9.1.5 had hope now you BAIT the whales with 6 month subs

Sad face

All these people being saltie for no reason.

There is. It’s free and you have to try out their new Hearthstone mode and it’s a reskin of Squeakers.

The thing that kills me is the people who are so called “whales” are just being smarter with their money.

2 Likes

The six months subscription rewards Hearthstone cards. The mount is from playing the new roguelike version of Hearthstone in October.

Well yeah, I meant not a new one for a sub. :slight_smile:

That Hearthstone mount seems to be pretty close to my Squeakers though. I may have to see someone on it to decide if I want to play Hearthstone to get it.

1 Like

That’s what gets me too.

The only thing I can see is you are buying 6 months just for the mount. Why would someone do that though? If you think you aren’t going to be playing then either a) You don’t need a mount or b) It would probably be cheaper to just do your month (or whatever you wanna play) and buy the mount separately.

Expect there is no promise of “hyped” anything being added to the game. It is a mount and some Hearthstone crap. These “whales” are actually paying LESS to play the same game as you or I would over the same time frame. If you know there is a high chance that you will be playing for the next six months, it is a DEAL that you should be taking. It saves you almost the cost of single monthly subscription and gives you a mount and other bonuses on top.

Sure it’s not for everyone as only the most dedicated should ever pay for something that far in advanced. But calling someone who saves “$2” a month on their subscription a “whale” is about as dumb you can get.

2 Likes

Them doing fixes for things they didn’t want to do is hype.

You sure like to SOUND like you know what you are talking about.

Oh the irony! :rofl:

“Whales” who buy a 6-month for the price reduction since they’re going to be actively playing the game? Darn those economical marine mammals.

1 Like

News flash, you get those regardless of your subscription model…

Sure there is. You didn’t see the announcement last week of all the “features” upcoming in 9.1.5 whose details haven’t been released? They want people to sub now even though there’s no release date yet.

It is an offer, and if you sub now and jump through enough hoops later, you get a mount.

This discussion has nothing whatever to do with whales, notwithstanding the OP’s misunderstanding what a whale is in the context of gaming. If you also don’t know, there are some videos on youtube that will explain to you how whales play and why games go out of their way to give them opportunities to spend lots of money. Which a 6 month sub isn’t. Whales pay thousands of dollars to play the way they want to. They max out their tokens weekly and then find carriers that will take real money if they’re not done spending.

News Flash: No we don’t get it until .2 or .3. Unless a mass unsub happens in BFA where they apologized for Azerite or if a mass unsub + a Lawsuit happens.

If you don’t have self control that a 6 month announcement is gonna make you want to resub again then that’s not anyone’s fault, let alone Blizz.

$30/hour, ha… I make twice that.

How is having a 6 month renewing sub being a whale? I pay less overall for my 6 month sub than someone who is paying monthly.

I don’t think you know what a whale is.

1 Like

If this was ACTUALLY meant to be “whale bait” they would have made the mount the sub reward, not a bunch of Hearthstone packs. What this really is is cross promotion to encourage WoW players to try Hearthstone.

It’s also hilarious to call the 6-month sub “whale bait” at all considering it’s cheaper in the long run if you’re going to stay subbed for all 6 months anyway.

Why do people who clearly do not trust and/or hate Blizzard Activision continue to interreact with their games? Your hyperbolic complains distract from the very real problems with the game that those of us who enjoy it want to bring to attention so they can worked on.

Just walk away if you have such a low opinion of the game, stop giving them money (And don’t try “I pay with tokens” because that means they got $20 for your sub instead of $15)

1 Like

I’m opposed to baiting people with 6 month subs with unique mounts when the game is in a poor state.

But I see that this is poor timing on Blizzard to announce a cross game promotion when they’re in the middle of a game doing poorly plus facing IRL things.

Cross game promotion has been a staple of Blizzard since a long time.