9.2 Datamining has begun

Blizzard just said that there would be no more PTR builds until January.

1 Like

Haha!! My wild speculation was correct!!

I feel justified in making silly, strange, senseless guesses now.

My next totally accurate prediction: Next expansion will have giant worms returning.

8 Likes

So we can have more BfA quality stories?

1 Like

So still nothing for Night Elves and their souls in 9.2 :roll_eyes:

The writers really can’t help themselves when it comes to obliterating the night elf souls…

Like Naraxas from Neltharion’s Lair or the crystal worms from Deepholm?

What do they talk about?

1 Like

They will probably preach about how good Sylvanas is now because she helped freeing him and how she’ll return to the Horde now or some nonsense

At least it wasn’t Xavius’ soul or Genn breaking a soul lantern.

9 Likes

“In life, Pelagos was assigned at birth as a woman. Has chosen a physical form that reflects his true self, and that true self is male” (c)
But now he tells us that no, actually his real path is to become death judge? He change his mind pretty fast. Or now we should call him as it? Since Arbiter is just a machine with a soul.

this is a yikes post on multiple levels

1 Like

I am sort of uncomfortable being quoted in this context. I likely should not of called it a dress, though that was certainly my hot take at the moment I saw it. I still find the model weird, but I think it is due to the proportions. It feels off. Like… weirdly stretched? I dunno, it is unsettling, somehow.

Anyways Peligos is still a He, as he is still in there. He was not wiped clean as was feared.

1 Like

Both. It will be both. My 10,000% accurate prediction.

3 Likes

Xavius makes much more sense, and no one ever considered the lantern to be a valid option given that happened before Ursoc died.

We were very directly told before Shadowlands launched that the Arbiter had broke early Legion, which already immediately implies that this is yet again seemingly another sudden narrative swap.

There were arguments here a year ago that Stormheim somehow took place after the Nightmare raid (which it obviously doesn’t). It was a very strange theory that I think was made out of wanting to vilify Genn or something.

7 Likes

I think it was a mix of villifying Genn, and a desire for it to be anything but Argus. We knew it happened during Legion at some point, so people took a microscope to all possible events in Legion. Gul’dan was speculated too, as was just about every non-demon power player that died (I recall a few outlier Il’gynoth picks).

But villain-baiting Genn was definitely a factor. Some people misinterpreted the whole scene with the lantern to make Genn somehow the instigating factor of BfA, which makes no sense at all.

But mostly, all of you, every last one of you, kept casting unfair aspersions, aspersions I say, upon my canonically correct theory that it was Argus all along!! You called me crazy. You called me demented. You called me a fool, and even dared call me… Wrong!!

Well, who’s wrong now?? That’s right, you guys, not me!! You all said it was far too dumb for even Blizzard to use!!

Well I called your bluff, and now I claim the title for all time of Most Accurate Plot Prognosticator of the Story Forums for All Time!!!

Try doubting my too-stupid-even-for-Blizzard predictions now!!!

9 Likes

Danuser has liked Game of Thrones Season 8 so he would go for the least likely(to his mind) path every time!

Teldrassil being burned by Sylvanas is too obvious? She burns it!

Sylvanas is obviously going to become the Arbiter? Pelagos becomes the Arbiter!

Argus being the cause of the Arbiter shutting down being too stupid? Argus is the cause!

The Margraves are made out to be important Raid Bosses? Kill all but 1 off and redeem that 1 Margrave!

Drust are made out to be important Villains in Shadowlands? Get rid of them in the Night Fae Questline!

Night Fae need Lore Development? Give it all to the Drust and Night Warrior!

Helya deemed important? Throw her out of the Shadowlands!

The Runecarver being the Primus is too obvious? He is the Primus!

So is Blizzard going to restore some previous dynasty to the throne of Stormwind allowing the Alliance to be Villain-batted by a Megalomaniac? Depends on how likely it’s deemed…

10 Likes

No, I hereby announce my spoilers regarding the Alliance. Doubt if you must, but as we have all seen, I am canonically correct in my predictions.

Anduin will return to Stormwind as king. But after his time as Almost-Arthas, he has moved on from his emo-goth phase. He will cut his hair into a spiked mohawk and talk about fighting the establishment.

Genn will complain about Anduin’s music, saying boy kings today don’t know what real music is.

Dwarves and gnomes of all kinds will remain as they were in BfA. Expect them to see more development in three to six expansions.

Draenei will be there.

Void elves, who are former blood elves who are former high elves, will splinter. One group will remain void elves, and the other shall dabble with Life magic, becoming very in tune with nature and calling themselves Tree Elves. They shall grow themselves a new tree-city off the coast of Stormwind, and it will be magnificant. They will talk about how easy it was and how beautiful it is. They will proudly proclaim it as a place where Tree Elves and humans can coexist.

The night elves’ lands will be invaded, 87% of their remaining population is no longer remaining. But all will be well later, when they forgive their murderers. The seven night elves remaining live together in a small encampment outside of Stormwind.

3 Likes

I have seen this atleast once before.

1 Like

I was thinking of you when I typed it.

I do hope you get something soon.

1 Like

I wonder why people are up in arms about the Argus reveal? It was one of the most discussed theories.

Most people were 100% sure it was Denathrius with Remornia or an Anima bolt. I wasn’t certain, but I thought the Argus theory was valid. I thought a direct attack from Denathrius was unlikely because there was no visible wounds or damage on the Arbiter.

I also made a post about it a while ago. About perhaps the Dreadlords planning to break the Arbiter ever since they learned of Argus the World Soul. That they were sort of marinating Argus for an eventual death that would send him to the Shadowlands instead of the plane of order.

It seems like that is exactly what happened. So, it makes sense to me.

8 Likes