s not exactly fun for disc players.

2 Likes

I’m not really asking for a bonus tier that makes us meta healer.
I just want a fun interaction.

More CDR for our HW or just a % increase on healing for me is boring.
I’d rather have a fun interaction that makes my class look fun instead of just pumping my HPS to the roof.

Numbers can be tuned they can literally just make a fun interaction with PoH and buff the spell 500% if it’s undertuned.

Bonus tiers aren’t really gonna change the meta of the classes. At this point for that to happen they have to nerf Absorbs, dmg and utility on the predominant healers and that doesn’t seem to be happening in this expansion, so I just focus on fun for this returning system.

1 Like

I’m not sold on PoH as being the saving grace for Holy though because of its lack of smart AI in raids. It was only the absurdly high amounts of mastery (90%+) and azerite armor traits that actually made PoH good because echo of light would be like 60% of your healing (or more) back then. You spammed PoH on the raid and the echo of light HoT did all the work.

But again, I’m not focusing in numbers. Just fun.
PoH is a fun spell and there could be fun interactions to make it a usable spell just as an interaction with the tier bonus, not saying it should be our main healing ability(Kinda like what they want to do with Chain Heal with Resto Shaman for their tier bonus)

If the bonus is undertuned then it’s just touching the numbers. Let’s concentrate in the fun part first.

Example: 4p → Your renew tics have a chance to make your next PoH instant cast and it’s effectiveness increased by 1000%

That’s an absurd example, but I find that a funnier and interesting interaction than just having to cast 4 heals instead of 6 to get my serenity back.

Well I sat there and wrote my essay up about the holy priest set bonus. Too drained right now to test the other sets:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/class-set-feedback-priest/1143959/26

1 Like

The effect stacks charges so you’ll get two super powered penances during the damage phase of your mini ramps which is big. Depending on fight we might not get to use penance at all in big ramps with spheres harmony as our dual.

Will go great with The Penitent One Legendary

Finally educated myself on the current playstyle of Necro Shadow so I can finally understand why that set bonus was trash. Mind Flay is literally 3% of your damage and you hardly cast it with how fast insanity generation is now.