9.2 priest tier set bonuses

Disc:
(2pc) Casting Power Word: Shield or Shadow Mend has a 15% chance to make your next cast of Shadow Mend have no cost or cast time.
(4pc) Power of the Dark Side increases the effectiveness of Penance by an additional 45% and is triggered when Power Word: Radiance is cast.

Holy:
(2pc) Your Holy Words begin Divine Conversation, increasing the cooldown reduction of your next Holy-Word-affecting spell by 15 sec.
(4pc) Divine Conversation increases the effectiveness of your next Holy-Word-affecting spell by 35%.

Shadow:
(2pc) Dark Thoughts has an additional 15% chance to trigger for each Shadow damage over time effect on the target.
(4pc) Consuming a Dark Thought causes your shadow to animate for 8 sec. Your shadow follows you, dealing (138.4% of Spell power) Shadow damage to your target over the duration.

Here are the priest tier set bonuses for 9.2! Everything is subject to change but share your thoughts!

I actually like these set bonuses. I think disc will be very potent with the guaranteed power of the dark side. Could this also be potential for PWS spam with Shadow Mend weaving? The shadow set is also seems very compelling.

I wonder how the interaction between the 4pc Holy set and Harmonious Apparatus would be.

1 Like
  • Disc becomes more mana efficient.
  • Shadow gets way more Mind Blast procs. Like an insane amount.
  • Holy gets insane single target burst with Resonant Words (18-20k Heals) and Salvation can potentially be knocked down to a 3 minute reset. It opens up potential synergy with Harmonious.

Still need to see the class changes though.

4 Likes

Shadows is… Quite bad. For single target it’s pretty acceptable but has a very degenerate effect on the rotation.

For AoE is does nothing. Squat. Zilch.

Then compare that to pretty much every other DPS bonus, which are not only good ST, but scale in aoe by either giving free aoe spells or vastly increasing the frequency of spender casts.

11 Likes

Are this disc bonuses placeholders or something ? It just cannot be real

More overhealing for those raid ramps. Oh and don’t forget to completely waste a penance proc when you double radiance :stuck_out_tongue:

I know these are first drafts but compared to other classes I feel like priest got shafted.

6 Likes

oh don’t worry, resto shaman is much worse

I agree, from a pvp standpoint these are pretty garbage as well. Never cast mind sear, mind flay, and mindblast is used when when there’s nothing left to press. Pathetic damage.

The WW bonuses while not exciting, they make them do more absurd damage with modifier % increases.

This is the problem with borrowed powers, it’s either feast or famine for certain classes.

I’m gonna do my review based on fun gameplay, not numbers. Numbers and viability can be tuned but fun gameplay is something you can not change very easily.

It’s meh. It doesn’t change your playstyle but you can get random moments of free Shadow mends and powerfull penance after every radiance.
It’s ok, not that special tho.

Boring AF.
I don’t get why Blizzard keeps making all the time via talents, tier sets, conduits, legendaries to make us reduce more our Holy words cds.
Probably number-wise is the most powerful effect but dam it’s boring af.

They lost a big oportunity here to make PoH a useful spell again.

Again this actually sounds like a fun interaction to the gameplay of shadow priest. idk if numbers are correct, but Procs of Dark Thoughts are cool, and 15% chance for each dot sounds like a lot.
And the “your shadow animates for 8s” wtf idk even understand how that is but sounds cool.

Overall disappointed for the healers set bonuses. Specially Holy

1 Like

Resto Shaman one had me all confused because they made Chain Heal useless the entire expansion.

Have to wait and see if they make any actual class changes. It would take huge number of tweaks to PoH to even make it remotely viable. My FC Heal does 220 less healing than Prayer of Healing and costs 1300 less mana to use. To even make PoH viable it’d need a big +30-50% hps boost and a big mana cut. Just not going to happen on the last patch IMHO. They don’t need to make it the main heal button either. It just needs some actual use because it got deleted off my hotbar a while ago.

The Holy set bonus isn’t bad by any means if you look at it from the context of Holy Word Salvation reductions. It’s a 4.5 minute reset under normal circumstances, but I don’t see why you couldn’t get it down to 3 minutes now or even lower. As potential HPS gain you’re getting 1-2 extra salvs on a fight depending on its length. I would need to test it on the PTR though.

I run Holy Oration + Light of the Naaru for keys and with a new rank of Holy Oration + that 4 piece bonus Serenity becomes a 4 cast reset instead of 6. This is a fairly donky HPS gain w/ Resonant Words + 2 piece bonus for healing keys.

It’s also really strong for PvP and would make up for the nerfs we got.

1 Like

Seems like a lot of wasted procs and healing across all three specs.

2 Likes

The disc bonuses look pretty neat for M+.

1 Like

Apotheosis + 4pc bonus with stun talent in m+ is going to be absolutely busted, because every (35% buffed smites by the way!) you get your chastise back, so you can smite, chastise, smite, chaste, smite, chastise every 2gcd and basically stun-rotate every mobs in the pack while doing godly amounts of damage.

Chastise wouldn’t be a 1 cast reset under Apotheosis it would be 3 instead of 4. Also, the damage output of 1 minute Boon resets (with Lego) would blow away Apotheosis anyway.

Shadow’s is trash tier gameplay.

Dark Thoughts is a mechanic which makes no sense from what they had butchered from beta, so the fact that they made a tier set around it is confounding.

5 Likes

You can use boon leggo with apotheosis ? Don’t quite understand what you are trying to convey.

Yea but I’m not talking about numbers, I understand our tier set bonus is quite good in terms of effectiveness.
I’m mostly talking about fun and gameplay. Numbers can be tweaked.

Reduce cd on holy words is boring and burned.

And about PoH I wasn’t trying to make PoH our main healing ability but something interesting like “PoM procs might give u a chance to make your next PoH free cost 100% increased healing” something like that or “PoM procs might give u a chance to make your next PoH no cost and instant cast”.
Again numbers can be tweaked to make it viable but this for me is a way funnier gameplay than just “hey now your holy words reducers just reduce more cd”

Shaman tier bonuses affect chain heal in a way to make it an interesting ability (And chain heal is a dead spell like PoH too this xpac) to add into rotation, not making it the main ability but you know… add something new and interesting.

Little confused here, does shadow’s increase the chance of getting dark thoughts or is it a +15% multiplier on the base chance on getting a proc? I would assume the latter.

Not place holders. These should have been baseline changes to disc toolkit :rofl:

15% total increase, 5% per dot on the target. 8, 16, 24% per flay tick total.

Really bad word description then as it says 15% for each Shadow damage over time effect.