9.1.5 Content Update Preview

Players telling the dev team during the beta and for the first 9 months to make these fundamental changes which are key to a more enjoyable game.

Blizzard keep commiting to ideas that they think will look great in a shareholder presentation deck, but in reality its a false economy as they continue to bleed their player base.

This is the second expansion in a row that will follow the below cycle.

1. Hype the xpac and justify how the new leech systems will revolutionise the game. Players buy xpac.
  2. Players provide feedback to make systems more playercentric during beta.
  3. Feedback is refuted by dev team as the systems have already been sold to the Blizzard Executive team on the basis that the systems will help them achieve KPIā€™s such as engagement. Budgets have also been spent on developing the systems.
  4. Release undercooked xpac and continue to commit resources on systems that the community have already openly told the dev team arenā€™t enjoyable (Azerite Traits BFA, Conduits?). I guess going back to the Executive team to tell them you are pulling the plug on the very expensive systems you committed budget to could be a career limiting move - but so is losing more than half your player base, go figure.
  5. Loyal player base limps along for 6 months thinking Blizzard will implement changes requested by community
  6. 9.1 drops ā€œweā€™ve listened to your feedback! heres another system, Shards of Dominationā€. What the actual f***?
  7. Player base drops through the floor, Exec team ask devs ā€œwtf guysā€.
  8. Dev team to Exec team, ā€œdont worry, we are making adjustments to bring the player base back, its all the feedback we received in the beta! :)ā€
  9. Player base cautiously becomes more confident in dev team again as they feel listened to.
  10. Blizzard use new-found player confidence to announce new xpac with great new leech systems that will make you forget all about BFA and Shadowlands and will only cost you $60!
  11. Back to point 1. and start again.

Iā€™ve never been so dissapointed in Blizzard in over 15 years than I have been over the past 2.

Simplify your game.
Put the player first.
Listen to your community.

The rest will take care of itself.

13 Likes

Can we please also get new Raiding with Leashes! Seems like you guys constantly ignore the Battle Pet community!

2 Likes

i guess this is the equivalent of begging on their hands and knees to get us not to quit.

hey, its a patch sooner, you guys still trash thou, hire better people

Iā€™m personally looking forward to Legion Timewalking implemented. Iā€™ll finally have some new rewards to spend my Timewarped Badges on as Iā€™m currently close to 20,000 Badges on my main.

Also liking the changes when it comes to changing covenants. I may now switch to each covenant now in order to collect the rewards from the other ones once 9.1.5 drops!

1 Like

Very nice changes but can I ask for one more please? Could we at some point get an alt speedy catch up function for stuff you have already done. For example, if you already have max rep with a faction and you are grinding it on a second toon, give us a 50% speed bonus and possibly another 50% on the 3rd etc.

I get that it is supposed to be challenging but honestly, when you have done it three times it is not a challenge for anything but your patience.

3 Likes

Because to them (and to me frankly) anything they create for the game they call content. I have learned that some players, like yourself, differentiate parts of the game calling some content and others not. I answered your question using your definition not theirs.

Although you apparently need to feel this way, I doubt it is the motivation.

This. This is what I was hoping to see following the change in leadership at Blizzard.

This is good and resoundingly shows that Blizzard is headed in a much better direction!

Hereā€™s hoping we see plenty more dev posts that address player concerns and wishlists for WoW!

Love this,
and would also like to see Antorus, the Burning Throne tuned down for solo runs :smiley:

4 Likes

I like the fact that it makes catching up on covenant story lines for alts easier by having to not have to do them on every alt. I have 1 max character in each of the 4 covenants who have played through the full first storyline of each covenant. Will be nice for my alts to be able to now skip having to do them, but be able to get the renown, etc. from auto completing them.

I wonder though, if you have completed the second storyline from Korthia on a character, do your alts also get to skip doing it as well? I didnā€™t see it in the notes.

I donā€™t know if this is the thread for requests, but has everyone forgotten the Flight Masterā€™s Whistle? It would be so nice to have again.

3 Likes

this is all really great. but I see no improvements to how unfriendly this expansion is for altsā€¦ I have completely abandoned my 5 other 60s because its just too much to have to do torghast, assaults/tormentors, shaping fate every week, and grind m+ rating to upgrade my gearā€¦ We need a removal of the weekly cap on cinders/soul ash so we can grind for leggos if we want too and bring back the upgrades being account-wide like they were last seasonā€¦
Its not rocket science, bring back the account-wide gear upgrades from last season and introduce a seasonal cap on cinders like valor. Problems solved. Next season keep account-wide gear upgrades, remove cinders cap like soul ash and introduce a new currency and give it a seasonal cap. Your welcome.

Me to :slightly_smiling_face: Only other request I would add, is maybe having Time walk events happen more than once a month. Had a blast running them during the 5 year anniversary event. Had a different one every week. Also put comp stomp on a monthly rotation would go a long ways to helping us altoholics out lol.

Are they giving us a Tunic option for the heritage armor? Asking for a friend :wink:

4 Likes

The one simple change that would fix pvp is removing the rating requirement on gearā€¦ All it does is promote boosting and toxicity. Players have to take rated content more serious than anything in the game because itā€™s the only way to get the best gear for pvp. We used to be able to do rated content just to have fun. I also donā€™t want to grind rating again on every alt for the gearā€¦

8 Likes

Btw adding in heirlooms for leveling in SL wonā€™t help smooth leveling much if at all. You removed the xp bonus from heirlooms entirely Blizz. Unless youā€™re planning to buff xp somehow with Threads of Fate or the heirlooms there wonā€™t be much xp change.

I suggest a minor xp bonus for heirlooms added in the least and also boosting xp for all bonus objectives the first time completed by a considerable margin when doing Threads of Fate on an alt (WoD bonus obj levels of experience). Also the heirloom set bonuses have been reportedly pretty weak as well they perhaps could use a boost.

2 Likes

I love the changes made, thank you, Blizzard. I was wondering if perhaps in a future patch we could have garrisons (WoD) tweaked, so theyā€™re easier to do solo once again. I think the guards are levelā€¦ 40, now, if Iā€™m not mistaken? They used to scale to max level with the player. But anyway, yeah, thatā€™d be great.

Thanks again for the changes! Looking forward to them.

1 Like

Can we kindly have a Black, Brown and White hair colour on Void elves as well please? :pleading_face: Other than that thank you so so much community reps and the team for all these customizations and for adding all that stuff for Void elves as well! Hope I havenā€™t been too late with this comment! :heart:

9 Likes

I was wondering for the Legion Timewalking Toys. Are you going to add in the Nightborne, Highmountain, Void Elf, and Lightforged Draenei Banners? Also will we finally have the Warden Armor be a Cosmetic Armor Set at last for those who really wanted Warden Night Elves in the Game as a Cosmetic Armor?

If you cant tell that they hold all these fixes in their back pocket to impress people like you when they fix them, then you cannot be helped :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like