9.1.5 Content Update Preview

Since Blood Elves did not get very flushed out doing the first customization pass, I would like to post some of the suggestions for them.

Blood Elf Additions/Improvements-

-Racial Customizations

• Dark Ranger Themed Options. (Pale Skin Tones and Red Eyes)
    This would finally allow players to play Dark Rangers
    -San’layn Themed Options. (Possibly through a Quest like Nightwarrior.)

-Hair

• Void Elf hairstyles.
  • Longer Hair and Beard Styles.

-Accessories/Jewelry

• Jewelry options for males.
  • More colors for Jewelry. Including Black/Rose Gold/Dark Silver/Bronze/Copper Options.
    This would allow it to match more armor/outfits better
  • More Jewelry Types. Like Chokers, Eye/Nose/Lip Piercings, and Metal Feather.

-Markings

• Rune Tattoos like the Burning Crusade Box Art.
  • Makeup and nail polish options.
  • Scars/Burns and Damaged Ear options.
5 Likes

That’s it?

If I read this right, my baby alts almost ready to enter SL content can skip that Maw intro? :partying_face:

I think this is good, only because I think it is what kept people from leveling and playing alts, the thoughts of doing that Maw intro.

I like that you will be able skip the covenant campaign on alts if one character has done them. I have 3 characters who did them, and only my main has completed both campaigns. But it will be nice for my other alts to skip over them. Some of them were just tedious and harder for some alts than others.

Plus, I think that is one of the reasons people got tired of the repetitiveness of doing campaigns and Maw intro over multiple characters. I did the Maw intro on 17 characters, and wish I could get that play time back lol

Of course they said this is the start of changes, but I am hoping for many many more!

Removing old systems to make way for new ones coming in 9.2 !

1 Like

Looks like Soon™ ain’t just a meme, most of this stuff should have been a thing a year ago.

1 Like

I’m really hoping they get inspired to make it a baseline feature where they can put a rotation on themes and the assets they’ve used over the years. Torghast dying in SLs would be such a shame and a complete waste of resources if it at least didn’t setup a system to be used in the general game.

1 Like

Okay there are a lot of positive changes here, but why are we missing the addition of a token to Bonesmith that lets us add a Domination Socket to a piece of gear? Its just plain stupid how much of a difference having a set bonus of these and not makes in raids, maw, and torghast.

These are all good. The only downside is that it sound awfully “end expansion” to me.

They’re fine gifts, and it honestly never bothered me that we’d work through stuff all expansion that they just unlock and give us later.

But, what else is there to open up? What other gifts are there for 9.2 or even 9.3?

So, anyway, just sounds like 9.2 may be “it”.

So to recap:

1. Fixes to bad systems (covenants)
  2. Cosmetics
  3. Old content rehash (Legion)
  4. Fixes to bad systems (maw intro)
  5. Old content rehash (BfA islands)
  6. Old content rehash (allied races)
  7. Fixes to bad gameplay (Maw travel points)
  8. Fixes to bad systems (anima)
  9. Cosmetics (transmog junk)
  10. Old content rehash (alt leveling)
  11. Fixes to bad gameplay (pvp alts)
  12. Fixes to bad systems (old runecarving recipes)
  13. Old content rehash (BfA)

I appreciate improvements, but…yeah, nah. Not paying $15/mo for fiddly junk. I love that most of these fixes are just removing idiotic hamster wheels you’ve inflicted upon your playerbase.

11 Likes

As asmongold stated.

“We were at a -5, now we are back to 0”

All of this should have been in the game from the start.

8 Likes

It’s… a start.

I just hope it’s not too late, and I also hope that this is a sign that the new heads at Blizzard are finally righting this ship away from the iceberg that’s been savaging it’s hull. Glad you guys are finally just owning up. I can forgive that, because I know how daunting game-design is. But simple statements like “We should of listened” or “We didn’t expect X or Y”, often say the most and in a positive way.

No one expects you to be perfect. Everyone just wants communication and some degree understanding on the reasoning behind it. They I think are owed at least that much, simply because of the time investment the players put into the game.

Additionally, always remember that no one who posts feedback here on the forums or beta wants you to fail. We want you to succeed. Let us help with that, and let’s try to get more good-will between Devs and players. I mean what does either camp have to lose at this point?

5 Likes

So did someone finally smack Ion upside the head and told him to drop his ego and finally listen to the players?

Edit: This is awesome news. But for the next expansion can you please actually take your beta testers feedback. Not wait till 70% of the player base has left a year into the expansion.

5 Likes

‘’‘new travel forms for druids, and new Soulshapes for Night Fae.’’’

Really? Everyone get new forms but none for Shamans? :frowning:

Please, give us a couple of new glyphs to change forms. Shamans currently only have 2, while Soulshape have probably a couple dozen already, with more being promised in this patch.

5 Likes

I feel sorry for the people who still cant see the pattern of negligence here. Every single expansion they do this. Launch incomplete ill-concieved features wholly negligent of player feedback. Continually ignore player feedback for the duration of the expansion until towards the end when numbers slump. Roll out a corrections patch that kind of address some of the overwhelming feedback that has been omnipresent since inception. It’s cynical and gross. Game is made by cruel narcissists. And news flash, you can be happy that changes are happening and still be critical of the cruel cycle they happen in. Sure, changes = good. But the pattern is the exact same and no sign of that changing, so in the end they don’t deserve a single gd pat on the back for doing the BARE MINIMUM and doing it late, as always.

19 Likes

I’m just sitting here praying to hear news that we’re getting cross-faction guilds/dungeons/raiding… :sob: I’m so tired of playing Horde races I’m meh about just to play with my friends… I NEED to play with those new LF Draenei options!!! Aaaaaah! :sob: :sob: :sob:

7 Likes

As much as I want the faction war to stay on it seems to be that cross faction raiding is the only way to remedy the faction imbalance problem with raiders.

1 Like

Oh I agree with you. They really need to start really listening to players involving these systems during Alpha.

On top of this, I could have sworn we were supposed to be moving away from so many currencies. I think this expac actually has the most currencies.

2 Likes

It would be a nice change of pace since it wouldn’t only effect raiders. RPers could finally have their xfaction guilds they had been wanting for years.

3 Likes

Thanks Blizz for these awesome updates! This is the first time in a while that I’m actually excited about a minor patch!

hi, these are all great, thank you for this. one thing i would like to suggest you also revisit is the heirloom set bonuses. i dont think anyone was thrilled with them when they came out, and most are very underwhelming. i was wondering if perhaps those could be looked at again for another editing pass, or reworking. thanks for your time

1 Like