[9.1.5 PTR] Announced changes to the Hunter class

Crumb’s… and small enough to starve a mouse.

OP has been updated to show all announced changes to the class.

Perfect! Frank has been very sad not being able to tickle lots of mobs since this abomination took affect. Sad part he’ll only be able to play with so many “friends” for about a month after this goes live. As End of December both of us are going on hiatus until I feel WoW gets back the fun factor.

Give me more ST damage. Please Blizzard.

1 Like

One thing i ask before 9.1.5 drops. Could we make stomp talent not break traps. Barbed shots part of our main rotation. Makes zero since for stomp then to be tied to main rotation breaking our traps in pvp. Its terrible design

2 Likes

October 25th - Class Tuning & Bug Fixes

Source: https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/patch-9-1-5-ptr-development-notes-for-october-25th-class-tuning-and-bug-fixes-324625

General

• Hunter
    • Binding Shot (Talent) root effect can now break upon receiving enough damage. Damage threshold to break is higher than other roots.

• Developers’ note: We recognize that Binding Shot has become part of a Hunter’s utility package and want it to remain a powerful root that has a lower chance to break on damage than other effects.
    • Freezing Trap now removes active Murder of Crows debuffs on the target when it is applied.

• Beast Mastery

• Bestial Wrath’s tooltip has been updated to better match its functionality. No functional change has been made to Bestial Wrath.
    • Marksmanship

• Fixed an issue that caused Marksman’s Advantage (Conduit) to remove stealth from targets when Hunter’s Mark was cast.

• Fixed an issue that caused a player’s Marksman’s Advantage (Conduit) to be removed from targets when another Hunter applied Hunter’s Mark with the Marksman’s Advantage conduit.

• Survival

• Fixed an issue that caused Coordinated Assault to require line-of-sight to your Hunter pet.

Player versus player

• Hunter
    • Fixed an issue where Hunters could capture flags in Battlegrounds while under the effects of Feign Death.

• Beast Mastery

• Fixed an issue where Burrow Attack’s (Exotic Ability) cooldown was unintentionally reduced by Kindred Beasts (PvP Talent).

Torghast

• Hunter
    • Petrified Pet Food damage now correctly increases with each stack of the Anima Power.

Source: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ptr-915-development-notes/1082616/24

The Hunter Binding Shot change from this week’s PTR update has been reverted.

• Developers’ note: Due to an oversight when changing Binding Shot from a stun to a root, Binding Shot was not updated to obey normal root rules. During our bug fixing process, we updated it to break on damage in 9.1.5. However, we realize this is a big change and that Binding Shot has become a powerful tool for Hunters. As a result, we are reverting this change and allowing Binding Shot to not break on damage.
4 Likes

Gotta credit where it’s due. They apparently listened to feedback.

3 Likes

I never understood why any root would break on damage. Roots are just like the other CCs that DON’T break on damage. It’s also not a true loss of control, so why Blizzard even thought to make it break on damage in the first place is a bad take. A stun and a root are not one and the same, and roots are so easy to break. If it’s a MAGICAL root, that’s even better for those who can dispel.

I think this is bad ammunition that Blizzard still doesn’t know what they’re doing. Forget that some of us have been here for 17 years; any fool can read up an article on crowd control. This however does show they have a decent self-awareness.

1 Like

I thought the difference between a root and a stun is that roots DO break with damage.

Well, back when Binding Shot was a Stun, if the affected moved, damage would break it … Thats how I remember it being…
Lets try to clear this up… Binding Shot was a Tether, if any affected moved 5+ yrds, it became a stun.
edit: It was a common move to throw Binding Shot, then drop an explosive Trap on the Affected, causing a stun.

^ This.

Well if they are keeping it the same, its good. It has a place in M+. It is useful in PvP, so Blizz recognizing the change was not good, is a good thing.

9.1.5 PTR Class Tuning Hotfixes October 27

Hunter

• Marksmanship

• Aimed Shot A powerful aimed shot that deals (273% of Attack power) Physical damage.

Effect #1 School Damage
      Value: 0 (AP mod: 2.73)
      (Pvp Multiplier: 1.11.15)

• Rapid Fire Shoot a stream of 7 shots at your target over 2 sec, dealing a total of [7 * (38% of Attack power)%] Physical damage.
      Marksmanship (Level 28)
      Each shot generates 1 Focus
      Usable while moving.

Effect #1 School Damage
      Value: 0 (AP mod: 0.38)
      (Pvp Multiplier: 11.1)

General

• Arcane Shot A quick shot that causes (62.7% of Attack power)% Arcane damage.

Effect #1 School Damage
    Value: 0 (AP mod: 0.627)
    (Pvp Multiplier: 1.21.3)

• Mend Pet Heals your pet for 35% of its total health over 10 sec.
    Magic Dispel type removed

• Revive Pet Revives your pet, returning it to life with 100% of its base health.
    Cast Time changed from 4 sec cast to 3 sec cast

4 Likes

Just give us some single target bufffs, please Blizzard! :sob:

OP has been updated to display all changes to the class for 9.1.5.
(In case I’ve missed something, feel free to reply)

Blizzard giveth with one hand and taketh away with another.

Gives death chakram 10% damage increase on contact.

But now it they reduce beastial wrath damage by five percent from 25% damage buff to 20% damage buff.

Loss of control is a pretty significant difference on its own.

You mean the PvP multiplier change?

Yep, indeed.

Thanks for bringing that change up as well, thought I did include it in the OP but for some reason, it hadn’t been saved.

Now that ive been necro this hole time and necro just got buffed think im gonna start trying to find a team for a chill glad push again. Im not noticing the five percent nerf since death chakram gives the 10% buff. Feels like i hit harder than last patch even with the nerf to beastial wrath